Why havent strikers been fixed yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Sep 18, 2013.

1. EnviousCipher

I obviously do not own the Lancer and have obviously never been part of a Lancer squad, because i can't possibly have a VS alt and never ever could have bought the Lancer with daily certs saved up over a 6 month period.

You're using it wrong.
    • Up x 3
  2. Epoch/Eep

:(

I pity you mate.
  3. MGP

Well, I can't argue with someone who says "A is B", just because i have differently colored signature.
    You won this conversation.
  4. Mongychops

"Kills to next medal 4"(Next Medal = Copper)

Highly effective eh? Plenty of experience in lancer squads?
    • Up x 1
  5. EnviousCipher

I'd like you to show me where I specifically stated i'm "highly experienced". I said i've been part of one, seen how effective it was, and have been on the receiving end of them too when the VS decided to get their **** together.

And fancy that, not many kills when you actually get together, but you get a heap of assist points. OH. MY. GOD, thats JUST like how people use the STRIKER! Fancy that!

Its funny actually, i keep re-iterating that it should be used in numbers, and you still expect me to prove its good solo.
  6. Vixxing

Then try flying some as VS against TR... (preferebly a liberator) Or use a Harrasser... (or do anything fun!)
  7. EnviousCipher

And...what will that prove? I've already identified the problem, the problem is that not enough people band together to form a Lancer squad. Comparing vehicular combat between VS and TR as it currently stands is a self-fulfilling argument, and you know that, because no one uses the Lancer like they should be doing.

Please be more objective, less buttmad.
  8. Jube

It was easy to fix the Phoenix and Lancer because they are "Unique" launchers. They share no common code with other launchers.
    Striker is not unique at all and shares code with ALL OTHER lock-on launchers. not just code for the lock-on feature but also code on how the rockets track.
    So you see messing with that code is dangerous business and takes a lot of time.
  9. Vixxing

If one single Striker user (1) looks at an ESF thats without or has spent its flare, for 2.25 seconds and the ESF is not at 100% health (how often are you over enemy airspace?)

3-4 seconds later that ESF is dead... (nice teamwork TR)

*Applauds*
  10. CEGrif

take any other G2A lock on and the result will be the same.
  11. axiom537

Balance is a tricky thing, in fact I think most of the Infantry vs Infantry weapons are fairly well balanced, sure we can pick one or two weapons that need some tweaking, but overall it is not too bad.

IMO the Striker is just a horrendous weapon and I really think the Lock-on should be removed, because there is no way you can balance that weapon unless you give it to all three factions or break the game further by increasing the damage output of the NS Lock-ons AND NO, the NS- lock on weapons are not comparable in any way shape or form, unless you buff the damage of the Annihilator to something around 2250 and the Specialized launchers should surpass the Striker in damage, since they are more specialized.
  12. BigMacDeez

This thread is outta control. Good times.
  13. axiom537

Actually NO, they will do half the damage...
  14. Slandebande

A BR1 TR can defend himself just as well as a BR1 VS/NC against a BR100 pilot, e.g. he can't. And, barring bugs, no high ranked pilot should die to lock-ons ever, unless they get greedy/sloppy and overextend anyways. With the Annihilator being able to put out comparative DPS to the Striker in its current iteration, I find your point moot.
  15. Mongychops

Firstly, when a TR HA is outside they just use the striker. A VS HA has to choose between Lancer (long range G2G) or Nemesis (long range G2A), so naturally there is going to be a lot fewer of them. When you make an effective anti-everything weapon for a situation it will be used by everyone (assuming equal numbers of TR and VS have bought the ESRL).

Secondly, my personal problem with the striker is that it has such high damage per lock (67% higher than the G2A launcher), and such a fast lock, that you don't need very many striker users to reach "critical mass". If I fly my lib within 500m of a TR HA using a striker (which, as I have already said, is most of them when outdoors), I will be locked in 1.25 seconds and will now lose more than 30% of the total HP on my Lib to a single player who, let me reiterate, could lock me for all of 1.25 seconds.
  16. VoidMagic

Honestly, it's not all lock on weapons. It's just the one that fires through stuff, ignores flares and does more damage than the decimator while firing on both air and ground. lol... so OP... even if you fix the bugs it's OP. Matter of fact it might be the single most OP thing I've ever encountered in a video game. lol... seriously.

My tolerance for OP by the way is super high... I think the original liberator zepher from beta was ok, I think the original rocketpods were awesome and ok... and I generally have no issue with lock on's...

just the striker... lol... it makes me not want to play... cause I feel bad for the NC and fighting the TR is just ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  17. axiom537

You consider the Annihilator doing half the damage as the Striker comparable?
  18. StarofDavid

Lol this sounds a little like someone complaining about the Phoenix.
  19. Slandebande

The math done by MGP shows that the Striker, in its current iteration, does 172dps, compared to the 155dps of the Annihilator. That is comparable in my book.
  20. Strikejk

The math is horrible wrong.
    • Up x 1