GD22S?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by sodopro, Oct 7, 2013.

1. sodopro

Just picked it up. Hey 100 certs isn't much, and it's my first other LMG other than the saw.

Any suggestions on how to gear it up?

Got the 2x sight already, willing to trade it out if needed.
  2. TTex11

Best bet is to get the laser sight on it and use it for hipfiring in most cases. It's not terrible at aiming down sights for those longer shots. Your choice if you want to slap a suppressor on it.
  3. Rogueghost

I like just using a laser site and x1 reflex, but 2x works just as well.
  4. Lucidius134

I got one the other day. I got 2x and am planning on getting the Laser Sight.

How I intend to use it is as a crummy LA1 Anchor though sadly since that thing has a higher ROF.
    • Up x 1
  5. lilleAllan

That is exactly what the GD22S is.

Get the laser sight and use it as a second grade assault rifle. The only thing the GD22S has on the Anchor, is its price.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nakar

It's a gun with an odd niche. Essentially it's better than the Gauss SAW on the move (lower FSRM and recoil and better moving COF), but worse when stationary. And it's worse than the Anchor up close, because the Anchor does more damage over time and has ALS and SPA. But it's better than the Anchor at range, because of its better handling characteristics and its access to a 2x Reflex, something the Anchor hasn't got.

So you have to basically ask yourself whether you need a gun that is more viable on the move at longer ranges than the SAW but less viable at closer ranges than the Anchor. If you're the sort that covers both those ranges perfectly fine, then the GD-22S arguably has no place.

That said, it's way cheaper than the Anchor is, so it's also an okay weapon for closer engagements if you're on a budget. You can kit out the GD-22S for basically any scenario or loadout you could want for just 330 certs total (buy the gun + 2x + grip + laser). But if you really want a closer-quarters gun and aren't getting the Anchor, NC probably has other options that will win you more encounters than a 167/577 LMG. Heck, even a Sweeper is not that expensive and does better up close. If you really hate the SAW though, the GD-22S is actually okay as a ranged choice.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pie Chasm

Hate to be the guy to say this, but you really should have saved for an EM6.
    • Up x 2
  8. hostilechild

the GD22s at one time was good, but after they removed some attachments and other attachments had their "purpose" modified, its pretty useless, but its so cheap it works fine for the hipfire at 5m to the ADS at upto 50m. Small clip size though is brutal in large fights. In towers/biolabs i find it still viable, but then an smg/shotgun(more expensive) might do you just as well.
    • Up x 3
  9. pnkdth

Grip and IRNV scope. I love this weapon. The recoil pattern(similiar to many VS weapons in that it pulls up to the right in) allows much more controll than any other NC LMG. That's its main strength, however, it is very different from other NC LMGs so I am not suprised to see so many, at least here on the forums, disliking it so much. Spend some time getting used to the recoil pattern and figure out how many bullets you feel comfortable bursting with. You're likely to find yourself landing a lot more shots than other NC LMGs.

Do NOT think of this as a poor man's LA1 Anchor. You will only be disappointed. This is a close/mid range weapon which favour players who prefer ADS over hipfire, ie, like myself. Learn its recoil pattern, thereby how to accurate compensate for it, is key. Can feel a bit off as it is quite different from other NC weapons(muscle memory can be a real b****).
    • Up x 3
  10. DashRendar

Use it with a grip and x1 x2 or NV scope and you can burst snipe really well. The laser sight doesn't tighten the CoF "enough" and the RoF is too slow to be good at hipfiring, but the grip enhances what the gun is already strong at. Switch to sidearm if you need to hipfire something.
    • Up x 2
  11. lilleAllan

The only stats where the GD-22S surpasses the Anchor are a slightly faster reload and slightly better first shot multiplier.

Anchor has better attachments (adv laser and soft point), better dps and faster velocity. It's just a flat out better weapon, honestly. GD-22S needs a buff after they gimped it back in the day. As it stands now, the cert price is the only thing attractive about it. And I'm saying that as someone who auraxium'ed (and immediately shelved) it.

