Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtYbird

I'd like to see other membership options, you can keep the Premium option but why not offer a standard membership.

How about putting something together for $8 p/m and dont include the SC, Priority login, Additional Character Slots and Early access?
    • Up x 2
  2. Bindlestiff

The important kicker to that Luperza is ensuring it is more 2000SC items that are not simply repaints of much cheaper items (otherwise chrome / gold / black is not offering a value 2000SC purchase).

3. Spartan 117

I think VX hit the nail on the head here. I renewed my membership with the understanding that I would receive the +500 SC per month to be spent on whatever I wish & be used whenever I wish. I think it would be in SOE's best interest for those with current memberships to receive the benefits "they paid for" & those who purchase after the 3rd of Feb to receive the new program benefits. In the event that is not possible, the next best option would be to remove "ALL" exclusions. 95% of what I have purchased in past 6 months has been player studio items. If they are exempt from this new program, how does this "add value" to my membership?
    • Up x 2
  4. SirJMD

That I know - I wrote that myself too ;) But what I was asking, is whether the "choose a free item per month" would be affected by the early cancellation of the subscription.
  5. NinjaTurtle

I had membership for 6 months which ran out on 1st Jan and I don't feel the need to renew and I feel this change makes it less likely I will re sub

This change gives less versatility for the subscriber.

I would suggest that you combine the 2 systems.

a) You get the item of your choice up to the 2000sc limit

or

b) After the 1 month period if you have not taken up on the any item up to 2000sc deal you get 500sc credited to your account for use at a later time
    • Up x 3
  6. Jin Shepard

Here is a thought.. why not have a option to buy things up to 2000 CERTS, so you can choose between the certs or station cash... might be silly idea but...
    • Up x 1
  7. NinjaTurtle

As a consumer it is logical to assume that any change a business makes is in their best interests and not the players. A business will try and smoke screen the real reason behind "good intentions"

The above quote of yours concerns me that this is a perfect excuse for SOE to introduce more 2000 SC items into PS2 and then try and flog membership as a great value way of attaining these items.

I am as a consumer very skeptical that you would change something purely to benefit the player base when it comes to financial transactions.
    • Up x 1
  8. 7of9

If I want to purchase an XP boost at 500SC can I choose to purchase 4 of these to use up the 2000SC? Or am i limited to purchasing only 1 and wasting the other 1500SC?

Personally I don't see this as an enhancement to membership and am somewhat annoyed at this given that I have only recently become a premium member last month and now have received this nerf to the benefits. The 500SC per month was a major factor in deciding the take out a 12 month membership, one I will not do again.

Come on SOE for goodness sake, 43 pages so far of nearly all negative feedback on the changes? Is anybody reading this and paying attention?

FFS!
    • Up x 3
  9. Retne

Hey 7of9, there's lots of replies in this thread saying just that - that SOE's representatives are reading this and are paying attention.

I imagine any feedback won't be quick, though, as I get the impression thee will be some big meetings and committees (it's a report that's being prepared, which suggests admin and a big CC list to me).
    • Up x 3
  10. Bullet0Storm

So I predict overall Item sales to go down and bundle sales to go up,
    let's see some nice bundles!
  11. Chromedome

Let us all be able to cancel our current existing memberships now, and be refunded cash for any unused months without penalty,. If this deal is so good we will all obviously re join when we see the new deal in February, and you can tell us you were right.

Put your money where your mouth is SOE. I know you need to make money to survive as a business, but this idea seems like a negative step from every angle.

Personally, as it stands, I will be cancelling my subscription when it comes due renewal.
    • Up x 5
  12. Longasc

If SOE wants to change what people get for a future subscription, I have no problem with that.

But I have a MASSIVE problem with SOE changing the deal what I get for the months I already paid for, AFTER I paid for them.
    Just give me and all others what they paid for. I will decide if I renew to your new conditions after our current deal runs out.

Apparently SOE can change the "benefits" we get for a sub and get away with it by labeling them as such. This is playing with the law and quite a racketeer trick that destroyed the image of the company for me.

I hope SOE honors the deal and gives us what we already paid for. I am really not keen to pay or play any game by SOE anymore. I have played many MMOs over the years and this is the first time ever a company dares to change the terms of a running subscription that has already been paid.
    • Up x 4
  13. Longasc

I am questioning that they can simply change the benefits for long-running (6-12 months) subscriptions that have already been paid for.

They cannot simply do that without consent of the subscriber, or the deal is void. They either have to refund or honor the original deal.
  14. Artifex78

I bet someone has already mentioned this.
    Why not let us members pick more than one item per month with a given budget of xxxx SC/pm (most likely between 1000 and 1500 SC)? The budget is only valid for a month, non-transferable to other games and items on sale are excluded. Furthermore it doesn't stack with the members "normal" SC.
    After all we are already paying big bucks every month for your service and to be honest, the ingame items have no real value. If the deal is right you might even get more paying subscribers leading to a more stable and predictable income.

Just a thought.

PS:
    My 6 month subscription ends next month and I probably won't renew it (for the time being). I am a subscriber because I want to support the game and the company behind it, simple as that. But the way how this whole mess got announced and managed just pissed me off.

a) You should never change the conditions for a running contract, even if your T&C allows it. It's just very very bad business practice! Keep the old conditions for running plans (or let your customer decide, that's how my mobile provider handle it). Changes should take effect after a renewal and with new plans only.

b) Keep the "margeting speak" to a minimum.This change doesn't neccessary "add more value" for us "valued" members. It's different and, for some of us, a worse deal. Your customers are no kids, we can do the math and we are well connected.

c) The timeframe between the announcement and could have been longer.
    • Up x 1
  15. 7of9

Completely agree and my sentiments exactly.
  16. Villanuk

You can only have one item, so indeed you loose the 1500sc, but as they said,

at SOE to ensure we are consistently delivering great games and products, while also offering exceptional value to our players.

Hard to see how ^^^^ ?
    • Up x 1
  17. Villanuk

If they change it, who will sign up? Maybe new players for a short period of time but anyone else who has had the game for a while, will lose the SC and see no benefit from doing so. Then i fear people will leave the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. xxSparkyxx

I know right. Why would they get this hate for most of the stuff they didn't do? The only thing that they could get a little mad at are the bugs affecting the gameplay, but that is still not their fault. Why get mad then? If you notice the have a ton of discussions about this stuff that is unscheduled for when it will happen. And then they have and I think finished Operation Make A Better Game that would fix most of the bugs and SOE membership stuff. If you get mad and get a reply at least say thanks. ;)
  19. MasterMagnus

Reposting this as it got one less like (on page 39) than the initial SOE post did.

And it contains my suggestion which seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

my suggestion: Do not give ANY SC per month. Yes that's right 0 SC grant.
    Don't de-value your currency by giving it away for free.

Make all SC purchased with real dollars and let the player speak with their wallet. Allow the players to buy player made items if they want, not 'throw away value' on a coupon with a value 'up to' xSC.

@Luperza I didn't mean to miss you in my initial post, as it's obvious you've been doing hard duty all weekend also.

• Up x 2
  20. Joel Smith

Has this been posted yet? I am not sure lol
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.