So NC is the OP 4th faction now that everyone likes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JasonVoorhees, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Phyr

Assuming this is a real question, "fourth factioning" is playing whatever faction is currently "winning", be it alert, population, or perceived "op" status.
    • Up x 1
  2. Urban_Scorp

I like the NC guns better, tend to perform better with them. They are simply more my style.

Alas, I remain in my terribly named VS outfit with less than optimum weaponry. Will not some gallant NC knight rescue me from this purple nightmare?
  3. Ganelon

I bet it's the highly armoured supertank with superb damage output and the ability to become invincible for 8 seconds without any drawback.
  4. Tylerso12

Oh okay thanks.
  5. Aegie

IMO, the drawback is tending to earn far fewer certs than the other MBTs (a la being relatively bad against infantry- the most numerous threat and largest source of XP).
  6. xThundergodx

Oh but there is a draw back that everybody crying about the shield always forgets to mention: EVEN WITH THE SHIELD IT IS THE LOWEST SCORING TANK AND WITHOUT IT IS UTTER GARBAGE. Vanguard sucks against infantry but is a monster against armor in close-medium combat, now i dont know about all the kids crying rivers about it being OP but i tend to have to deal with infantry far more often than tanks and even on tank against tank fights there is usually infantry support on both sides.People seem to live on this fantasy that all tank engagments are 1 on 1 with full health + shield on on close/medium range and nobody misses, reality aint like that.

The Vanguard right now is a trade off you rule in AV and suck in AI, the thing is the later is far more common and the number 1 cause of tank kills. The shield aint getting nerfed no matter how much people whine unless the vanguard get buffs to fix the areas it is bad in, the dream world where most people live in that the shield will be bashed and nothing else will be done does not exist.
  7. FinWiz

It is the lowest scoring tank only because it's lowest scoring in killing inf. Low reload means automaticly that it's slower at killing infantry, thus the slowest score. Add on top of that the fact that many Vanny drives use AP rounds, it's no wonder that it gets the worst score. But think about this, direct hit kills infantry instantly, that's the same for all tanks. Blast dmg is pretty useless, in case you didn't know, so when targeting infantry, you are always trying to get direct hit, no matter what tank you are driving. So, is Vanny bad tank because it's slower at killing inf? No, it's amazing tank and paired with good aim, enemy infantry will have some really hard time. Even without the shield it can still take two shot more than other tanks.
  8. Larolyn

Not invincibility. Get it right. It absorbs 3000 damage for a duration of 8 seconds or as long as the shield lasts. The damage it takes is affected directionally so a couple of decis to the rear of the tank in quick succession wiill melt the shield before the full 8 seconds have been utilised. If you get out of position with a Vanguard, pop shield and find yourself in a bad position, there is no escapre. No retreat. The Prowler with its speedy chassi and the Maggy with Magburn both have the option to escape. Having the lowest accelerating tank with a do or die special ability sure feels op in a 1v1 situation. But this game is so much bigger than 1v1. A lot bigger. So while the Vanguard will dominate a 1v1 tank battle, it will lose to better postioning and lack of escape options if everything goes **** up.

But of course, any dedicated tanker understands the strengths and weaknesses of their enemies and as such, me explaining to you that shield absorbs 3000 damage for upto 8 seconds affected by directional damage is common knowledge to you. Also the Vanguard being unable to escape if it all goes wrong due to abysmall acceleration and terrible turning speed is also common knowledge. And the Vanguard being the lowest scoring tank of all 3 MBTs due to its absolutely terrible AI capabilities should also be common knowledge to you.
    • Up x 2
  9. HellionX

[IMG]
  10. Gundem

Even though you pull the "Vanguard scores the lowest" card, I still agree somewhat. I don't want the Sheild nerfed, I want the Magrider buffed so it has a chance to deal with enemy MBT's better. Prowler is fine, Anchor at 400 meters away,
    firefirereloadfirefirereloadfirefirereloadfirefirereload get rekt get certs. Mag needs either a way faster reload speed, or a higher AP resist level to even out its chances at a head-on engagement. I've always thought it would be cool to give the Mag's FPC lower damage, but cause some of the damage to directly damage HP. Then, give the VPC weaker splash, but DoT AOE Plasma residue that causes burning effects. That really fits the VS theme of "Technology".
  11. EliteEskimo

Oh Stallone's dissapointment and displeasure is aimed solely at the developers and their failure to balance things right. I'm glad I can have some NC support on this.:D

I'm almost certain I saw another stat sheet showing that the Vulcan on the Harasser was super over performing and the Vulcan on the MBT was underperforming in terms of KPU, KDR, and likely various other measures. I know there are some spreadsheets out there, if one could be found for the MBT I bet we could shed some light on the situation. After the developers failed to balance the ZOE Max until several balances later, failed to balance the AV turret through rendering (Btw its render range is still malfunctioning at the AV turret's maximum range, and this all could be solved by reducing the range of the turret to 300 meters.) Is it really fair that MBT's have to hit a single pixel in the distance that can respawn unlimited times, and have unlimited ammo while being laser guided? In my opinion, no.

