Why Vanu on Miller fail the alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Linus, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Flag

No deals will be made cross empire.
    It shouldn't be needed, as long as the large faction isn't allowed to flex their muscles because the other two are busy locking up their pop for no good reason.

Look at it this way:
    In the past, we(the VS) would go for whoever had the upper hand(usually TR), but then suddenly, even when we're on the least amount of bases(in the case of facility alerts), the other not-most-pop empire attacks us with silly numbers(usually NC).
    Why? Well, they probably think we're "easy pickings" since we don't have the numbers the high pop faction does, but that's how things went bad in the first place.
    Less-than-ideal tactical sense.

The few times the VS did have the high pop, this seemed to repeat itself, only between the other two empires, giving us even more free reign.

Back when the TR won most alerts, there was this saying going around:
    "You can count on the NC. They're reliable. Reliably ****" - By which we meant that more often than not they would attack the "wrong" target.
    TR in the lead? They attacked us.
    VS in the lead? They attack the TR.

I like to think this happened because the NC struggled with inter-outfit cooperation, something they have improved now(at least a bit). So we won't see as much of it as time goes on, I don't think.
  2. pnkdth

I am pretty much this happend during the time when we, VS, finally lost Indar. I think a lot of us, especially the leadership, burnt out on the game after that. Nothing really could compare to it. Kinda like having completed the end game in a contentdriven MMORPG. The stuff that came after it just didn't feel nearly as compelling or interesting.

Least that's the impression I get from other VS players, as well as for myself. It is just hard to keep playing.
  3. Botji

I think a lot of people are also just finding it hard to motivate any "serious" game time instead of just faffing around doing whatever since there is little point to the alerts. You get certs but you can usually get more certs by just fighting elsewhere.

Say there is an alert on Indar, chances are I can get +50% exp from another continent because there are few VS there, add my sub bonus and we are talking 100% more exp and if im defending a base there its even higher. So im on a continent with few allies on but there are also few enemies there, they outnumber me but its usually not that bad. There is a huge difference in being outnumbered 2:1 when there are 48+ people running around to being outnumbered 4:1 if they are only 4 people, I have a decent chance of taking those odds and killing some of those 4 people a few times can be done without me dying and quite quickly, the cert gain from doing this far surpasses what I can get from the zerging of alerts.

Soooo... since winning an alert with an underpop is nearly impossible unless the other 2 factions pretty much gives it away to you and the whole point of alerts are "you get certs!" why shouldnt I go to another continent and get some smaller skirmishes there that imo are both more fun for me since individual skill and actions kinda count and I even profit more certs from doing so.

A lot of people are just farming certs right now, waiting for the updates and better times overall. I havent joined an outfit since the last one and I tell people that PS2 is so much more fun with an outfit that everyone should be in one.... I just cant motivate myself to join one because 1. I feel I dont have time to dedicate to an outfit and 2. I dont see much of a point right now.

We really need some other kind of goal than "win alert, win certs!". Outfit bases and continent locking sounded kinda interesting, not sure what is happening with that.
  4. Flag

You're not wrong.
    I know that at least I did.
  5. mblades

your answer is only correct assuming each person on each faction actually follows the alert objective but if you have some people derping somewhere on the continent that offers no strategic benefits at least during the alert for example VS 28% TR %33 and NC 39% and its a bio lab alert and the high pop faction has 3 squads ghost capping a mao tech and want to go to the warpgate. This mean NC population is actually lower because they have forces not trying for the objective. of course this happens on most factions but generally smaller factions have a easier time to band toegether more so then the overpopulated faction.

So in the ideal planetside experiance where each faction has no one derping then yes you cant win underpopulated but because people do derp then anything is possible. Not to mention since population percentages are flexible since it can change in favour of you or the enemy faction.
  6. MajorZbug

I'm not going to hear the irony when Ostekake said the exact same thing on comms while going through great efforts to show it wasn't irony. It's what you think, as shown by Ostekake trashtalking INI, FU, BRTD and my outfit face to face for 2 hours straight for being "traitors to the TR", "exploiter", "elitist ****" and so on.

You can do what you want with your own hatchets, I never asked for anything in the first place. You said what you thought, thanks, don't be surprised if people are offended as a result. All the backpedalling consecutive to that little event is just hilarious.
  7. Flag

Yet that is what the OP was complaining about; How the VS don't ever fight as an empire(which is false btw).

Also, at least on Miller the % stays more or less stable during alerts. So all it comes down it is how and where the empires employs their numbers. At which point having less bodies to throw at a problem becomes the bottleneck for how well you can do. And if you're faced with, as was the case for VS, one faction that manages to move around on the map quite efficiently, and the other suffering from poor decisions and lack of cooperation... The derp has to be mighty indeed(on their end) for us to stand a chance.
    • Up x 1
  8. Flag

Here's a thought. Take the discussion(which is very personal between the two of you/your outfits) to PMs or mumble/ts or something.
    We, the public, don't need to know drama within one faction on one server.
  9. ValorousBob

OP, I understand where you're coming from, but you lack the perspective to see what's really going on with the VS leadership. I'd say we're the most motivated empire on Miller. We know we're probably going to lose and yet the same outfits show up every day to fight in Alerts. VC, ISK, UBAD, EMLD, VCBC, RPS, DIG/DIGT work together almost every day. Smaller outfits like FOG, MYTH, LDD, F, LFS, etc. join up when they're online. We use in game /leader chat as well as out of game comms on the TVA TS3 server.

