Yo Daily Reminder of Waterson's Problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ItsJustDash, Sep 15, 2013.

1. ItsJustDash

Going on RIGHT NOW <3

Tech Plant Alert all we own in Tarwich

[IMG]

4th Faction at it's best, oh yeah we have this big event starting up soon huh?
  2. ItsJustDash

Scratch that NC now owns nothing :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikeman84

Any motivation I had to play tonight died when I logged in and saw this.
  4. Phyr

According to that pic, the server is pretty balanced for this time of day. What more do you want?
    • Up x 1
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

6. Total_Overkill

Competent allies apparently...
    • Up x 4
  7. Pikeman84

1. Outfits that actually do something
    2. A command chat that doesn't either ignore everything, stay completely silent for hours, or insult everyone with the intelligence of a five year-old
    3. A reprieve from the TR and VS always double teaming us because they know we won't/can't fight back.
    4. A player base that doesn't immediately log out or jump ship every alert. (Although I'm finding it harder to blame them for this.)
    5. Changes to the Striker, Vulcan Harasser, and AV turret so pulling a Vanguard isn't just handing somebody free certs.
    6. At least ONE player studio helmet. (That isn't just a cowboy hat or some other kind of cap. I looked at the studio forums, very few actual helmets.)
    7. An actual faction strength for the Reaver to compensate for it's slow speed and huge hit-box.
    8. A complete C-85 modified rework
    9. Some weapon variation for the NC MAX so it isn't only useful in Bio-labs and nowhere else.
    10. Changes to the Phoenix so people might actually want to use it.
    11. Changes to the Aegis Shield so people might actually want to use it
    12. Anything at all to make it even remotely seem like we stand a fighting chance on this server anymore.
    • Up x 3
  8. Phyr

You sound needy. Guys don't like girls who are needy.
    • Up x 7
  9. wolfva

I don't see what the OPs complaint is. What, we didn't own Tawrich? Yeah, because we were fighting at the biolab all morning. At least, that's what we were doing in the 5, 6 hours I played this morning. There was some skirmishing going on around Tawrich, as well as back and forth base popping. But it seemed to me most of the action was at the biolab. Frankly, I hate fighting at those things, but I'm not about to write a post explaining how what I personally don't like is the problem for the entire game. <shrug>
    • Up x 1
  10. wolfva

Heh Pikeman, most of that list could be summed up as, "People playing the way *I* want them to!". The rest of it though...well, I've seen TR and Vani fight each other plenty of time. Heck, there was a scythe shooting down TR libs and skeeters this morn; I never fired at him. As long as he was keeping THEM off my back, I was happy.

Personally, I like the Phoenix. It needs to do more damage though. I hit a harrasser 5 times and it got away. 5 times. With a missile.
    Heck, 5 shots should take anything but a sundie or gal out. I'm also sick and tired of guiding that missile SMACK dab in the middle of a snipers face only for him to survive. Almost never get an inf kill with one of them. Seriously, given the crap manueverability of them I think a damage increase is merrited.
  11. Chipay

I think his biggest problem is that NC has 27% world population.
  12. NeverWas

Waterson VS TBSQ squad mate here, i've tried playing NC for the last couple of days and find one really really bad atmosphere in NC as a whole, Team killing and friendly fire.

I have recieved an average of 100% more firendly fire + team killing in a tank and as a soldier, reaver is where i can find peace momentarily. (figures are made up, but you get the idea) So my conclusion is, excessive of freedom has finally take its toll on this faction.

now back to your list of wants and nots.

This is something that you have to change yourself. After all, it's the outfit IN YOUR OWN FACTION, so step outside, create an outfit and be a leader yourself to make a change.

2. A command chat that doesn't either ignore everything, stay completely silent for hours, or insult everyone with the intelligence of a five year-old

All i can tell you is, command chat in VS side isn't as crowded as you think either.

3. A reprieve from the TR and VS always double teaming us because they know we won't/can't fight back.

TR and VS double teaming ? dude just making sure, are you even in waterson ? There is a VS-NC alliance and not VS-TR alliance for a reason.

4. A player base that doesn't immediately log out or jump ship every alert. (Although I'm finding it harder to blame them for this.)

Every faction has this, not just you solely.

5. Changes to the Striker, Vulcan Harasser, and AV turret so pulling a Vanguard isn't just handing somebody free certs.

Tried as hard not to be bias, but as a VS ........ i'll just keep quiet.

6. At least ONE player studio helmet. (That isn't just a cowboy hat or some other kind of cap. I looked at the studio forums, very few actual helmets.)

Take some of your bloody time and get to player studio forum yourself. It's sick how most of the NC just keep whining without going to player studio forum and check out NC helmet progress. (the upcoming NC helmet WIP is ******* beast)

7. An actual faction strength for the Reaver to compensate for it's slow speed and huge hit-box.

Try contact with [PREY] and see if they agree with you.

Yeah ..... that. but hey at least the other one is good :)

9. Some weapon variation for the NC MAX so it isn't only useful in Bio-labs and nowhere else.

Try Gauss-SAW.

It's an AV weapon, what do you expect it to be ? you don't see VS complain about Lancer nowadays. Usefulness wise both of the ESRL are on par, with high accuracy, and long delay between shots, and ******** against air, except that lancer users need to expose to line of fire of the enemy to actually shoot whilst phoenix doesn't.

I'm using it, i don't see how people prefer charge than this, and you only need lv 2 to be effective, unlike ZOE who needed 5 crazy levels (2350 certs) to actually get the -1 bullet ttk.

