TR Miller, 39%

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hatamoto, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Botji

Difference in keeping up morale and interest when you are winning compared to when you are constantly losing, and losing because you are fighting uneven odds is just so huge its actually stupid to even try to compare them. New players for TR doesnt need a whole lot of upkeep to keep them happy, winning is fun, if its fun they will stay. Pretty simple.

Im just a lone wolf but my situation isnt much different from if I would be in an outfit. Almost every fight against TR is a fight being outnumbered, almost every fight against TR isnt lost because they just pulled off something amazing, at the height of strategy there might be galaxies involved, with people in them. People they only have available because they actually outnumber us that much. Losing alerts over and over again because TR can push everywhere while still tying up most of their opponents at a few bases leaves you really looking forward to the next time, because then we can just uh... try to defend another base instead while the exact same thing happens again?

Being on the losing team in an "even" fight isnt that bad, you can do better next time, make up new strategies etc etc but that doesnt really apply since this isnt an even fight we are talking about. It burns you out and then we get here, people go do other things instead, like fighting the NC because thats more fun.

There isnt much TR players can do about this that doesnt involve giving up their TR characters, wich is kinda bad but something has to be done to fix it because it wont be the buggy gameplay or bad performance that kills PS2, it will be this. It wont happen right now all of a sudden but it is happening all the same, just takes a while.
    Fixing better performance might get more people to join and more people to "stay" but even they will leave if the population is unbalanced.

Edit; Sounds like im thinking all TR are bad and have no tactics wich is wrong, there are a lot of skilled players and outfits with tactics but while im in a battle with those TR, it might not be that what takes/defends the base but the additional 2-3 galaxies worth of people that just got dropped in. Its like, we were having a good fight and then that happens, GG no re plz.
  2. maximus

Matherson wins with a 42% pop VS nice.
  3. mblades

Honestly think your mindset is a bit sad in general since being underpopulated is honestly better i never understood being overpopulated because less people to shoot and less challenge in general but there are times you may want this but for me I enjoy having a target rich environment, Sure being steam rolled is **** but it just means kill more of them then they can kill of you or at the very least focus on what you are doing and dont worry about what your enemies are doing.

In regards to new team mates well winning isnt everything make them feel like its great to be apart of something especially outfits you know sense of community. Honestly i sign in PS2 more for the community aspect instead of the shooter aspect more these days. Of course could be host of other reason why TR is overpopulated or why other factions may be underpopulated. Like some people on the factions that are now underpopulated could be playing other games/taking breaks or various of other reason where as the TR may not have as many people on holiday mode and what not.

And I know you are speaking with alerts in mind but that's the best part because you know enemies will be where they have to go to get to your objective. Sure numbers seem to prevail but even with 40% of TR or whatever always focus the faction with the most pop unless the other faction is winning in whatever alert it may be unless you just want to screw over the bigger pop faction.
  4. mblades

o.0 so its their fault for brining more people? couldnt you bring more people? of course if you couldnt cant blame them having more online it makes sense attacking a base with more players to secure that point if its a biolab alert. Besides this can happen both ways so not sure what point you are trying to make
  5. mblades

how are you getting frustrated/stressed? Sure there may be more enemies so what? If you play for fun then winning a alert is the last thing you should care hell just focus on killing more of them then they can of you.

But if you truly going to go COD or BF then you truly wanted a 50-50 fight which for me PS2 isnt really like that although it can be most times it comes down to where you put your numbers or as a team/faction. For me I love being underpopulated since no other game gives you the sense of being the underdog and giving you a target rich environment that most other shooters lack since you cant get outnumbered or outnumber them or feels like the maps are too small/big for the numbers they are using even when even.

Besides transferring your character over just makes the server problem worse because all you are doing by transferring your character to a server where your faction is considered overpopulated is making the problem there worse and the server you were on have even less on that faction then before. Seriously being overpopulated is the most boring thing since you are always guaranteed to win but that doesn't mean they asked for it hell as someone said if your faction never participates for a alert then why would you not go to one of the other factions that are actually doing it.

Point is just play to kill people frustration for me only comes from my own faction failing to do what seems the most logical course of action rather than my enemies having more manpower at that time.
  6. mblades

Well zerg/big fights for me is what this game is about and using your numbers effectively if there are 50-50 battle and you have forces to aid especially if thats where you want to go of course you send your forces there to tip the defense/attack in your favor. This game isnt meant to be a 50-50 battle you always strike where your enemy is not or where you can push your enemy back or at least draw them away from another objective. So I am sorry but there are still tactics just because it looks like a zerg doesnt mean tactics is gone.
  7. Nonorf

"Tactical superiority"
    • Up x 1
  8. maximus

The just better players join there team so you dont suck!
  9. maxkeiser

I still have absolutely no problem finding fights of all sizes on Miller - small, squad, platoon, Zerg (multiple platoons).

This game is NOT an arena game. There will always be imbalances and times where you are outnumbered 4-1. That is how a free, openworld battlefield works (and how it HAS to work - or loads of people will just leave as the whole premise of the game is built on this freedom of movement).

If you want even numbers play an arena style game - like the Battlefield games. I love BF games and have no difficulty in understanding how PS2 is just different - it isn't always fair. The teams aren't equal. That's life.

Life isn't fair.
  10. Goretzu

It bemuses me that they don't impliment the first and most obvious thing - massive exp bonuses for those massively outnumbered.
  11. Jachim

What is the point of that? Displaying a zerg? Such a rare thing nowadays. Those never happen.
  12. Jachim

Because you like amp stations? I don't know, please explain.
  13. Mastachief

[IMG]

Shamelessly stolen from our forums
    • Up x 3
  14. MrK

When you are the underpop faction, guess what? No, you cannot bring more player, surprisingly.... And when the pop advantage becomes a norm, this thing cannot happen both ways most of the time.

Bringing more player, all the time, to the point the gameplay is **** and is summarized by camping spawns with 3x pop advantage wherever you go, yes, that is stupid. That is making the game insanely uninteresting.
    The only ones that enjoy this are the ones who like to see some numbers go up on their personal statistics or such, while casually clicking on their mouse button without any challenge. Challenge them, and they go down the toilets hole. Problem is having the population capacity to challenge that.
    If it's fair for you to win at all costs, to the point it's gameplay breaking, which has been honestly the case for a certain portion of Miller TR population during their long overpop period, then we have a very different vision on "playing a game".
    Ofc, as soon as challenge arises due to more even pops, said population suddenly disappear from the killboard and you see another kind of players emerge.

That "bring more pop to win" card is bad in terms of gameplay. Guess why Lattice was rushed on us this way?
  15. Redzy

As a response, I will redirect you to this.
  16. Goretzu

Zergs win against anything but other Zergs.
  17. CaptainYamerica

lol Reminds me of Waterson.
  18. Kurohagane

Can't you just look closer on the screenshot or something? I never implied anything about global population being the key element in it.
  19. maximus

reminds me of every server.
  20. mblades

well it seems the community in vanu seems to be the ones to complain because there was a time when TR had the lowest pop and always were the weaklings to pick on but most of the outfits then and now seem to have banded together and grown and now TR seems to be getting the overpopulation well mostly due to TR having north warpgate also because VS on briggs seem to have stopped doing alerts which increases our number from 4th factioners. And our NC is derpy like yours well use to now since our NC seem to have started getting more organised and actually participating in alerts alot more instead of just TR vs VS on other continents and VS winning most of them before we got the population/over population,

But i hope more people play whatever faction is underpopulated because for me having more enemies to shoot is always a good thing winning or not. As someone said before its about having fun first before winning.