Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simplicious

Well, I won't buy any membership now. And I was just planning to get it again this year...
    Thanks for making it easy to justify not getting it, SOE.
    • Up x 8
  2. Shinrah

Remove the "exclusions" and it actually could be called additional value. Currently it´s just a thinly veiled way of preventing members to buy new/playerstudio vanity items without spending extra money on SC.

I bought most of the good SOE camos in the past, same with any other good vanity items like armorplating for the Mag. All thats left for me to buy is stuff that comes in through the playerstudio. Guess it wasn´t enough that I spent several 100€ over the last year on this game. :eek:
    • Up x 6
  3. Odin

That sucks, I own every possible weapon and upgrade in the game and am br100 so this is useless to me since we haven't had any new weapons or things to buy for a long time. Guess I will unsubscribe , not smart Sony.
    • Up x 5
  4. Hyugafe

Oh god no, no no no, my premium membership got ruined. I don't see additional value at all?

Smells like there is something else behind this, some people want to keep it hidden by saying additional value as obviously its a lie..
    • Up x 7
  5. M45K

+1, I would really, really like to know how you can get out of this contract. I didnt buy membership for this and dont want to support these new conditions.
    • Up x 3
  6. Naskoni

Yeah, I don't like this one bit. If ever had any intentions of getting subscribed again I most certainly don't have any anymore...
    • Up x 5
  7. Diodeone

Whatever person came up with this marketing idea probably also came up with the name of the product below
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  8. Catfart

For me, this is a significant reduction in the value of the Premium Membership. If this goes ahead I will not be renewing my subscription.
    • Up x 4
  9. Puppy

That kinda sucks... If I were I member and only wanted items less then 500 SC then this is a downgrade. I think if you got as many items as you can until it added up to 2000 SC then that might make sense... This also limits you to just this game. Probably purposely... But, the deal is a downgrade... Unfair.
    • Up x 3
  10. AnotherNoob

Good thing I didn't renew my 6 month membership yet, canceled because of this change... Very low value now...
    • Up x 3
  11. Puppy

Perfect.
    • Up x 8
  12. Cafric

Hey SOE you are so restrictive, why not having set the monthly SC value to 10'000 SC, make it impressive, 10k wow, 20x the 500 sc we get "normally", the donkey's that seemingly are your paying customers will jump to the offer. Ho wait, forgot can't spend the 2000sc offer anyway since there is NOTHING of value in the shop that we would be able to spend the money on << Bundles >>

SOE, I feel offended.

I feel offended because you try to sell me this as a fantastic improvement for my membership, that mean you think I have a low IQ, and I feel offended because you are actually paying the salary of people(s) who came with this idea, and part of if is paid with my subscription.
    • Up x 8
  13. Haya jii san

Exactly that !

Annoyed by this change, as i could see some points in the change but the whole money grab is kinda of infuriating on its own.
    500 SC / month would mean more items in the long run when compared to the new suggested change.
    • Up x 2
  14. Raap

I'll be that guy, but I'll say it.

None of this bothers me, since subscriptions are still credit-card only. In my country, credit-cards are not very common and often difficult to come by. So take a proper next step into the new year SOE and get on with times, and start including PayPal subscription services.

Maybe then people like myself can also join in on the whining that is happening in this thread, as currently we have nothing to whine about. This second class customer demands something to whine about!
  15. Wellknown

Maybe make a 2000sc 1 month 50% XP bonus & Resource gain boost. to go with the one members get.
  16. bwjinxing

its a cash grab.

in your 15$ sub, you were getting 5$ in retail value back that you could use whenever. Now, you get one item a month that doesn't roll over, with a limited selection to choose from, that ensures less money leaves Sony.

Frankly, IT COST NOTHING, to give away an item made by PS2 Devs.

A sub is now worth 7-10$ frankly, if you lower the price to reflect that then maybe you could persuade me change my mind.

But in my opinion, you essentially devalued the subscription fee but aren't going to lower the price. Its not worth the cost at 15$.
    • Up x 5
  17. KI-Natas

The new Membership may work if the Player Studio isn't excluded and the EU Players have the access to the Player Studio too.

2000 SC is more than 500 SC and you don't need to collect it from Month to Month.
    Since yet you need to wait 4 Months to get 2000 SC Item, later you can take the 2000 SC Item each month.

The only problem you may have, if have just received your item and SOE releases a new item you have to wait up to one month to get it.
  18. Azarga

This, this so much!

The way SOE puts this is just plain insulting.
    I can understand when they have to change things to make more profits/cut the expenses.
    But the insulting way it was done I do not accept. Treating subscribers like they are idiots is not pretty.

The way it should have been done is something along the lines.
    - Hi, Azarga, this is Smed.
    - O hi, Smed, howdy?
    - Actually I was just about that. See, with all this Player Studio stuff coming in where we have to share our profits with the author, we really cannot keep you subscription bonuses the way they are. I know it sucks, but this is how it is: we'll have to change Membership bonuses to: [s**t changes]. Yeah, it's not as good as before, but otherwise we'll have to fire Higby and TRay. And Andrew.
    - Man, firing them would really suck. No other way then, huh?
    - Sadly, no other way. But we appreciate your support, so we'll leave your subscription the way it is untill it expires. After that it is up to you to renew Membership under new conditions or not.
    - K Smed, thx for letting me know. I think I'll keep supporting the game. <3

At least that would be honest, and being honest with a customer, while difficult, wins a lot of respect in my eyes.
    • Up x 8
  19. Sprintfox

+$20 to spend per month AS A ONE TIME USE TOKEN

You just forgot to add this.
    It's not 2000SC you can spend on whatever you want, like for two different items.

IT'S JUST FOR ONE! :)
    • Up x 4
  20. faykid

can someone explain this wording to me?

does it mean it will be possible to buy bundles and player studio items, or it won't?

it sounds vague, can anyone tell me?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.