2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6098

Perfect compromise, great diplomacy.
    I am already happy with 500sc and claiming it before the month runs out is no issue at all, collect it for 2 months then spend it like I usually do. I believe in democracy and people wanted 500sc (Personally I wanted the 1 item per month because that means a flashy 700sc weapon per month) but i am glad things worked out the way they did.

Thank you for listening to customers you guys are the best! You have really earned allot of customer loyalty points.
    Will keep subscription for sure.
    Also curious about the other games now, will check them out.

One question: What about the 3 or 6 month subscription plans are they going to be at the same discounted price as now?
    Or will it be fixed 15$/month for any plan duration you choose from now on out?
  2. Aeroloulou

There are almost no 2000 SC items apart from a few selected gold variations of 700SC weapons, so this is not a real issue. For long time members with no use of new weapons, this would be a very bad deal. The solution is good, but If we could choose between an item for up to 2000SC or 500SC in the bank it would be even better.
  3. Padapong

Wooah, what the hell? I signed up as a soe customer and don't want to be a prosieben sat1 whatever customer. Is that even legal? I can't stand prosieben, frogster/gameforge and all these sh**** european publishers anymore. Every game they have published went down the drain.
    • Up x 2
  4. stalkish

So i guess this means i can log into PS1 for some nostalgia any time i like :D, bonus.
    • Up x 1
  5. BoomBoom4You

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Luperza. I had a question...awhile back I signed up for a 3-month recurring membership at a special promotional price of $9/month (so every 3 months I'm charged $27). Do you know if I'll be grandfathered in, or if I'll have to start paying the $15/month? A bit nuanced I know, but a big part of me signing up was the value, and if that goes away, I'll need to re-evaluate my sub, as I'm not a big "gamer" and really only play PlanteSide 2 and no other titles, from SOE or anyone else.
    • Up x 1
  6. 6098

I felt the same way, but I think people were unreasonably afraid that nice items will suddenly start costing over 2000sc, cool items will be left out of this 1 item per month thing, other fishy stuff. Basically I sensed they dreaded the change because they didn't have much faith or trust in SOE and thought the move was greedy and designed to give them less. They completely forgot that companies who want to rip you off usually don't offer you a fully functional great free game to begin with.. Some people just have very pessimistic, nihilistic attitudes.. And a loud voice.
  7. OrrwrenX

I agree with this.

Another option, which would be somewhat of an inclusion of the old system and the new implementation that was discussed, would be to allow the SC bonus to roll over at least 4 months to allow 2000 SC total in which you have to spend. (500 SC * 4 = 2000 SC, 12 months in a year so this happens up to 3 times a year)
  8. Retne

Thank you. I'm awaiting to see the European discussions come to fruition (what with being European and all), but I appreciate what SOE did here and what the individuals from SOE who were on these boards did.

My days on subscriptions games started with EQ, then PS, then WoW and now PS2 again. I've only ever subscribed to one at a time, but I'm interested to think we may get a variety.

(I only say may in case the deal for this side of the pond is different. I am somewhat sensitive to $ to £ conversions, which is probably the only thing I'll wait to see)

Cheers

R
  9. stalkish

If youve bought SC youve already paid them 'real' money.
    e.g. I decide to buy £1,000 worth of SC, so i put in my debit card details and pay over my £1,000 to SOE, SOE now has that £1,000 its now on their takings list for that period, the SC that is sitting on my station account means nothing at this point. You could even say i have already bought my 'in-game' item, that item being the SC. Since SOE can 'create' as much SC as it wants and can dictate what the value of each SC is it realy does not matter if i 'spend' the SC or not.

If (and i assume it does) SOE divides their total takings into each game and has an earnings list and profit for each game then not spending the SC would mean that the game you play doesnt have as higher SC turnover, but consolidated SOE would still have made that money off you.
  10. OrrwrenX

That's a shame....
    But not everyone, such as myself, is interested in playing the other SOE games, only Planetside 2.
  11. HNYBblaze5727

What you listened.................OMG.........NEVER THOUGHT THAT WOULD HAPPEN!
  12. Nerkun

This makes me want to buy a whole year membership, but I'm from Europe playing the steam version, and I have to pay everything in euro. If I could pay things in dollars, it would be nice. I hope that at some time in the future, we people form Europe get the same deals as our fellow gamers form America, and not be forced to pay more for the same because of a geographical detail.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sgtspud

Well i was very happy to hear that i would be able to get any item i wanted once a month worth up to 2000sc.
    Now this has changed this has just made me very mad not only do i have to clam it each month its still only 500sc so annoyed been playing ps2 since closed beta and this is just upsetting. think you have done a great job up to now i just don't get why i would have to clam my reward when i have all ready paid for it.
    • Up x 1
  14. BadWolfzxc

I approve of these changes. Now fix Amerish and add continent locking so I don't have to always fight on Indar.
  15. Victorov

An option to select 500sc or an ability to choose an item would have been great. Making you able to choose the reward system like 1 in 3 months would have been a sort of a regulation. 500 sc provide a lesser reward and forces to wait for a sale. Item selection would have been really nice, I liked the change.

And making people to redeem 500sc every month makes it worse than it was before. So my say on this new rules is - no.
    • Up x 1
  16. Stevil

Subscription... Re-instated :)

Thank you so much for listening SOE. The changes have been more than fair and now the new deals represents greater value than before with the discount and the all access perks. I'm really happy.

I'd also like to thank Luperza and Piestro for all of their hard work over the last few days. They must have had to wade through tons of our moaning and I'm very grateful to them for passing on our feedback.

I have to say that I don't care much at all for claiming one 2000SC item at all. I think the new subsciption proposal is perfect as it is. Even if 2000SC items come out I'd be more than happy to save for it or buy extra SC.

Thank you again!!
  17. Ultramarine

I agree with that, but I'd prefer this either way. There also aren't worthwhile items for 500SC or less...
  18. Kracin

what you did here is basically tell anyone in the armed forces to **** off and don't buy your membership services.

when i was in the navy, we were gone on deployment for 6 months at a time, a lot of time no way to log in and play games we wanted to do, not even a chance to use a phone if we really wanted to. i guarantee you have more than just a few people in the armed forces playing this game who let their membership ride out so when they get back, they have some SC to play with when they get back, and they keep it active just in case they get a chance to play.

now because you feel you need to force people to log in to get a benefit of a membership, because paying you monthly just isn't enough anymore, the people who didn't have the opportunity to log in each month get jacked on this.

i'm sorry but who are the people in the idea room throwing darts at a board of bad ideas??? i can't believe that these decisions make it to the front of the pack and get put into play.
  19. ClericGY

Explain "The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though" That's quite contradictory. Either we can hoard it...or, you are basically telling us you are "making us claim it monthly" which means we won't be able to "hoard" it if we don't claim it for that month. So, you should advise and be clear and concise about it and not confusing and contradictory. As you know that's where the main issue is! So don't confuse players with one comment and then say something else that confuses them and expect us to wait until a change is forced upon us, to find out that it's not what we expected! We all get that your main "goal" is to give us more value, while you capitalise off of us even more than you do for providing "free" and "virtual" items, but once again, don't take us, the players, who basically feed you, for granted. Be clear and show us the respect we deserve. And I must say that we appreciate the fact that you are willing to change and take our comments into consideration; but again, do not take us for granted.
  20. mukanya

Please SOE PLEASEEE do not return that SC500 idea. i think people who are complaining are the cheap mofs that complain & complain , & i as a platinum member i find the idea of just getting an item worth sc2000 a brilliant idea. Its all digital money PS all the player studio camos look alike ,looking like Doink the clown in a war game :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.