12. Anything at all to make it even remotely seem like we stand a fighting chance on this server anymore.

Tips: be organize ? VS in the old days can do it, i dont see how NC cant, and VS was below 23% whilst lately NC has been around 26~28% mark
  13. NeverWas

A reminder for you. It's an ANTI VEHICLE weapon.
  14. ItsJustDash

Final count NC nothing =\

(just crashed)

[IMG]

If you can't figure it out on this picture I don't know what to give you.

Btw good job VS at least you held some tech plants.
  15. Lamat

Thats as balanced as it usually gets during primetime. Although usually VS and NC populations are reversed or both around 30%

Its hard to want to play the game as it is intended when it gets like this. Some times you gotta just find a spot to farm the TR horde for the many bodies they throw at you. This can still be satisfying enough to keep me playing for now.
  16. Lancener

A lot of people honestly just ignore alerts, especially when their faction has lower server population, just go to another continent and try to cap it before the alert ends and the swarm returns. It's nice to get something from alerts but 4th faction has affected each faction.

I like alerts, big fights are pretty fun. I think the best fix for this kind of problem is to add a system where it picks bases close to all 3 factions current borders, encourage some 3-way fights, more of a chance for each faction.

Also, I've now heard from TR and NC that the other two factions on Waterson always double team them, so on a side note it appears that we've come to a point where everyone is attacking everyone, perfect, except the populations are still a bit out there.
  17. Phyr

That's a perfectly reasonable, and viable balance. The game doesn't force balance and probably never will.
  18. Swoo

It was pretty sad. The VS held one of their last tech plants like mad dogs until the TR gathered up enough for 2 1/2 to 1 odds, then proceeded to spam general chat about humiliating the VS yet again.

I felt kinda bad watching that.
  19. Chewy102

http://nccommand.com/

Tell your outfit leader of that link. The big outfits ARE getting together to reach a goal. We had a meeting Friday and I don't recall your outfit having a rep there. If the NC is forced to work as a unit then that is what we will do. But we need outfits to join us. Small or big, we need the help and have use for any size of squad or platoon. We are even working on getting command chat ingame something that you can use. Ask about NCC there and Id bet someone can tell you about it.

You will still be your own outfit and NO ONE will ask you to merge with another. NCC is the NC outfits of Waterson working for the same goal and sharing with each other information, tactics, and just about anything to make the NC a better faction.
  20. Pikeman84

This is something that you have to change yourself. After all, it's the outfit IN YOUR OWN FACTION, so step outside, create an outfit and be a leader yourself to make a change.

From what I've seen, few players on our faction even want to join the already established outfits.

All i can tell you is, command chat in VS side isn't as crowded as you think either.
    Most days, I never see an order come from the command chat. Heck, most weeks I don't.

TR and VS double teaming ? dude just making sure, are you even in waterson ? There is a VS-NC alliance and not VS-TR alliance for a reason.
    I've seen the TR go completely out of their way to avoid the Vanu to go after one NC facility, and I've seen the VS do the same thing vice-verse. If there is an alliance, it isn't a very consistant one. Heck, the VS are the ones that just took our last tech-plant!

Every faction has this, not just you solely.
    Yes, but ours is grossly out of proportion.

Tried as hard not to be bias, but as a VS ........ i'll just keep quiet.
    Don't be quiet. If you think it needs fixing. Say so.

Take some of your bloody time and get to player studio forum yourself. It's sick how most of the NC just keep whining without going to player studio forum and check out NC helmet progress. (the upcoming NC helmet WIP is ******* beast)
    I did go on the studio forum, as I said in my post. I saw one truly outstanding helmet for the NC that was actually near completion. Alas, that artist was from Australia, so his work will likely never see release

Try contact with [PREY] and see if they agree with you.
    Being good with something that is underpowered does not mean the object is balanced. It simply means you overcame the handicap. The handicap is still there regardless

Yeah ..... that. but hey at least the other one is good :)
    Kinda. Ironically I liked it better when it was a re-skinned halberd.

Try Gauss-SAW.
    Uh... I said MAX weapons. I admit the SAW is great, once you put 300 certs into it and climb up the steep learning curve. Wish we swapped that out as our standard issue LMG. Not a good pick for beginners

It's an AV weapon, what do you expect it to be ? A viable AV weapon. you don't see VS complain about Lancer nowadays. Yes I do. Usefulness wise both of the ESRL are on par, with high accuracy, and long delay between shots, and ******** against air, except that lancer users need to expose to line of fire of the enemy to actually shoot whilst phoenix doesn't. At least you're not sniper bait while guiding the poorly maneuverable rocket over it's pitiful range and don't have an effective 15 second reload. A big indication of a balance issue is player usage. If it is a viable choice, you should see people using it. If it's not viable or not up to par, people won't use it. If it's better than all the other choices, then you see A LOT of people using it. Nobody uses the Phoenix. Of course, this doesn't definitively mean something is UP or OP, but it's a clue something is up.

I'm using it, i don't see how people prefer charge than this, and you only need lv 2 to be effective, unlike ZOE who needed 5 crazy levels (2350 certs) to actually get the -1 bullet ttk.
    Server stats showed it to be the least equipped MAX ability, even below lock-down.

Tips: be organize ? VS in the old days can do it, i dont see how NC cant, and VS was below 23% whilst lately NC has been around 26~28% mark

The NC command structure is such a mess I don't see it happening. Why bother putting in all the work to fix the NC when you can just join the other factions and enjoy the functioning command system that's already in place?

Look, I know this is a rant-y post, and I try to avoid those as much as possible, but I just find it so hard to even play as NC anymore on this server. I know a lot of these problems are our own fault, and I don't expect them to just be magically fixed. I just wish it seemed like we had a chance once in a while. (When was the last time we even capped a continent?) But mostly, I'm just tired. Really, really tired.