Server Downtime for PU02 December 17, 2013 9:30 AM PT (6:30 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Xhaleon

• Base turret buff
    • Up x 1
  2. Gleerok

"
    • Nanoweave no longer stacks with the Heavy Assault’s Resist Shield ability. This was not intentional and it was granting the Heavy Assault too much survivability when compared to all other classes"

I really like the changes, can't wait to try them out for real on live. But this one... now, whats the point of resist shield anyways? This means I'll have the SAME defense with or WITHOUT resist shield while having Nanoweave equipped ?
    Then its useless.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ketadine

Really ? Max damage range on the Vulcan reduced to 10m ? Isn't this extreme ? Come on, 95% nerf on the range it's too much considering the spin up time and the recent increase in CoF and CoF recoil. This means that most of the times it will do minimum damage, if it is ever chosen ...
  4. Kociboss

Sooo...Where is the patch? ;p
  5. TKBoom

I was thinking this, too. The main reason people took Resist Shield was because it worked so well with Nanoweave. If it wasn't supposed to, why did it take so long to "fix" it? They had to know that's why so many people took that combination, so a cert refund for Resist Shield would have been nice too.
  6. Lexstock

Still, I certed in to them for the stats they delivered. It was the only thing the Prowler was good at. If they cut it 50% of what it originally was, I want my certs back so I can invest them in to something else, as Anchor Mode won't be the same. I don't think that's a too unfair of a request really.
    • Up x 4
  7. aceoyame

That combination was almost class defining and to be expected. I would EXPECT a heavy to take a lot more damage and use bigger guns. The downside compared to light assault is that they cannot move around as easily on the battlefield. They did not even need to touch the resist shield.

As a VS who played Heavy with that combo and for my MAX used ZOE this patch was a giant middle finger to me from SOE.
  8. jiggu

So how I understand it:
    Now we have three different types of sales per day
    Category sales 50% off(like shotguns)
    Daily sale of one item at 99SC
    Daily Membership sale 1SC

So what if the blackjack is on sale first because shotgun, I buy it for 350SC, the next day it's at 99SC because daily sale, the next day it's at 1SC as membership sale. How do we know when we can buy stuff?
  9. Xhaleon

I would agree with that. They really need to have it as a strict policy to refund certs for any ability they change.

You don't.

This Christmas
    Planetside 2
    Gambles Hard
    • Up x 2
  10. Huishe

Yeah, and your point is?

I liked the explanation that SOE thinks that saron fires grenades that explode later. They're drunk too, i guess.
  11. sladuog

lol idk :eek: higby wake up pls

Kobalt was always really strong in groups, this will change its role from all-round anti-everything to close-range anti-everything.

Snipers will be more annoying, since there's no way to resist a headshot with nanoweave any more, and flak has been buffed in comparison to nanoweave, so more people will use it, and there will be more snipers as a result. Enjoy trying to get anywhere near an NC base.

Not sure about the flak armour resisting direct hits from tanks. We might see that changed. HA with resist+flak stacking was changed because of that.

The damage has been changed because of the resists. It has the same TTK as before, meaning that after the resist changes, it does the same effective damage. The harasser one has been made less powerful.
  12. NVCoveringFire

While i dont particularly agree with some of the changes being made here, theres a couple in particular that i'm either misunderstanding, or totally disagree with.

Anchored mode - I'd heard it was getting a nerf, but didnt expect it to get utterly decimated. Surely if the projectile speed was allowing aircraft hits, it would have been better to introduce a faster drop-off in velocity when rounds are fired upwards? I dont really understand how reducing a the Prowlers effectiveness against the goddamned Vanguard/Enforcer combo is the solution to shooting down aircraft.
    In a straight up fight at close/mid range, AP vanguards with high level shield and the enforcer are terrifyingly powerful. The best option is to park at range, deploy and use the increased velocity and reduction in drop to hit the vanguards more reliably, which is still a difficult challenge when the vanguard can deal out so much damage so quickly. Reducing the velocity/increasing drop is going to mean that for more reliable engagement the prowler needs to be closer.

Dalton - I get that its supposed to be a powerful anti-tank weapon, but when a liberator can fly behind enemy lines picking off tanks while being completely immune to damage from its target (does anyone use the pointless AA guns on their tank?) does it really need a boost in damage?

Also disappointed to see some of the changes made to the harasser. I do agree that it was far too powerful before (As a harasser user) but i think the combined changes will add up to too much of a nerf. Also disappointed that theres no mention of being able to damage people with the wheels. When i drive through a crowd of people standing around at a sunderer having an AA (Auraxiums anonymous) meeting, i dont expect people to clip through the wheels, or the hull for that matter.

Having sunk a lot of time (and money) into the game, its disappointing to see everything i hold dearest nerfed in some ill-fated attempt to balance the game, while leaving other issues people have largely ignored. Also frustrating to see that people have spent so many certs (or SC) on utilities and weapons that they now wont want, and wont be getting the costs back.
    • Up x 4
  13. Lexstock

It's funny how everyone always forgets that the Prowler armor is made out of paper.. Yes the Anchored AP does a lot of damage, but ever considered how much Certs you put in to them to get both AP and and Anchor mode to max level? With this nerf those certs are basically wasted. A vanguard takes us down in what? 3 shots? Max 4? Or how OP infantry is compared to tanks in this game. Players get good with a certain weapon in this game, eg. The AP prowler, and suddenly it's OP. It's always the same thing in this game, something gets overused or people get good at it, and everyone starts crying the nerfing bat.
    • Up x 2
  14. antiheld84

Stop trying to make C85 Canister(-H) happen Higby, it's not going to happen.

And please take a look at the Jackhammer, its a good shotgun, but sucks balls in compare with the lasher or chaingun. And give it 100% more ammo with the extended magazine, jesus (like the TR and VS ones), not 33%.
  15. acksbox

Yes! ~5000 free certs!

However, my MAXfiltration abilities might take a hit.

You get a full refund, just don't re-buy ZOE.
  16. Dark Pulse

From a reply somewhere, they've said that whatever items are on 99/1SC sales will be on those before they become 50% off, assuming they're the part of a group that'll be 50% off.
    • Up x 1
  17. GlowingPotato

Is the patch UP already ?
  18. Drahzar

Where is the update?.... 1pm CET is over for 2 hours now...
  19. Bindlestiff

Changed for infantry only, or armour? As I was informed the other day, the splash doesn't affect armour so isn't this a nerf for the Saron (MBT version) vs armour? Losing 141 damage per shot (846 per reload) is massive.
  20. ZenzotuskeN

Stop accommodating for noobs that come to forumside to have a good long cry about whatever is killing them, each empire has their own specific advantages/disadvantages and was perfectly fine, each weapon should be multi-functional, stop trying to make it so each weapon only does only one purpose and completely utterly useless at other purposes they were already distinct enough before this overhaul of Nerf, this path your taking with the game doesn't suit everyone and your gonna drive certain players away from making too many absurd changes without enough reason.
    • Up x 4