It's a failure of NC to understand game theory. If VS and NC both fight TR, we both benefit. If one of us fights the other, we both lose. NC sometimes gains temporarily, but then they lose everything to TR again.

This just happened with an Amp Station Alert, in fact most of the VS posting in this thread were not only online, but in the same platoon. VS started out with 4 Amp Stations, TR with 4 and NC with one. We didn't lose a single Amp Station to TR, and every organized group of VS was fighting TR, but we only had 30% global pop. Meanwhile NC took Sungrey from us while we were fending off a massive attack on Kwahtee and then promptly lost Sungrey to the TR. The Alert ended with TR have all their Amp Stations plus all of NC's Amp Stations. It's virtually impossible for VS to win an Alert when we're not only outnumbered, but the other outnumbered faction has literally no sense of strategy. The NC indirectly helps TR win most of the Alerts on Miller.

At the beginning of the Alert I asked EmitzDevil from [DL] if NC was going to fight TR who currently had 39% population. His paraphrased response was "lolnope, we only have 3 outfits coordinating".
    • Up x 5
  10. Scudmungus

Dunno about the rest but ISK and DIG/DIGT always give a good fight.

I love it when they show up!

:D
    • Up x 2
  11. aoyagiaichou

Well, maybe it has something to do with this and the likes of that.

Maybe :3
  12. ValorousBob

DIGT has really stepped up their game and been doing quite excellent the last few weeks.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that DWG has been working with the other VS a lot more often lately. Whitebeard, Banelos, Davelantor and Eval are great to work with when they're online.
    • Up x 3
  13. ValorousBob

Any VS reading this thread, JOIN AN OUTFIT! There's a whole other world of Planetside that you're missing out on. We have a lot of great outfits, many of which are part of The Vanu Accord. We work together every day and we punch above our weight. I see some VS unhappy that we lose Alerts, but it looks totally different from the outfit side of things.
    • Up x 3
  14. bPostal

This! Do This! ^^^^ I've seen more non-outfit NC than VS lately but still, outfits are the ones who are coordinating ****. Get with them
  15. Kalendric

As a staunch Republican I deplore the idea of the Vanu on Miller taking any steps to get organized. The idea of a band of spandex wearing xenophiles getting their act together, co-ordinating and using those horrible disco-crabs of theirs enmass is as terrifying a proposition as Ben Affleck being cast as Bat Man and equally should not be allowed to happen by the law of any civilized country.
  16. Goretzu

Again though, the NC and VS players are new (otherwise TR would stil be at 50+% world pop every day), and secondly when you're constantly Zerged people don't always fight to win because all that happens is the TR throw extra people at you and you lose anyway.

A perfect example of this was a morning alert a few days ago, NC held 2 AMP stations and TR 1 for 1 hour and 30 mins of the Alert.

The TR just attacked the NC and the VS just attacked the NC, unsurprisingly the NC lost both AMP stations at around 30 mins left and ended the alert with 0 and last.

They were fighting to win and winning, but only the TR has the numbers (55% cont pop and 42% world pop at the end of that alert) to actually try and win and WIN.

As for the TR being super organised Wizards - it's a nice excuse, but it's just not true. If you can't hack playing the underdog side you cannot hack it, but excuses are just plain weak.
  17. MrK

I'm THAT sick of the little VS theory of NC only going after the poor spandex wearers
    2 points :
    1) we go as much against both ennemy factions. I don't think I killed a single VS in the last Alert I participated in, while being in 3 or 4 of the target facilities.
    2) VS ALSO go for the "bad" objectives(ie owned by the other underpop)

In fact,every times this theory has been thrown around in yell during alerts end, deploring how stupid NC were for handing the win to TR, it was in a NC region under heavy VS attack. Every single frakking time. The epitome of irony.
    Take a good long look at yourself before spouting out things you pretty much know nothing about.
    • Up x 1
  18. Goretzu

Indar's map especially would tend to suggest the VS and TR attack the NC in preferance, with the NC pinned into a corner with the map split 50:50 between TR and VS (even when the TR have more pop than either).

Of course that might just be the Warp Gate positions.
  19. Rayden78

I think the problem is Tawrich, while Hvar can be defended really well (if someone decides to defend it) and Mao is way up in the north, Tawrich can be easily attacked from 2 direction, especially as attackers have the height advantage.

Also Tawrich is a great place to fight, that why i always like to go there.
  20. Loui5D

Funny how straight after the alert the VS had 35% world pop and the TR 29%, yet just before the alert finished the TR was 39% and VS 28%.
    • Up x 2