2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seuchensaal

Nice changes. Thanks for listening to the community. :)
    • Up x 3
  2. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

It will automatically become an all access membership. So instead of becoming a subscriber to just one SOE game, you will be automatically subscribed to ALL SOE games that are applicable, IE: titles listed as part of the All access membership. NO additional charges would be incurred towards you (wont be charged more).
    • Up x 1
  3. S7rudL

Why is money being put on standby if you hoard SC? You should take use of it.
    What was stated in previous announcement, must be horrible for SOE to have so much money on standby, the crappy change would then all make sense. Anything would be better for SOE than that.

This is not really a players fault if he does not want to spend SC currency, some already have everything, some would like to spend it more strategically over a longer time span, some probably like to simply hoard SC and have lots of it and fell good about themselves,..

I thought that SC in itself is a ingame consumable item and once bought the money can be invested into the game/considered as a profit, after 7 working days or so when the return policy expires?

I can only speak for myself,
    PlayerStudio was not my idea, I don't even care about it. If SOE is having problems with it as in putting money aside for possible customer purchases where you would then have to send money to the Author,.. that's not my problem/fault neither.
  4. SHOCK_and_AWE

This is excellent news and the value of membership has increased due to the 10% general discount and universal SOE subscription.

If you are looking to further increase the value, I suggest that when members are prompted to claim their 500SC each month, they have the option to use the item claim from the previous iteration of the change instead - that is, claim any single item worth up to 2000SC (or any value greater than 500SC, otherwise it would be a pointless option) instead of the 500SC that can be banked. Would this help to alleviate some of those accounting/tax burdens that helped to prompt this change in the first place?
    • Up x 3
  5. Luperza Community Manager

When the new system is live, you'll have access to the other SOE games. :)
    • Up x 5
  6. biterwylie

Was this a false positive with regards listening to feedback SOE?

I for one was very happy with the membership change! It would have meant I could get player studio stuff, or black / gold weapons etc that cost 1000-2000SC every month. Now I can get what, a crap camo, or bad weapon that cost 250SC because it is rubbish every month.

How many thousand do you think loved the membership change but did not come and say wow amazing, compared to the hundred that moaned?
  7. jiggu

I realize that I'm in a minority, but I actually liked the 2k SC change, sad.
  8. Ravenwolf Foxtrack

Actually, if you read it carefully, Bundles and Player studio items as well as select items were going to be excluded, as in not applicable, to the one free item worth up to 2000 SC. That is what was one of the main issues and devaluing of the member ship. I'd love the one free item is player studio items and bundles were going to be included.
    • Up x 2
  9. Luperza Community Manager

I'll pass that along. :) Thanks for your feedback.
    • Up x 4
  10. Parz1va1

Thanks SOE, you just secured my next months sub. Top work on listening to your community.
    • Up x 2
  11. f0d

THANK YOU SOE
    you made the sub worth it again - i really wasnt interested in buying gold guns each month (i actually hate the gold guns-i already have the normal version of them anyways)

now i can spend my SC how *I* want to without being forced to spend my allowance each month on things i dont want

well done SOE
    • Up x 3
  12. Anti-Skub

I'm fairly disappointed you didn't manage to work out how to make the 2000SC item thing work. I really appreciated the move to allow us to pick any item we wanted rather than having to wait for the thing we wanted to go on sale (which sometimes takes months). My problem with it was always that it failed to offer a way to purchase multiple cheap items and the enforced time limit.

If you could have devised a system that would have allowed us to have either one expensive item or multiple cheap items while getting rid of the "use it or lose it" stuff that's what would have made me happiest with Premium.

The 10% price cut is kinda piddly (buy 10 guns get one free...woohoo...) and as I mentioned in the other thread, until EQN comes out I really can't imagine many people are going to take advantage of the all access pass. SOE doesn't exactly have a wealth of quality games on offer right now, EQ2 was fine when it came out but it's well past it's sell by date. All that's really come out of this polava is now we have the minor annoyance of having to remember to redeem our SC every month.

I mean basically what's happened here is you've announced that you wanted to make Premium better value, outlined a rather flawed plan, had your customers point out that your "Better value premium" isn't actually "Better value" and then you've just said "Well forget it then"

It's nice that you listened to your customers, but it'd have been nicer if you thought the whole thing through properly in the first place or actually followed through with what you said was your motivation behind the whole thing...and actually offered us more value...oh well.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zadkiel

What will happen to the lost souls that have been led to create a Prosieben account by mistake and are now stuck there?

Euro accounts have had nothing on sale (normal or member) for the past week, we still have no access to the playerstudio, and I guess we'll be out of this all access membership aswell?

Ever thought about doing like Riot games did with GOA? Ditching them and taking over European exploitation of the products?

I would like to see an end to this double standard, I already burnt money into the game before I realized it was too late and now I'm stuck with PRO7 like many others that would like nothing more than to transfer to SOE or at least get the same benefits/offers.

Would appreciate an answer to that, thanks.
  14. icor1031

Would you prefer a 100% chance of getting 1 cookie, or a 90% chance of getting 5 cookies?
  15. Tiedemann

I think I'll get a problem because I use a SOE account. As I understand it I won't get access to EQN as they want me to use PRO7. I fear the sub won't give me anything else than the "old" games on SOE and that I have to get a PRO 7 account (won't ever happen again) to play the new games with one more sub.

I guess this comment from smed is regarding PRO7 but not really sure:
    "5) European players - we have an idea on how to include you in this but we need to discuss with our partners.We have a pretty good idea on this though. give us a bit of time to suss this out."
  16. Tinuva

Sure I was using arbitrary numbers, but you must admit the previous offer was in fact better (if it included the Player Studio items which if you refer to reddit was under serious consideration).

Hear me out, if you can purchase any item valued up to 2000SC with certainty, isnt that not better than 500SC to be held or spent whenever you want because you are offered certainty in your purchase with greater value?

For example the premium member camo's (black scale etc) are 1000SC each, for the entire set that is 3000SC. Under the originally proposed model it would have taken a minimum of 3 months to acquire guaranteed. Now under this model it will take potentially 3 months (if they go on sale) but in all likely hood will take 6 months.

Now also tell me, how many 700SC items can you purchase under both models? With the originally proposed you can buy 1, under the new offer you can buy 1 only if it goes on sale otherwise you get 0. If you think this is 90% chance at 5 cookies well you have a lot to learn.

I had an issue with the proposed model only if it excluded Player Studio items and bundles otherwise it is a far superior model.

Tinuva450
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

you can already increase cert gain immensely by buying boosters. also, membership increases your passive cert gain (when not playing) by 100-300%

if they added purchasable cert items to the shop, the "skill" level between free2play users and premium members would only widen more because the latter would be able to cert out their gear and dominate others who couldn't afford it, so these players would leave frustrated. it would be pure pay2win and that shouldnt be the goal of SoE
  18. DarkCause

Oh nice change...... so only change is membership for one game is an all access pass and nothing new and login to claim 500sc? Well making my choice of not subing easier, since well...no change. Plus I highly doubt I'd play any of the other games. I was actually looking forward to something....new or different.
  19. icor1031

Because of the attitude, I won't respond to the rest.

20. VinceLB

"We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though :) I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread"

Honestly I think this is a huge mistake... Some ppl just like to argue... The new plan was way better. Now we are stuck in 500 SC instead of 2000 SC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.