2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanGUK

Can you give us any information on the possible transfer of European players to ProSieben? I love using SOE but I've been registered since November 21st 2012 so I had no choice in registering to an EU server because they didn't exist. Will BETA testers from EU also be moved over, if this is indeed happening?
  2. TeknoBug

Wow, I'm blown away by the response here.

So my existing sub will be changed to all-access?
  3. Deadeye302

Hey Luperza!

I figured I would throw an idea out there.

How about allow the player to choose each month. The first time you log in you are presented with a Welcome Screen saying something like "Welcome Back Soldier Choose Your Monthly Loyalty Reward!"

Choice #1 = 500 SC (Which can be spent in the Player Studio and Marketplace)

Choice #2 = Voucher for One Item from the Marketplace up to a 2000 SC Value (Not Player Studio Items)

This way you still keep your claiming monthly system to keep down on SC Hoarders and you allow those of us that want the free item instead to have that choice. I believe this would solve complaints from both sides and be extremely fair.

Deadeye302, Out!
    • Up x 5
  4. Blaze81

RE EU people with a SOE account.

I would also like to know what is happening with these accounts as I am in the same boat.

By the way, SOE, thanks for listening!
  5. S7rudL

Sure, that is how I think it also should be/is. But, how do you explain this what Smedley stated,

Imagine this scenario - we don't have to imagine btw.. we live it.
    Same guy as above spends $100 to top up SC in Texas (one of the states that implemented this early).
    He waits a year before he spends it because maybe he's overseas on duty or something. We have to remit the sales tax on that $100 but we are unable to recognize any of that revenue until it's spent.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...the_changes_to_our_subscription_plans/cej3dgb

?
    • Up x 2
  6. Quarterbrew

I was already feeling it. Seeing 12 Certs gained when logging in instead of 48. But yeah this membership update feels right. Premium membership back on! Thanks for listening SOE.
  7. Piestro Community Relations

We're working on the official statement and details, that'll probably be next week. This is a lot to do and we'll get it up as quickly as we can.
    • Up x 2
  8. Piestro Community Relations

I strongly encourage folks to share their opinions any time we do anything, whatever it is. It can make a difference.
    • Up x 2
  9. GoodFight

You can see multiple posts on the original threads that bring up that military people on deployment (and other people that have real life rear its ugly head) will lose out if they have to be able to log in each month to claim/use a reward. You can also see at least two posts in this thread on the same issue... one guy who works offshore and one guy who gets deployed for 6 months at a time in the military. (Hint: I have also been mentioning it)
    • Up x 2
  10. Piestro Community Relations

There are many brances of Sony. We're Sony Online Entertainment, they are Sony Creative Entertainment of InsertRegionHere. It's a complicated thing.

It's not that simple, we're just going to have to get better at the dark arts.
    • Up x 1
  11. Piestro Community Relations

DCUO for EU players who happen to be SOE customers is a particularly complicated example. You could certainly use the SC in EverQuest. DCUO maybe or maybe not depending on your status as a DCUO customer.
  12. Piestro Community Relations

It's still january. :) If you have questions about your particular account you should contact CS.
  13. Piestro Community Relations

Keep an eye out next week for details.
  14. Piestro Community Relations

EU and US players can play with one another.
  15. Piestro Community Relations

One question: What about the 3 or 6 month subscription plans are they going to be at the same discounted price as now?
    Or will it be fixed 15$/month for any plan duration you choose from now on out?[/quote]

Tiny font is hard to read. Makes caveman piestro angry. They'll almost certainly stay the same as now. ;)
    • Up x 2
  16. Piestro Community Relations

We have to 100% confirm, but right now I can say you are 99% grandfathered in at current price and will still get the benefits in all applicable games.
    • Up x 1
  17. Piestro Community Relations

You also have to realize there are additional costs involved and of course the question of various VAT and such that we have to contend with. It'd be a lot easier if we didn't have to deal with these things to.
  18. Piestro Community Relations

If you go on a deployment contact our CS department. They're good at working out solutions that make people happy.
  19. Piestro Community Relations

No plans to do this at this time that I've heard of. Not sure where this is coming from?
  20. Piestro Community Relations

Pretty much yeah.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.