[ZOE MAX] Something that the nerf of ZOE will remind us.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, Dec 11, 2013.

1. NeverWas

ZOE has made us VS forgotten how durable MAXes once were.

If you think ZOE is frightening now, wait til you see every other VS MAX with full level of kinetic armor / flak armor after patch. And you will regret making the nerf call on ZOE.

The Crab God will Rise Once Again.

and this time, none shall stop us.
    • Up x 2
  2. Flapatax

What does ZOE have to do with the armor slot?
    • Up x 7
  3. Lewk

no 30% increased dmg. Thus the VS max will be durable AND still ripping faces, just with a little less movement speed :D
    • Up x 1
  4. NeverWas

by nerfing ZOE, it's an indirect buff to VS MAX armor by 30~35%, and alot people runs auto repair on ZOE because we have the option to run somewhere safe. now without ZOE alot VS MAXes will return to charge or ammo canister, which indirectly increase the survivability of vs maxes.
  5. Squibo

But there is one they fear.. In their tongue, he is 'ZOEvakin', AV/CONCUSS GRENADE + JACKHAMMER + DECIMATOR × C4 BORN

FUS RO D-*Drowned out by the sounds of 5 concussion grenades followed by 4 3-Round headshot hitmarker noises*
    • Up x 5
  6. Aegie

Higby has already said that even in the heyday of NC MAX the VS MAX was the best performing in several respects- VS just did not pull them very often. So yeah, the indirect effect of ZOE being ridiculous for so long is that it got a lot of VS to put certs into MAXs so we will probably see more of them than before (and they will probably still be the best performing in those same areas).
  7. Zazulio

Ye, the VS MAXes are pretty boss even without ZOE. It was definitely the most versatile of the three, and I think the new ZOE will be a lot more fair and appropriate.
  8. -MJ12-

I agree. The Nerf-QQ will remain, it will just change from "Nerf ZOE" to "Nerf VS-Max".

Mark my words.
    • Up x 8
  9. AccelPrime

All factions can use flak & kinetic, it's not VS specific lol...
    On that note, I never used ZOE, charge has always been superior :p!
  10. CrashB111

Which is still much less survivability than ZOE gave.

The ability to strafe dodge constantly moving faster than Infantry can strafe and firing at the same time gave the ZOE waaaaaay more survivability than the 30% armor debuff took off. Especially since it meant it was easy as **** to dodge Decimators with ZOE active.
    • Up x 6
  11. Tommyp2006

Ya, but now I can hit them with rockets as reliably from long range as I can hit NC maxes. And it'll be easier to C4 you.
    • Up x 2
  12. f0d

max charge and full flak armor for my max now
    i dont have to worry about rockets/c4 as much and i can still chase infantry down with charge and if i see more than i can handle i can make a quick getaway still with charge

people will now just complain about charge now imo
    • Up x 1
  13. NeverWas

if you cant hit them with c4 / rocket before, you cant hit them now.
    • Up x 1
  14. Odin

Yup you guys will be better, easier (a lot) to c4, shoot with rockets and catch or run from too. Yayy balance
  15. Tommyp2006

keep thinking that, the movement speed WAS the buff of ZOE, it's what made it deadly.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scudmungus

[IMG]

GO CRAB GOD GO! <3
  17. Kaon1311

So you will charge after the infantry, then when you realise your mistake of running into a room of heavies you think you can just charge back out? Good luck with that, charge has something called a cooldown, Zoe did not......

• Up x 3
  18. Mhak

I think the hoards of TR and NC rushing to the pools of VS tears with their straws out will prove you wrong on patch day, OP.
    • Up x 2
  19. RX530SS

I already have my QQ forum post all written out. I'm just waiting for the ZOE nerf to post it.
  20. f0d

if i ran into a room full of heavys with zoe id be dead unless the heavys were silly enough to just try and run away
    the difference now would be that i have 30% more armor to try and survive the room

the heavys would have just the same chance with zoe as they would without it (maybe less of a chance since i would have 30% more armor)
    • Up x 2