At CQC the Anchor owns it. At mid I'd rather go with SAW or EM6. Hell, NC has 3 great mid range options outside the GD22-S, all of which have more attachment options (like HVA), bigger mags and faster bullet velocity.
    • Up x 1
  12. pnkdth

There are force multipliers here you do not mention. First off, smaller first shot, then slightly less RPM, this in addition to having a lot less jitter(10/12 vs 18/22) means you are going to be much more accurate with it. So I dunno, the bullets just seem to go exactly where I want them to(more or less) and it has become the LMG, across all factions, I have the highest accuracy score with.

In other words, I do no think the LA1 Anchor is a very good weapon to compare it to, and the rest of the NC LMGs(which have side to side recoil) just don't compare to how accurate this weapon is. Very different from what NC normally use, and hopefully it will stay that way(cause we do not need more copy/paste weapons).
  13. JonboyX

What I don't get about the EM6 is the advanced laser option, but 6x scope and HVA. If it's ranged, then Adv Grip surely? If it's close hip fire, where's the SPA?

Apologies if I've just missed these options. Anyway; I'm on the GD22 and it seems fine. Easier to handle than the SAW anyway.
  14. lilleAllan

To be fair, I did mention the lower rpm and lower first shot multiplier, but the jitter difference is negligible imo (same with the first shot multiplier, 1.5x vs 2x if i remember correctly). The other LMG's are about are slightly less accurate when moving I guess, but you can just run foregrip to reduce the side-to-side recoil, since they don't benefit too much from the laser sight anyway.

Sure, you can get work done with the GD22-S, but I would never pick it over the Anchor. As said the mid range performance is only marginally better on the GD22-S, but you're giving up dps, velocity and adv laser sight, which is not worth it imo.
  15. pnkdth

Yeah, I'm not saying the Anchor is a bad choice at all. I've just found the GD-22S with grip and whatever scope works extremely well for me. I do tend to use ADS centric weapons though, eg, SVA over Orion. I even prefer to use compensator and grip on my Polaris(which pretty much turns it into a T16 Rhino).
  16. UNSCSpartan051

EM6 does not have acess to an Adv. Laser. Thats VR screwing woth you. Look at the cert screen in game. It has HVA, Foregrip, Compensaror, Extended Mags as viable choices. An EM6 with a laser sight is okay but your better off with a SMG. Slap HVA, Foregrip, Comp and a 1 or 2x qnd you have yourself the jack of all trades of the NC. Effective at 15-75 meters, usable outside those ranges. Never will you feel useless with the weapon. It does eery role but not as good as dedicated guns like Orion/MSW-R/LA1 in CQC and Gauss SAW at rangw.
    When burst fired its long range capability is equal to the TMG50 and the VS 167 dmg tier weapons. The SAW is an Extreme long range weapon.
  17. Ceskaz

EM6 at range can be difficult to aim because of low bullet velocity. Didn't try the HVA though. I tried the others fire mode, but likd them much for long range
    • Up x 1
  18. Nakar

It also gets a 2x Reflex Sight, which the Anchor does not. Granted, the EM6 gets one too, so it's probably a better choice than the GD-22S, but the GD-22S is as accurate as the Anchor on the move, more controllable at range, and has access to a better scope for midrange battles. And it's dirt cheap while the Anchor is quite overpriced. That's about all the good I can say of it though.
  19. Jellypig

The DPS and TTK difference between anchor and gd-22s is so tiny it is pretty much irrelevant. You guys can check it out for yourself http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#sttk/sh25-10-10/la/1/7233/7236

OP, just stick with the GD-22s, slap a forward grip on it with a IR/NV scope and save the rest of your certs on other things.
    • Up x 1
  20. KnightCole

Low bullet velocity and poor dmg at distance. 143 takes a bit to long to kill people and the velocity and recoil kinda messes one up. I know it throws me for a loop a bit. I try to avoid firing it much beyond 40m.