World Domination Series

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ItsJustDash

On Waterson the NC will just jump ship and play the TR =\
  2. Bhudda V1

i seriously doubt we win though, on connery i have see the vs pop stay alway's a few point's higher than nc almost always now and i feel sorry for the tr on our server not much chance for them at something like 29 percent pop most day's.
  3. HadesR

Oh yeah totally agree but no reason for us not to give it our best try.

As for the pop's .. NC seem to stay pretty consistent while TR/VS fluctuate a lot .. ATM TR sit at 36% and VS 29% .. Later those scores will be reversed ...
  4. ItsJustDash

Maybe there will be a handicapped for the under popped Factions?
  5. Bhudda V1

when i logged in a few hour's ago it was vs 36 and tr 29 and nc about 33 ish, without a doubt we will try but no promises i know it will probably go horribly wrong though.
  6. HadesR

NC

Grabbing defeat from the jaws of Victory :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Bhudda V1

we try our best :(
  8. HadesR

True

Hope I'm being a pessimist but got a horrible feeling it will end up as one faction held up on each continent
  9. dirtYbird

Its one thing to suffer through one faction continually getting max rewards from alerts with Dominating Victories due to population imbalances.
    If the status quo remains they'll sweep the pool with the rewards from this World Domination series as well.

I see a few options.
    1. Continue to fight against the odds for next to nothing.
    2. Swap factions, as they say, if you cant beat them, join them.
    3. Find something other than PS2 to play, maybe in that time there will be more working bug fixes and some optimization...if you bother to come back at all.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gheeta

Such a silly event sadly. A glorified alert that will only cause frustration for the underpopulated factions.
    • Up x 2
  11. umbrellapower

Looking forward to Connery NC getting doubleteamed by VS and TR all day, every day.

But it seems like most of the points (on Connery at least) will be earned by early morning ghostcappers and East Asian players. It'll still be fun, though, I'll see you guys on the battlefield! :D
  12. Bhudda V1

i personally think that vs will take it myself, nc have to have defeat it's the underdog way
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

Oh good, Waterson TR get 3-day EXP boosts every week to go with their free alert wins every day.

Can we make the title for winning the event something like "Fourth Faction Scum"?
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

Revised Scoring System Proposal:
    Every hour, each empire receives points equal to the number of territories they control divided by their global population percentage.
    • Up x 5
  15. Eugenitor

Oh no. We've all been missing the key word here.

Well, folks, I present- and I can say this in public because Mattherson Vanu's the only group crazy enough to do this-

Eugenitor's Guide to World Domination

1. Right now, make alts on a server in every part of the world. Maybe, or maybe not, Connery. Miller. Briggs.
    2. Start leveling up your alts right now.
    3. Wait until it's early morning in those parts of the world. And it's always early morning somewhere.
    4. Lord Vanu commandeth thee to GHOST CAP
    5. Hold it until the locals wake up.
    6. Perform your fleshy biological necessities (work, eat, sleep, poop).
    7. Go to the next server where it's 4 AM.
    8. Repeat steps 4 through 7 every day for five weeks.
    • Up x 1
  16. Fox Reinhold

Even More Revised Scoring System Proposal:
    They wait until they actually fix their game, it doesn't crash constantly, and it runs half decently. Then they use this event as a marketing promo to draw players back/into the game. You know the gaming websites will report it either way, and it's a question of what type of first/new impression they want to make... or are they just going to throw away what could be free marketing, a chance to revitalize their game, and make money?
  17. WyrdHarper

So...welcome to offhoursghostcapside2? Oh boy. The primetime fights on Mattherson should be pretty awesome, though. I'm not sure how they expect this to actually work if it's based on territory capture, when 3/4 of the day territory flips back and forth from ghostcapping, usually when populations are even more imbalanced than normal. Also, if this is the pre-season, I'm curious as to what the "season" is going to be.
  18. Lazaruz

I would venture a guess, that the global population differences aren't as huge as the gaps on individual servers. So there's no need to 4th faction, just stick to your faction and do your part. It doesn't matter if the NC takes a beating on Waterson, the Ceres NC will even you guys out and so forth (just a random example).

The prizes are not a huge motivation for me personally. I would much rather had a camo pack or something, since I don't use titles or decals. But I guess the XP-boosts will come in handy at some point.
  19. Hatamoto

Are decisions made based entierly on what Mr H dreams at night or is treal planning going into these things? I have to seriously wonder what your problem is? Have you somehow missed the threads on pop imbalance?
  20. Luperza Community Manager

Thanks for reposting this here. This is also a great place to add any feedback y'all have on the event. Let me know what you think throughout the pre-season of the event. :)
    • Up x 1