OK, the harasser is way to hard kill.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Dec 8, 2013.

1. MaCritz

I did create a thread about this..

It's about Harassers with ES weapons.. They should not exist together, IMO..

Currently, the Harassers are the ONLY NS VEHICLES that can wield an ES weapon... No other NS vehicles have access to ES weapons, except the Harassers.. This has been a mistake right from the start.. Why isn't it fixed yet, I dunno..

Devs, if you're gonna continue to allow this **** to happen, you might as well create ES weapons for EVERY OTHER NS vehicles as well (Lightnings, Libs, Galaxies, Flash, Sundy).. It's basically all or nothing... You either remove ES weapons from the Harassers or you do what I just proposed.. Cause this is bull..

Don't forget, it's a Harasser... It's meant to be a big pain in the butt but not literally anti-everything-on-the ground cancer-on-wheels...
  2. BigBooty

I actually love all harassers as-is. Mostly because they're so stupidly OP, but when comes around a corner and I ram it with my sunderer, it's insta-death. :p
  3. MaCritz

You know, I love it when people just use the phrase 'then you are doing it wrong' and BAM, argument won.. You can't argue.. You have to L2P, noob...

Just exactly what do you mean by such a phrase?? Care to explain a lil bit before conveniently throwing at people's face? It's so overused in this forum that it's almost meaningless..

If that's the case, I can use this particular phrase to explain EVERYTHING that's OP in the game.. Killed by <insert OP weapons here>? You're doing it wrong then...
  4. Shuguard

The last bit of that thread said the small arms resistance is being removed.
    "Like C4, the small arms (infantry weapons) resistance is being removed."
  5. MaCritz

Hey, the game is already pretty easy for experienced players with their ****** Harassers..

I mean, look at them.. I can't imagine the amount of stress they are going thru... The video just shows how difficult it is to be a vulcan gunner and the driver...
  6. Paqu

Exactly. Stealth on MBT is one huge thing which will help you to ambush and kill tons of Harassers before they can retreat.

So far I haven't seen a single Harasser using the stealth (for obvious reason) so if one manages to "sneak" behind an MBT and kill it with Vulcan its the MBT drivers fault. It doesn't make the Vulcan OP.

As I mentioned earlier, Harassers are no threat to a decent Magrider crew. Vulcan harassers being the easiest to kill and halbert the hardest. And by hardest I mean they have higher chance to get away due to not needing to get close their target, not because they are any real threat to the Mag.

The burrow thing is also a non issue. I have seen few harassers trying to do that, but the thing is that harasser can only move in two direction while Magrider can move in 4 directions. So you can easily slide off before any real damage is received.

I would say Vanguards are having the hardest time against harassers simply because they are too slow to chase and kill them. Magrider having the easiest time with that due to magbooster and stable firing while moving and Prowler coming in second. So if the Vanguard doesn't have time to shoot the second round on harasser before it breaks the line of sight there is not much it can do about it. Harasser will get away, repair and come back to "harass" the Vanguard.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

I burrow in AP Lightnings. Its actually a very deadly tactic when used in the right place. Open fields, not so much. Any canyon or area where the Magrider cant strafe right off of you, they will probably die. Its one of the inherent weaknesses of a floating tank. It has nothing to do with the Vulcan.

That said, the Harasser and Vulcan together are just a little too much. Its such a forgiving weapon...so hard to miss with it. ES weapons should never have been put on Harassers. Its not the TR's fault, and its not the Vulcan's fault. It was poor decision making.
  8. Liquid23

not trying to say the Vulcan-H doesn't need to be tuned down but to be kind of fair the Vanu tankers in that video were ******* horrible...
  9. Clockwerk

The vid of some random TR could not even utilize the Vulcan Harrasser properly while the gunner missed almost half of the time doesn't indicate anything but the novice who started using the harasser for the first time. I hope you don't use it to advocate for the harasser or, worse, to brag.
  10. Paqu

By doing that you might be able to get one or even two more shots in if you are lucky before going down but thats it. Places where Mag cant move to the sides are very rare.

As I mentioned Vulcan is not a problem against MBT's, but against lightnings.. yeah its propably a bit too much.

