Why Connery NC, as a whole, are horrible.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raraldor, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Raraldor

You don't try. That's seriously the only problem. You don't leave the spawn when there are even numbers, you don't pull vehicles or aircraft from other areas to help out, and you don't push out when the outer area of a tower is laid out to you on a silver platter. Neither do you have any useful leadership, it's just "Need Reinforcements at Ikanam!" not how to get there or what you need, and none of you seem to have a clear goal other than "capture this base". That's not a goal, it's a destination. Goals are take out the sundy to the south, or wipe out the tanks that are firing into spawn. It's like you guys think the single area you are in is the only one.

Our weapons are fine, VS and TR weapons are fine, so can we please get to the actual problem instead of avoiding it so your E-peens can stay intact? I wouldn't be too surprised if the rest of the NC on every server is like this as well, but I'm not saying they are as I only play on Connery.

There are some people who actually do exactly these things, except for leading the faction as a whole, no one does that. As a whole, though, no one gives a ****.
    • Up x 5
  2. NUKABAZOOKA

And this, is why, Connery NC are my favorite.
    • Up x 2
  3. Raraldor

To kill? Can't blame you there lol
  4. Kassidus

I agree, it doesnt help when you hear a 9 year old kid with a squad of 4 people, in command chat trying to give orders, and everyone is too busy telling him to shut up instead of provide any kind of leadership.

There is a lot of ***** on connery NC
    • Up x 1
  5. THUGGERNAUT

what do you want? somebody to hold everyone's hand and command them every step of the way? if you think this is unique to Connery you're delusional. NC as a whole are discouraged, and the game in general is hemorrhaging players, especially the most experienced. and it's only going to get a lot worse when BF4 and COD:G launch.
    • Up x 2
  6. Deronok

I do. And the other night, I jumped up a cliff to a bunch of VS who were laying siege to a base and mowed a good chunk of them down with a few other players, with even numbers. Most of your people need to check their flanks. :/
  7. Raraldor

Hand holding is teaching, leading is completely different. Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if it's the NC on every server, but the point still stands.
  8. Rogueghost

To be fair TR and vanu leader ship isn't much better on Connery.
  9. Raraldor

Certainly better still. I don't know how TR's is done as I have played that faction the least, but the Vanu have multiple people at multiple fronts leading, so I imagine it's no different. The biggest difference between TR fighting Vanu and NC and NC fighting the TR and Vanu is that the TR is lucky enough to only have one organized opponent, while the NC have two lol. Certainly no one but the NC's fault, but it's certainly something to consider as well.
  10. Eugenitor

I can't help but be reminded of an Amerish "Going Green" alert where we had like 67% of the continent, two "target this" markers on Ikanam, and an /orders going "Everyone to Ikanam now!"

This is lattice-free Amerish! And we'd almost won! We had a major pop advantage, too. We could have taken the continent almost at once if people had broken up into squad-level teams to conquer the entire top half of the map. As it was, all the territory was being fought over by desperate small squads while platoons s-l-o-w-l-y took the biolab.

We won the dominating victory anyway, but throwing everyone into a biofarm wasn't the key part of that. Off-peak Connery Vanu generally has high population and high morale.
  11. THUGGERNAUT

translation: we stomped everyone else, but not as hard and fast as we originally wanted to.
    • Up x 1
  12. HadesR

If no one is doing it step up do it yourself .. I mean the game isn't rocket science and 9 times out of 10 all it takes if 5 seconds typing in region chat ...

/re " TR sundy at the SW corner behind ammo tower "

Job done .. People have goals and a target ..

From a solo player's perspective yes I can see we lack organisation , mainly on a Global scale ..

BUT

Unless we are ALL willing to step up and do what we can it's unfair to burden the blame on a few individuals.

And yes a lot of people don't try .. Because they don't care about alerts ... Especially ones like the current BioLab alert ..
    • Up x 1
  13. Raraldor

I'm well aware of that and have typed things in region a few times, but people still don't bother. I know people need to actually be willing to follow for there to be a leader, and that this isn't exactly something can be solved within this month even, but the less people talk about the weaponry and the more people actually look deeper than just the weapons, the more likely that things will change.

Speaking of region chat, I tried using it again this time and it wasn't showing up for me. Is there a button to turn it off that I accidently hit?
    • Up x 1
  14. Eugenitor

/re randomly doesn't work.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

It's kinda always been iffy it if works or not.

But take now for instance ..

Biolab alert

We have:

27% on Amerish ( zero labs )
    33% on Esamir ( zero labs )
    31% on Indar ( zero labs)

Pull people off one continent and over pop the other two to give yourself a fighting chance .. Always been our problem of trying to bite off more than we can chew and ending up with nothing.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eugenitor

Yeah, pretty much. Most of VS isn't very smart, but our enemies are generally even dumber.
  17. eufie

Yes please. Lead the NC out of its darkest hour. I mean, complaining about the absence of solid leadership is simply solved by having the role taken up by you and anyone else who shares your sentiment, all at a cost for 100 certs + BR10 to access /orders and /leader commands. Thus, I can't really see why bother complain about leadership issues; "I'm trying" isn't convincing enough. As to how you can get Connery NC to become a formidable force, I don't have the answer to that. If what Connery NC needs is motivation, then by all means. Players are not obligated to follow what anyone says in-game, nor are they obligated to be in parallel with what is best for the empire. Just how it is.
    • Up x 2
  18. Axehilt

The Connery NC Problem:
    • Pointing out there's a TR Sunderer behind the ammo tower works.
    • Pointing out that there's an alert happening, the VS have 6 bases, the TR have 1, so why the heck are we even attacking the TR in the first place doesn't work.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bill Hicks

hey Hey HEY

You are totally right.
    • Up x 1
  20. HadesR

Well same can be said for TR attacking NC in that regards .. Both sides have tendencies to have tunnel vision and avoid VS at times