Watch out for abusers of this nasty glitch!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealMetalstorm, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TheRealMetalstorm

Because, as we all should know, vehicle ability cooldowns are not linked to the vehicle, but instead the driver's character, some vanguard teams have been exploiting this in order to double the length of their vanguard shield.

If you notice liberators that flare, fire suppression or Afterburner too quickly seemingly without cooldown, be sure to report them.

In the case of vanguards, if you notice that there isn't a 30-odd second delay between their shield activations, or if their shields last for longer than 8 seconds, be sure to report them as well!

What to look out for: Vanguard shield activates, and the vanguard's displayed character name suddenly swaps and the shield activates again without cooldown.

As long as people are aware of the symptoms of this glitch, we can rest assured that those who used to exploit it in secrecy can no longer do so without consequence!
    • Up x 13
  2. Snoozzzer

Cool story - thanks for letting us know about the bug and your latest death.
    • Up x 4
  3. Spartan101

Good to see forumside brings in its brightest bunch to liven up the thread.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 12
  4. TheRealMetalstorm

5. y3ivan

I personally thing that, abusing spawnshields is even worst than this. It actually affects KD ratio to MLG standards.
  6. LowTechKiller

Thank goodness no one's abusing the built-in spell checker. MLG be damned...o_O
  7. biterwylie

Cheers for letting us all know! It is not a glitch if that is the way it is designed. Expect to be pawned hard ;)
  8. LordCreepy

Never noticed this - tough to be fair how could you with deploy as special...

I don't think its that much of a problem - actually driver and gunner should each have a defense button.
    So people could use flares + fire sup.

I agree tough double shields is too strong.
  9. RobotNinja

Y3ivan was comparing another bug to THIS bug. So yeah, it has something to do with this since he was comparing the two.

There's no need for you to be a Rachel Rudeypants and try to dictate what everyone can and can't talk about seeing as you should have posted this where it belongs anyway, in the Gameplay Bugs forum where the devs might actually read it, instead of expecting them to wade through the last 200 threads worth of drama-bombs posted in gameplay discussion.

Alternatively, you can also post bugs here:
    https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33994/kw/report a bug ps2
    • Up x 1
  10. Spartan 117

Wow...so this is the exploit those NUC/WBDM(w/e outfit it is) liberator pilots are abusing...

I see the outfit tag of the pilot switch mid flight on multiple occasions & they will be in a burning state, use fire suppression, hit burning state again, fire suppress again. Reporting them the next time I see it.
  11. Kaon1311

Again.... Twitter and/or Reddit for bug fixes.

Can anyone who has a Twitter account, tweet Higby direct, might get fixed this year, since it has been around a while now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Phazaar

Prove that it's an exploit and I'll report people... Until then, I can only assume that it (like everything else nonsensical and imbalancing in game) is an intended feature in this wonderful game.
  13. TheRealMetalstorm

It's considered a glitch/exploit.
    sit back down buddy
    Proof -->

What server?
  14. Spartan 117

Waterson. There are 2 liberator pilots on everyday. 1 is from NUC the other is from WBDM (Or something, I'll look for him this week). I have seen numerous occasions where their behaviour is questionable at best. Normally when someone is driving it will display their outfit tags/name only. I see their outfit tags switch all the time mid flight. Additionally, I will bring them to a burning state, they use fire suppression, bring them to burning state again, fire suppression. I have also seen what appears them to be moving at a accelerated speed at times.
  15. TheRealMetalstorm

you are seeing things, kiddo, the only thing they're doing is swapping seats and exploiting the glitch.
    /tell them not to swap seats to double up their fire suppression, and if they do not comply just report them. chances are, if they don't comply and ask you to "deal with it", it'll provide a nice screenshot.
  16. Phazaar

:) You know I was kidding though, right? ;)
  17. HadesR

Vehicle user's exploiting bugs and glitch's ... Now there's a first :rolleyes:
  18. Sebastien

If you're on Connery, that's either me, or my guys that are doing the Shield thing.
  19. PrimePriest

Please everyone chill out.
    As it affect mostly performance of NC vehicle it will probably be fixed immediately in next Hotfix.

While spawn shield bug abuse will be there for another 5 GU's.
    • Up x 2
  20. HadesR

Might be lucky and it takes as long to fix as the bugged Striker ...

Forget that yeah you're right