But as it seems Harassers might be nerfed so hard that they become even more rare sight on the battlefield than Flashes.
  11. MaCritz

No, it's not about tuning it up or down..

my main concern is that harassers should not be given an ES weapon to play with at all..

if it is an ES harasser, fine... but it's a NS vehicle.. why is the harasser the only NS vehicle that can use an ES weapon and not the other NS vehicles like the lightning?
  12. gloowa

In my opinion, they are nerfing all the wrong things. They reduce crap like resistance to small arms fire, while in mono-a-mono between Helbard Harraser and AP Lighting the Harraser will just laugh and blow up the tank without trouble.
  13. Liquid23

ok then we put ES weapons on all NS vehicles! yay I get a Vulcan on my Flash and 2 Marauders on my Sundy!

your argument doesn't work because first of all the Lightning can't mount a secondary so can't use the NS ones either... all that's left are the Flash and Sundy both of which also can't use all of the NS secondaries despite being NS vehicles... Yet all the faction MBTs CAN mount the NS secondaries as well as the ES ones...When I can mount Halbreds on my Sundy, a Bulldog on my Flash and lose the ability to mount NS secondaries on my MBT then we can talk about how NS and ES weapons and vehicles mixing doesn't make sense
  14. MaCritz

You don't really think before you respond, do you? In all of your examples, are there any ES weapons involved?? Whether the sundy only gets some of the NS weapons, or the lightning doesn't get some of the NS weapons, it doesn't matter.. What matters is that they don't have ES weapons and they never will (hopefully)..

That's the idea behind every NS vehicles.. It makes complete sense that NS vehicles only gets to use NS weapons.. Oh wait, let's make an exception.. Let's put MBT-grade ES secondaries on the fastest and most agile platform in the game!! Brilliant!!

To allow the Harassers such a privilege would totally contradict the concept behind every other NS vehicles.. I don't expect a Flash to have a Vulcan or a Saron, but at least they have other kinds of ES weapons, which they don't.. Same goes for the Sundy, Lightning, Lib...

It's just not consistent.. Do you get it??

NS vehicles should not be paired with ES weapons...

I might as well hope that the devs can squeeze a few more brain cells to come up with new NS weapons specially for the Harassers if you guys are so worried about this nerf..
  15. Liquid23

so you think it makes sense that ES vehicles get NS weapons but an NS vehicle getting ES weapons is for some reason crazy... lmao

also for your information there are faction rocket launcher and weapons for the flash in the game files as have been show in plenty of other threads from data mining... we just don't have them yet (or they may never be released who knows)

but at the end of the day they have already shown since launch that NS and ES systems can be paired with the MBT and if it works that way there is no reason it shouldn't work the other way... it makes just as much sense... just because this is the first instance of it being an ES weapon on and NS vehicle instead of the other way around in a game that releases new weapon systems and will continue to do so doesn't mean a damn thing... now whether the specific ES weapons (which are all SPECIFIC harasser variants and not even the same as the ones used on the ES MBT) are balanced on the Harasser is something you can argue and actually make sense... ES or NS doesn't matter in the least only the specific weapon and what vehicle it is on does
  16. MaCritz

It's definitely not a problem against MBTs, but even so, you have to be perfect, especially when you are dealing with experienced enemies..

I know you are a top Magrider user, but how many do you think are as good as you?? At the end of the day, tank warfare has become a very elitist environment.. All that for what?? A buggy?? I thought MBTs are the biggest threat, not some 'enemy transport vehicle'...

I'm currently focusing on my lightning, I'm trying my best to fight those pesky Harassers, but it's no walk in the park.. If an experienced MBT crew of two (FPC+Saron) have to be perfect everytime they meet a Vulcan harasser, then I have to be godlike with my C75 viper... All this for what?? A buggy?? Mind=blown..

Don't worry forumsiders, I will L2P... And I will say no more..
  17. Shuguard

If you are trying to fight any kind of ground vehicle you should use AP not stock weapons.
  18. Liquid23

not to mention the Lightning cost the same as a Harrasser yet requires less crew to operate... so ya you shouldn't be expecting to win hands down
  19. Brahma2

Remove the "I thought" and you're about right.

Hard to do?
  20. Argus002

The measures they are implementing will not fix the harasser. It is literally a flash with the invulnerability of a tank, effectively.

Infantry have no effective way of combating it, period. C4 and tank mines don't cut it - it's much too fast for that, and a skilled player will never allow himself to run over either. It outruns lock on missiles. It is, for all intents and purposes, invulnerable to small arms fire. You cannot run from it. You cannot hide from it. You cannot kill it. Either its speed needs to be reduced to half, or its armor needs to be flat out cut in half.

I'm quite tired of singular harassers zerging around and taking out dozens of infantrymen before, out of sheer stupidity, it gets itself killed - only to be respawned again. It doesn't just need tweaking, but flat out fixing, especially in its relation to infantry.