TR and NC stop crying...PROOF THAT ZOE NEEDS A BUFF HERE

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Darkelfdruid_LOL, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Darkelfdruid_LOL

I mean really.... lock down is AMAZING FOR SPAWN ROOM CAMPING!

But in all seriousness, why is there still people defending ZOE? Yes it may not BE so OVERPOWERED as some TR/NC claim as the factor of player skill still comes into play; good play with ZOE max = log off. Random with ZOE = meh just an obstacle.

Non the less ZOE is a tad too much.... the fact that it can be on ALL THE TIME with speed increase and the damage - the increased damage is very easily countered by engineers.

blablabla there have been million posts about it - for and against - but just as always the faction that has something OP...no matter what will defend it.....

....remember the striker threads?

• Up x 3
  2. Leonidas423

That magazine size.. and reload time. Now compare that with the NC MAX.
  3. Cromell

Yeah, that ZOE. Totally fine, working as intended.
    • Up x 2
  4. ZillFattak

*insertrandominsultsandl2pnonsense* Well, so how about we increase the dmg a ZOE deals by 50%? I mean, those were obviously bad players. They could have shot at you. Oh wait, they did. Well in that case I guess the reason is simply that VS has the more awesome and skilled players and most of them just happen to use a ZOE.:rolleyes:

Ok, ZOE is too strong.
    SOE: ZOE is OP, we are going to nerf infiltrators in the next patch as a counter-measure.:cool:
    • Up x 6
  5. RobotNinja

All trololol aside, the problem with ZOE MAXes is they can instantly turn ZOE on and off with no delay, no cooldown and no repercussions or drawbacks. The damage upgrade and speed upgrade could probably also stand to be tweaked slightly.

Uh oh, taking damage? You can instantly turn ZOE off. You can run up on an enemy with ZOE on and then immediately turn it off as soon as they start firing back. Both the NC and TR MAX have ability delays and not only that but the TR MAX has to lock itself into place making itself a massive death magnet (Lockdown is the worst MAX faction ability btw, if it's safe to use lockdown then you've probably already got the enemy completely spawncamped) and NC gets a significant slowdown while using Aegis shield.

VS definitely got the best of the faction MAX abilities. NC got a marginally crappy ability and TR got a terribly crappy ability. You can dance around, make excuses and L2P arguments all you want but that's a fact. VS won the draw on MAX abilities.
    • Up x 3
  6. Chazt

And tank abilities, float like a magrider, sting like a tank posted as a mortar unit.

and having guns extremely similar to TR except with no bullet drop and less spread

and one of the best flying vehicles.
  7. General Sherman

Can any TR players tell me if their MAX can do that kind of stuff too?

(Goes back to hiding behind a door for 10 mins with shotgun MAX hoping to actually get some kills this time)
    • Up x 1
  8. MajiinBuu

I agree. TR and NC need to stop crying and L2P.
    About zoe getting a buff, I don't see any proof in your footage.
    Make another thread like this tomorrow, make enough and soe might notice one of them.
  9. PastalavistaBB

It's... so... OP... that... it's... not... even... funny... anymore...:confused:
    • Up x 5
  10. Chazt

I'm sorry but really? When the shrike was out of controls and going through walls and rocks to hunt down vehicles you know what all the TR said? "L2P its not that bad." and then, boom. SoE fixed it because they admitted it was bat-**** insane. The Vanu ZOE is the exact same thing,the only downside to being in a max is supposed to be the fact they are slow and can easily get c4'd or nailed with a rocket. The ZOE makes you faster and deal a silly amount of damage. The only thing that really counters it is 3 well placed rockets or a vehicle, but even then thats what an engineer is for. The Vanu max can become an effective anti-anything with their ZOE on, which has no cooldown, no charge time, no wind-up and can easily be turned off right before you take a rocket and turn back on directly afterwords.
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

Sarcasm
  12. oherror

I think Zoe would be fine if it had a cool down. Keep it at its current level but put a cool-down on it. Call the cool down a capacitor charge or something along those lines to keep with the venu lore. This wouldn't really be a nerf but a fix. Pretty much just the max user has to be aware his "godmode" is time limited. A skilled max user wouldn't have too much difficulty adapting.
    • Up x 1
  13. DrBash00

Yep, i am also stunned every time about the neverending whining and defending of imbalanced Gear..... because when you get outnumered 5 v 1 you can still die as ZOE and not automaticly kill all enemys... well thats true but didnt show at all it isnt imbalanced ^^....

But idk why this threat is up, i think on the next update SOE is "changing the max abilitys", so just wait and see =)
  14. Xada

ZOE is good in the hands of an average player, ZOE is ridiculous in the hands of a good player.
    • Up x 3
  15. PastalavistaBB

But all VS Players are MLG Pros! ;) Or aren't they? :eek:
  16. oherror

I say lets just give a cool down buff....Add a cool down to ZOE and keep it as it is now. Good players will adapt and ok ones will use it badly.
  17. thePankakeManne

[IMG]
  18. Ocaml

I want ZoE to perform like this:
    1. Rank 1: +1 m/s movement speed (forward / backward and strafe), sprint speed is equal to other infantry classes. Weapon CoF when moving is increased by 30%.
    2. Ranks 2-5: weapon CoF when moving is reduced by 5% per each rank. Last rank may add some minor speed boost like +0,25 m/s.
    3. ZoE glow is severely reduced - just some glowing sparks here and there.
  19. Bill Hicks

2/10 got some to bite
  20. Ttariel

Is it possible to kill a ZOE ?
    Yes.
    Is it likely ?
    No.

Vanu player here.

TR and VS have a good amount of unbalanced weapons atm with NC going in the area that is just painfull to watch.

Give ZOE a limit or reduce the bonus as its state right now is not only unfair but makes it to easy for some teammates, why bother fighting if you can just hug the ZOE and walk hand in Lobsterhand with it ?
    • Up x 2