Who needs ZOE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ViXeN, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ViXeN

I had a lot of people tell me that I wouldn't be able to keep up the same level of play after the ZOE nerf, ignoring the fact that I played on the same level BEFORE ZOE even came along. So last night I logged in and played for a while with just Charge on my ZOE and well.......

[IMG]

I hate to say "I told you so" but.... Oh who am I kidding, I enjoy saying it. ;) Like I said before, this is what separates good players from the rest. We adapt to any situation and succeed. :D Nerf every weapon I have and i'll still be good. You can be too if you actually put the effort into it instead of relying on the devs to nerf everything on the other two factions. This isn't just a matter of "getting good" it about actually freaking TRYING to improve. Gamers now want everything to be easy for them because the idea of actually putting some effort into a game seems to bother them. I don't know if its laziness or just absolutely no self-confidence at all.

Oh and its not just me that continues playing well. Last night VS dominated TR in a few battles I was involved in during an alert. We just can't be stopped. :eek:

I'm also uploading some video. I'll link it when it is finished.
    • Up x 5
  2. Mootar

Killstreaks in a skillsuit where you farmed tons of squishies with engi-medic support.

I can't wait to watch that video, should be quite a spectacle of l33t skills.
    I'm brimming over in anticipation, you should start charging for online training sessions.
    • Up x 21
  3. Epic High Five

That's literally all MAXes right now. I average probably 12kdr in my slug Grinder MAX and I generally run auto-repair (because downtime is for CHUMPS who need to stop killing)

Try as I might, I can't will my bursters to have boosted damage, or walk backwards faster than an LA can jet forward no matter how much I focus my Leet Gaming Mojo.

The real problem with ZOE was that it was too easy. Instant on, instant off, lasted forever. Made bad players good and good players unstoppable. It was a crutch that needed kicking.
    • Up x 9
  4. Flapatax

The main reason to nerf ZOE was to remove the TR and NC excuse for failure.

But yea, a good KD with a MAX suit regardless of faction isn't all that incredible. They are supposed to be force multipliers.
    • Up x 1
  5. ViXeN

I can do the same thing with HA. :rolleyes: See, you're making the same mistake those other people made. Making assumptions about what I can and can't do. I've been proving people wrong every since I first started gaming but I still do enjoy it. :D The reason why I can do these things has nothing to do with the weapons I use, its about my ability to adapt. But that seems to go right over people's heads. They just don't seem to grasp the idea that the weapons you use or the weapons your enemies use don't really mean anything. Its all about YOU.
  6. janeTEXAS

you died 18 times with a Max?
    • Up x 4
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

Nice score/hour: were you hiding behind a spawnshield the entire time?
    • Up x 8
  8. IamDH

ZOE needed adjustment and got it. I'm not sure what your killstreak is supposed to prove
    • Up x 3
  9. Philipsz

All the ZOE whiners will now have to face something a lot worse than VS Maxes with ZOE: VS Maxes without ZOE. People who used ZOE in a battle (and not only to get to the battle or away from it) voluntarily debuffed their Maxes. Hopefully we will now see fewer people doing that.
  10. Ronin Oni

ZOE does none of those things now. NONE of them. It gets a little bit of strafe mobility (less than before, so easier to hit than before... which wasn't that hard really) while still having a heavy armor penalty. It sprints the same speed as any other MAX so it doesn't let you flank faster save the 1.5 second faster to max sprint speed bonus and is slower than infantry in all regards (just a lil faster than stock MAX)

There is literally no reason to ZOE over Charge now. Charge is hands down the better mobility ability. Meanwhile TR and NC still have a usable ability that, if still definitely situational, at least offers another capability other than charge.

I don't expect to see any ZOE MAXes now... it has nothing to do with not being OP (ermerghard, VS only use something if it's OP!!!) it has everything to do with it being inferior in every single way to Charge (What's next... nerf charge? :D I think it needs a longer cooldown, less charge distance, and lower max speed... that'll balance it.)
  11. ViXeN

No, it wasn't all MAX. I started out with HA and then switched over due the fact that we were horribly outnumbered by TR.
  12. ViXeN

It proves that good players weren't good because of ZOE.

No, I was busy chasing TR off the airpad and then eventually chasing them out of one of the mini-bases to end the battle.
  13. whiteshadow2000

• Explains why over 50% of your kills are all with the Orion. ;)

I'm not questioning your ability, you're obviously a good player but your argument would have more credibility if you were a player who actually had used a diverse number of weapons, which would demonstrate your own belief that it's not the weapon that matters but your ability.

When you pretty much exclusively use one weapon on the strongest infantry class, probably with a resist shield on it doesn't really back up your point.

Ability, situational awareness and quick thinking make a huge difference to how well people do but a useless weapon, even in good hands will still perform badly.
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Behold, a player skilled enough to manage a whopping 11,000 score/hour in a biolab defense with a MAX suit! We all bow before your obvious supremacy!
    • Up x 4
  15. ViXeN

Exactly. Now they get to face a Vanu Queen with a MAX that is even harder to kill. :D Be careful what you wish for people. LOL Once I get used to playing with Charge instead of ZOE, things are going to get scary for the TR and NC on Waterson. :eek:

Because it fits my style of play. I'm a rusher so I chose a good cqc weapon. Shotguns would probably be a better cqc weapon but I feel they are too cheap so I stick with the Orion. Do you expect me to rush around with a sniper rifle or something? LOL

I'll tell you what. Just to prove a point again, I'll let you guys pick out a HA (again, I'm a rusher) weapon for me to use and I will use it for the next week. My stats won't decrease at all. They will continue getting better.
    • Up x 2
  16. IamDH

Odd statement. Good players werent good because of ZOE
    Okay you might disagree with me but unless it gave you an advantage you wouldn't use it
  17. Mootar

Please teach me more oh wise sage, i'm sure you are the bestest, most awesomest player in the world, you keep breaking down those boundaries and showing all those nasty men and doubters the error of their ways, you are a truly special snowflake, nobody can hold you back.

You're correct, your performance has absolutely nothing to do with you rolling around in a noobsuit with a pocket engi, you could do exactly the same thing as a solo cloaker with a Beamer because you can adapt, it's all about you and your unique ability to affect the universe through the power of positive thinking. You go girl!

Maybe if your MAX training session takes off Sensei, you could do a more advanced follow up like "Drinking a glass of water 101" or "How To Tie your shoelaces - The Vixen story".

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  18. SniperCzar

Two hour session
    Facilities captured - 2
    Facilities defended - 0

Yet another farm/zerg outfit. Move along.
    • Up x 7
  19. BITES

Trying to validate their previous absolutely flawed argument regarding ZOE ... basically trying to save face but that train left the station ages ago when Higby said it was broken and they couldn't do anything till after OMFG...

Enough with the man behind the curtain BS ... .. we see him .. the jigs up.
    • Up x 3
  20. ViXeN

I don't care about my score, I care about winning and killing as many TR and NC as I can. And I'm pretty sure I do that better than you. Since we're talking about stats, that's a nice KDR for a rank 100 player. :rolleyes: I remember when I was that bad way back when I was around rank 15. :eek: