OK, the harasser is way to hard kill.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Dec 8, 2013.

1. MaCritz

I'm not trying to fight any ground vehicles with my viper.. When I pull out my viper, I know exactly what I want to do... Farm infantries... But hey, if I'm unlucky enough to meet a harasser with a vulcan or halberd, then I can only do so much... I could do some damage, but you know the outcome..
  2. Liquid23

yes so unfair that a vehicle that cost exactly the same but requires twice the crew and is armed with a dedicated AV weapon can take you out in your 1 man vehicle armed with a default non-AV dedicated weapon on your way to farm infantry
    • Up x 2
  3. MaCritz

I don't expect to win.. But fighting a buggy, I don't expect to be decimated like an ant under a boot.. It's a buggy..
    • Up x 1
  4. Shuguard

appearances are deceiving. But you can win if you don't show rear and use AP.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liquid23

and this is a video game... ya know those thing where real life constraints don't really matter and single people can carry a rocket launcher in their *** while holding a LMG and magically run without squeezing their cheeks... the point is that Harasser not only cost the same and needs more people to use but also came to the party packing a more appropriate weapon for the enguagment... now again I'm not saying the things are perfectly balanced the way they are but by those facts alone it should have a nice size edge over you in that specific situation
  6. Brahma2

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but... if you're in a lightning... you're going to die without support. And if you're in an AP lightning... then you're dumb. At least be in a skyguard so you're useful.
  7. Paqu

Fair enough, you have a good point. I was thinking this bit too much of my own experience and from using fully certed out Magrider with AP/Saron.

Its tough for any new player to start using vehicles from zero as the certs makes big difference on their efficienty, whether its a ground or air unit. But still a Magrider with Heat/Ap + Saron/Halbert should be able to at least put enough hurt on the Harasser to make them flee. Experience + certs (racer chassis + magburner) increases the amount of actual kills.

A complete newb is not supposed to be able to win an experienced Harasser simply because he has MBT.

Iam not saying Harassers dont need a nerf, they sure do, but Iam worried they will be nerfed so hard that nobody wants to use them anymore.

I dont have much experience with Lightning against Vulcan Harassers, but I have had some fights against Halbert with AP cannon and its quite tough. You really cant afford to miss.

About your statement on C75 Viper I dont quite understand. Its not AV cannon so dont expect to win Harassers with it even after their nerf. I dont expect to win AP lightning or Harasser with a Magrider if I take HE cannon and Proton PPA.
  8. MaCritz

For as long as Harassers are given the ES weapons to play with, there can't be balance... Because tweaking and twerking stats will only make a weapon really, really good or really, really ****... Just like ZOE, no matter how you tweak and twerk it, it's gonna be really good or really bad.. The whole balancing act revolves around this one thing.

Now the same thing is gonna happen to the Vulcan.. The saron and enforcer are good weapons, but the Vulcan is on another level..

TBH, it's quite naive to expect 'balance' from this... Just how far do you think you could change the stats without affecting its empire specific attributes or messing with its effectiveness??

And if balancing amongst weapons is not bad enough, you have to consider whether it is balanced with the other vehicles... They have to markup the cost of the harasser just to justify the current unbalance among vehicles?? Pretty lazy stuff from the devs..

I think it would be much better if ES weapons are removed from harassers... Create new faction wide weapons for the Harasser..

Maybe you think my suggestion is gonna make the game bland.. Well, since this game is still in beta, it means it has room for more ES vehicles...

I don't think Harassers should be the only platforms for MBT-grade ES weapons..
  9. Liquid23

apparently you have never heard of asymmetrical balance and are one of those people who think everyone should be given reskinned versions of the same exact weapons... well good luck with that... lmao
  10. gloowa

Apparently you think that asymmetrical balance is "faction A vehicle X is better at everything then other faction(s)" rather then proper "faction A vehicle X is better at E, but faction B vehicle X is better at G"... well good luck with that... lmao
  11. Liquid23

It's amazing that you can make that assumption despite the fact I never even said anything remotely hinting at anything similar and have in fact expressed opinions that completely disagree with it
  12. Goretzu

To be honest after the last 6 months I'm not worried about that in the slightest.

However it would be difficult for them to do that, as Harrassers are currently still too powerful in 4 out of 4 catagories, so they can affored to lose 1 or 2 catagories and still be very decent.

The only way what you're worried about could happen is if they decided to nerf every weapon down to the levels of the AI and AV enforcers. o_O
  13. MaCritz

As far as I know, every vehicle in this game is not effective without support.. However, the same can't be said for the Harassers.. They can be completely independant as they can repair on-the-go, stopping every once in a while for ammos.. I find this a little absurd..

If you find this hard to believe, watch one of the videos I've posted.. Yes, they're bad tankers but they are in groups so clearly numbers don't really apply all the time.. You can't really blame them for having lack of situational awareness because in the end they did realize that the harasser is around but it's already too late.. They can't turn to aim fast enough as the harasser is running in circles around them, easily exposing their rear... Yeah, yeah.. L2P.. I know..

My point is, how can a buggy have such massive damage potential, together with such speed and agility? Can you imagine an ESF with a tankbuster?? That's my point, really..

So, in the end, AP lighnings are pretty obsolete.. Yeah, there may be some special individuals who use AP lightnings, but if so, is it because of the challenge or is it due of the killing efficiency?? Do you think the AP lightning can do what Rak did in the video??
  14. MaCritz

well, you also made an assumption about my stance on asymmetrical balance and what not..

FYI, I do support it.. It's just the case of a certain ES weapon being too good on a certain platform.. And they can't exist together..

But it can be kept for another new vehicle that is not already synergetic to its strength..
  15. Liquid23

or it could just be adjusted to be brought in line with the others... it's no where near impossible to do... doesn't matter how OP you think it is as SOE has shown they excel at butchering a weapons usefulness
  16. EmperorPenguin5

With the nerf coming across the board to the Harasser INCLUDING its turbo no longer able to fire unless FULLY charged, if it is fully emptied (on test server). Description on Live says composite is 8% now(it isn't but that seems to be their plan when they do make the change). AND THEN it nerfs all their weapons and range. If they don't scale down the resource cost to represent the new crap harasser's worth. Then plenty more good players quit the game. Did ya hear? Most of QRY's pilots quit.
  17. MaCritz

And why do you think any of this is happening to your precious Harasser?? It's because of the ES weapons.. They attempt to balance this mess around these cancerous weapons called ES weapons..

Like I said, it's a mistake pairing them both together.. Now the harasser is paying the price.. Boohoo..
  18. MaCritz

Oh well, I had a great time debating with you.. My suggestions are not perfect but it's all for the devs to see and analyse.. But I really doubt that they read any of this... Sigh... Signing off.. :)
  19. Goretzu

Asymmetrical balance can and cannot work depending on how you do it.

If you have Gun A that does X DPS with a high RoF and a low damage per bullet vs Gun B that does X DPS with a low RoF and a high damage per bullet at similar ranges, that can work.

However if you have Gun C that does X DPS vs Gun D that does 3X DPS at similar ranges......... that will just never work.

Although in the case of Harrassers it's not so much the Harrasser, it's that NC ES vehicle weapons are just plain pants comparatively.
  20. FocusLight

Get back to me with video evidence of anyone doing this and I will take your exaggerated BS seriously.

I run in Harassers on a steady basis as part of outfit tactics, like heading for the flanks of an entrenched enemy location and giving them something else to think about than all the TR in front of them, or circling around a huge tank-zerg to soften them up by killing anyone exposed on the flanks, and focusing fire on the Sunderers in the rear providing re-spawns, and unless I just really suck, effectively aiming for infantry with a Vulcan is seriously hard when moving, and still challenging when stationary. I can still kill a single infantry-man while on the move if he's out in the open, even someone in light cover if I get a good angle, but it usually takes time because of bad spray on the Vulcan - you can either spray and hope to hit, or quick-burst to get a few relatively accurate shots in. The first method is highly inaccurate and will eat your ammo even if you score a kill, the latter is more forgiving on ammo but takes far longer, and the target usually get's away by going deeper into cover. Because you know, most people are not stupid to hand out in the open when better cover is available.

The Vulcan is highly effective on tanks. This is intended. The rate of fire provides a steady stream of damage, and the bigger targets - especially MBT's and Sundies - are far easier to land hits on. If we know however that there are loads of infantry out there and not many - if any - tanks we pull Marauder Harassers. Why? Because your supposed "6-7 kills per magazine" is potentially possible with the Marauder. It depends greatly on how packed in the infantry is, how clear the line of fire is, and how many bumps are in the road the Harasser is driving combined with what speed you are going at. Usually though, a drive-by produces 1-3 kills per mag at most, due to the above factors. If you stand still and risk the concentrated small-arms fire and dumb-fires and such, you will usually kill more. A classic high-risk-high-reward scenario.

Finally for your information the effect of the Marauder can be emulated by a Fury Harasser. It's not quite as lethal damage-wise, but in my experience a Fury is easier to aim with due to a straighter arc of fire. In other words, just like the Striker, TR get's a weapon that is similar to an NS weapon and barely better. (And technically the Striker I used as an example is now blatantly inferior to the Annie, but that's another topic...) The Vulcan however is actually unique, and fits the faction. Once the Harasser itself is nerfed and the ES weapons on it get's a balance pass, things are likely going to get better. As in more balanced.

Until then, I invite you to make a TR toon and gun for Vulcan Harassers and see how easy it is, because right now you look like you are talking out of your rear, having no idea how it's actually like to gun one of these.