2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dramonicous

I would like to see some incentive added to the membership for us players that have reached BR100 and pretty much got everything we want cert wise.
    The only things I have left to spend certs on are vehicle upgrades, the vehicles that I pull at the most once a month.
  2. Parz1va1

Firstly I think your stance on the matter is rather skewed in that the game itself is given to you for free. The additional membership benefits and cosmetic changes are what is being charged for. Those "free" / "virtual" items still require man hours to develop and the business model relies on the purchase of these items / memberships to make the game F2P viable and therefore a product you can actually play.

That a side I think the claim and still horde contradiction you are referring to is also a mis-understanding. I'm not an official rep so this is just my interpretation of the announcement but by claim you will have to log in once in the month to be awarded the 500 SC as opposed to it automatically being credited to your account. The KEY difference is that you don't have to spend the 500 SC in the month it is awarded.
    Claim = log in to claim reward - not spending the reward.

Therefore you can log in each month without spending the 500SC and it would still accumulate.

My two cents on the forces anger...

I get it but in SOE's defence I haven't seen one post on the forum from forces people highlighting an issue with the spend each month (and therefore log on requirements) in the previous offer thread (ref: old 2000SC item a month introduction thread). SOE are reacting to the community based on the feedback they're getting. Did you raise this previously?

Peace
  3. CrossToxin

I liked the pick one item idea personally, maybe give players a choice between 500SC or the 2000SC value pick?
    • Up x 1
  4. Nahwel

Thanks for the answer, Luperza. I also would like to add that I liked the idea someone mentioned to be able to choose if I want the 500 sc or the one 2000 sc each month. Something like a notification in-game saying that "the bonus came, now for this month what do you want? 500 sc or one item?"

Another question, if I have a recurring PS2 membership every 3 months, that means that it will be converted to an all access pass and with that same price I pay, I'll have premium membership to all the other games?
  5. Piestro Community Relations

The idea is you'll basically be able get membership to ps2, and if you want you can use that membership in say EQ2 as well. If you don't want you don't have to log on, and it won't cost any more.
  6. Gyroban

Thanks for listening! I like all of the changes you proposed.
  7. Piestro Community Relations

There are a number of these special deals out there. We'll still continue to offer special deals, and it probably won't change in any way for you.
  8. Piestro Community Relations

If you claim it you don't lose it, it's now yours and can be saved.
  9. Piestro Community Relations

Landmark is being published by SOE worldwide. I don't believe we've announced anything about if/what membership Landmark will have.
  10. Piestro Community Relations

We won't judge. ;)
  11. Piestro Community Relations

Long term plans will still be offered similar to how they are now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Piestro Community Relations

1. Yes.
    2. That makes the most sense, we have to figure out the tech details still though.
  13. Piestro Community Relations

This is pretty well put.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nepau

If they do not speak, they can not get counted. Unlike balance changes in a game, policy changes will always be more dependent on who speaks up for what, and if the Majority was fine with the inital changes, but never spoke out, then how can they know?

Personaly I was fine with ether, I think the main reason people didnt like the 2000SC value item a month was that it basicly equated to 1 free item a month, only if you use it each month, unlike the current system of 500sc a month that you could save up to use for something spicific in the future.
    • Up x 1
  15. Piestro Community Relations

Obviously we're still working out the details, but B makes more sense probably.
    • Up x 2
  16. sagat

im cinda worried about this1. coudnt this hurt you pretty bad? id suggest if u do ''all access member'' that thers a possibilty to have maby a upgraded all access membership for specific games. that woud just cost a litle more with a minor benefit. example maby buffing the passive cert gain to 400% insted of 300% and increase its limit pool from the current 48 to maby the double or somethiing.

worried your giving to much
  17. Piestro Community Relations

It won't replace anything. There is a lot we need to talk over and figure out exactly how it all works together.
  18. Piestro Community Relations

SOE wide, no separate pools.
  19. Boogalo

I can't blame them for wanting you to log in. The players are the content. If you log in to claim passive certs or station cash, you're more likely to play for a while.
  20. Piestro Community Relations

It will roll over.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.