They nerfed the Prower's Anchormode so it couldn't shoot down aircraft and engage things at long range. What's funny about this is that you can still take down liberators and Galaxy's relatively easy as AP/AP and engage armor far away. They literally just made the ability more mediocre and situational than it already is. In the beginning Anchormode had no projectile speed increase and it was such garbage that barely anyone used it. They added projectile velocity to make it very situational, but good from long range where being a sitting duck is less likely to get you killed right off the bat. Apparently they forgot about it, and are reverting the changes.

After playing a Prowler 334 hours I can say that using Anchormode is normally at short range a death sentence waiting to happen, at medium range is suicidal, and past medium range is risky but if you clear your surroundings and know that you won't get rocketpodded or flanked it can be very nice. Being locked down is what makes it so situational and risky, plus if things go bad it takes a few seconds for you to even undeploy and then you have to start trying to get away after taking significant damage. Taking away the projectile velocity means you're taking away its utility at the ranges where it is the most safe to use.

So in short I don't think the developers know how to balance things consistently, and they have proven my opinion right on many occasions. I think they got their numbers fudged on the MBT version of the Vulcan, and as someone who has used the Prowler version of the Vulcan and is among over a dozen tankers who have used the Vulcan but prefer the Halberd I can say that there should be absolutely no way the Vulcan on the Prowler is outperforming the Halberd and other ES AV weapons. It didn't need a nerf, and no one was complaining on the forums about the Vulcan on the Prowler at all. From what I can remember all the threads were about Vulcan Harassers, and I strongly believe the Vulcan on the MBT got caught in the crossfire. You don't have to trust me, but I'll rely on my 300+ hours and experience with tanks and their AV secondaries to say that the Vulcan on the Prowler was in need of a small buff and certainly not a nerf.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ganelon

Not anymore...
  13. Gundem

Still can, but now it requires more leading/aiming.

Velocity at max rank is still 30% higher, still giving your AP the highest velocity at 325 meters per second(?). Now sure, you can't aim for center mass at 400 meters away, but its not impossible.
  14. Mhak

Yeah... since beta. That's only a little over a year experience after all.

Whatever, I'll take your word for it. I'm not here to argue with you man, I experienced the wrong end of a vulcan one too many times to think they're an ineffective weapon. At very long range, sure, because of bloom they won't out DPS a halberd.

Medium range or less they're a high-DPS beast that tears **** up. It's a fact.
  15. HellionX

Really ... could have fooled me. This profile says you joined Oct 26 2013. So one of 2 things here.

1.) You're new but in less than 2 months you know it all and are very chatty or
    2.) you are to scared to post with your original account because you are trolling.

So which is it?

Either way you are 100% wrong. Totally biased, misinformed, opinionated and foolish.
  16. Necron

Not OP, just more balanced compared to the other two factions. ROF doesn't trump all now. And hard hitting weapons can actually kill quickly now and accuracy and ADS are rewarded while hip-fire is punished(as it should be). The changes just play to the NC strengths instead of away from them.
  17. Mhak

Edit - I'm talking to him in game but he just won't respond. I'm sure he's just super busy. It's all good buddy, no hard feelings. I still think you should let me shoot you with my tank though, just once. Those were some pretty harsh words there, I felt right injured. ;)
  18. HellionX

So you didn't answer the question. which is it?

Secondly. Not sure who your talking too. I have not been on today for longer than 30 seconds. Just checked the sale and that's it.
  19. KingArthur

ಠ_ಠ
    As someone who mains TR, this pop hurts[IMG]
  20. Mhak

You're seeing when I joined the forums, not when I made a game account. I think... Not sure why it says member since Oct. of this year to be honest, although that was about when I first started posting. Opened a ticket asking about it since you pointed it out. Whenever you want to stare down my sexy VG that has a beta decal on it so you can know I've been here since before day 1 release, let me know. I won't shoot you, but the second I see you taking out your C4, I'm going to run you over.

Not sure where all this vitriol is of yours is coming from, I never insulted you but you seem to have it in for me. Apparently my opinions offend you so much that you like to throw around words like misinformed and foolish. You take opinions on the internet pretty seriously it seems.