[Suggestion] Outpost Spawn Design (based on existing building)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Figment, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Daedrick

Bump, I will prebably consolidate your topic figment if you dont do it, please keep these pictures saved on imageshack.
  2. Figment

lol. The images are pretty safe. ;)

The devs may not have answered here, but I'm 100% certain the topic has been read by a couple of world designers at least.

There should be an update on the tunnels they've been working on soon. Nice to know they can cut into the actual terrain now though.
  3. Daedrick

Funny thing is they could have went a much easier path if they simply redesigned current buildings and infrastructure. I dont have much hope for the tunnels personnally. The only way it wont be a total failure is if the tunnels are very large and have cover all over the place.
  4. Daedrick

figment, have you heard about the new contest? Metagame concept and a meeting with the developers. Got to be the most up voted on reddit(yeah I know). Anyway, I was wondering if you had any plans for it, if not I would like you to help me with developing a metagame since your ideas for building are really great.

Anyway, you can see my topic about logistics in my profile, send me a message if you are interressed, I know I will send you one if I dont hear about you today.

We have until the 24, thats a really short deal line.
  5. Figment

It's the first Community-Dev thing I believe.

However, I've got relatively short lines with the devs I'm interested in talking to, so I'm not too fuzzed about it. If they don't read it in my spam, then I'm not sure they'd listen to it there.

Besides, reddit? :/ People upvote random killstreak videos by the hundreds there so I'm not sure that's really the ideal platform to work from...
  6. Daedrick

I know, Im not a fan of them either, using twitter in the first place, that SMS aberation, is a pretty stupid idea when you have an official website. Also, they could have use the forum and instead of up votes it could have been support posts. Anyway, its their rules I will attempt something and ask you what you think before posting it, will see how it goes.
    • Up x 1
  7. UberBonisseur

Actually, you often get more constructive feedback on reddit, it's just very basic compared to the tools we have on this forum (aside from the 30 minute edit restriction)
  8. Daedrick

New walls from higby on his twitter.

[IMG]
  9. Figment

Now just to plug the hole with a ballustrade. :)
    • Up x 2
  10. CDN_Wolvie

They show off some new spawn designs in this video, at about ~8:50.

http://de.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/358314671

Its a step in the right direction anyways, I still see a lot of the same problems are going to surface unfortunately but it does give spawners more options at least.
  11. Figment

Looks like we're starting to get somewhere, the tower is being improved a bit:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  12. Takoita

Is that bastion tower?
  13. CDN_Wolvie

Check out the inclusion of shields and awnings in the last after ... that's definitely an improvement. I hope that means the towers are getting a SCU and Shield Gen as well :)
  14. Takoita

Necro bump. While I can't say there was absolutely no progress on the issue, I still think that this thread is relevant.
    • Up x 1
  15. Timithos

Clegg, the art support already churned out Spawn Room C on Freyr Amp Station on the test server. It's a sunken spawn room, with 5 tunnel exits plus roof exit. It should be installed in every small outpost on Auraxus. Just make the tunnels exits 50+ meters aparts and deposit defenders 50%+ closer to capture points, generators, and vehicle terminals.
  16. Timithos

Just hire this guy onto the SOE dev team, and everything will be fixed!
  17. Timithos

We already have some art. Spawn Room C in Freyr Amp Station on the test server. It is sunken into the ground, has 5 tunnel exits plus a roof exit. It should be installed into every small outpost on Auraxus. Done.
  18. UberBonisseur

We'll talk about it again when it's camped by a Fury harasser.

You do NOT want to take inspiration from PTS Freyr.
    Once the novelty wears off you'll regret the old AMP station
  19. Ash87

So it has been said since this post was made, that making bases underground is something that can't really be done, and still look well. That is all well and good on it's own.

That said, The ideas that people are pushing aren't as much about subterranean bases, as it is bases that are designed to be largely interior structures that actually look like a base. Base design has gone leaps and bounds in this direction, but the OPs points are still very much relevant.

We now know that another structure or two is being introduced for the design team to use in bases. Has any thought been put into C&C rooms then? This is something that the community has asked for a million times now, surely this is something that the devs are aware of, and this post had a Really good idea at it's beginning as to how the spawns, the C&C, good base defenses, and a load of other things could be handled.

By adding maybe 1 new type of structure you could easily implement what is shown in the first post. You don't even really -have- to make a new structure. By adding in some beams and supports you could easily convert a few of the existing buildings into a really nice little base with full C&C and everything.
    • Up x 2
  20. Timithos

I know. That spawn room on PTS Freyr is the ONLY inspiration existing. Everything else is a pro-attacker steamrollfest.
    • Up x 2