Remove "Trowing" C4 like a Grenade.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Dreez

C4 is a plastic explosive ment to be carefully placed onto objects with a detonator and activated
    on distance for destruction. NOT tossed and handled like a grenade, something you throw while
    moving and then detonated half a second afterwards.

Either remove the throwing-part completely, or make C4 lose 50% of its damage if not placed.

Too many times i've seen infantry just running past a doorway or fly past a vehicle and just
    throw the C4 like its a tennisball, detonate it and kill anything close to it.

Put a placing-timer on C4, just like hacking a console/turret for 100% dmg, then if you
    want to toss it for a cheap kill, reduce its damage by 50%.
    • Up x 10
  2. BlackbookPS

U mad bro?

Your tears are delicious!
    • Up x 19
  3. Kulantan

If I could actually throw C4 like a tennis ball rather than a small child with a shot put, my K/D would be up around 10.
    • Up x 19
  4. Sossen

You think using C4 is easy? As a medic, I assure you it's not.
    • Up x 10
  5. makrome

Nerf it all.
    Tankmines ... huuuuge, now almost useless as mines.
    AI mines .... blinking lights .. mines ... lights ... blinking ...
    C4 received already a nerf here and there, let's nerf it to the point noone wants to use it anymore.
    Maybe, the factions hostile to you should only have rubberbands and really tiny little stones as weapons.
    Tanks .. pfff ... why do they even have engines .. they should need at least 10 men pushing them.

It will never stop, noone even thinks about adapting to the current environment, no, the environment has to be changed to whatever suits you.
    • Up x 18
  6. TheRighteous

Although it used to be how you described, its not anymore. Now its more akin to tossing a heavy weight.
    • Up x 1
  7. TomDRV

One word NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if you want C4 to be more realistic, and be detonated from a distance. THEN GIVE IT A BLAST RADIUS OF 75m + a massive mushroom cloud and enough damaged to destroy every vehicle in planeside that's less than 30m away. Tank drives just don't have any situational awareness.
    • Up x 4
  8. ExquisitExamplE

Fly little C-4, fly like the wind.

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  9. McToast

Moin

No need for a timer. C4 should just use the same mechanic that's used for ammopacks, except that it can be attached to walls and vehicles. And while we're at it, give the same mechanic to mines (claymores could be placed on walls too).

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
    • Up x 3
  10. Izriul

Do you actually know what C4 is? You DON'T need to be careful with it at all. It's extremely stable and can take massive amounts of physical abuse. You can shoot it, burn it, drop it, throw it or basically be as clumsy as you like with it.

Also the only class that can use it effectively in game is the LA. I think I've died once to a medic using it since release, and never an engineer or HA.
    • Up x 2
  11. Fang7.62

Try playing BF3 and imagine if BF3 C4 handling would be in PS2. There are no delays, no clumsy animations you just hurl one C4 after another and can detonate immediately and it lands where you throw it. The whining would be massive.
    • Up x 1
  12. Copasetic

C4 gets dropped, not thrown. If you have a bunch of forward momentum it might fly a few feet, that's all. It costs 100 infantry resources, only works at point blank range and takes about 4 seconds to use. Meanwhile heavies can blind fire rocket launchers into groups of infantry for instagibs, for free. I'd say C4 is just fine.
    • Up x 2
  13. Zotamedu

The problem is the detonator and booster charge needed to detonate it so when it's properly charged, is it is in the game, it will be a bad idea to throw it around. Blast caps are to be handled very carefully. All primary explosives are nasty to handle.
    • Up x 1
  14. BlackbookPS

C4/Prox Mines/Tank Mines can all be lobbed. Think of it as a underarm throw.

You can cover about 5-10 Metres with a lob (underarm throw)

If you don't believe me then take a look in VR.

Check out this video lots of lobbing of C4

Especially at 2:30.

15. Copasetic

Sure, but if you stand still it will plop down at your feet no matter how you 'throw' it. As with anything that gets dropped in order to have it go further than a couple feet you need altitude and momentum, something only the LA can pull off. It's nowhere near "throwing it like a grenade".
    • Up x 1
  16. TheRealMetalstorm

Look kid if you get C4'd you deserve it 95% of the time.
    Have you actually tried using C4 yourself?

inb4 more qq
    • Up x 4
  17. JonboyX

I'm with the OP: I would like to see C4 act like the original PS1 boomer so you need to place it on something.

Give light assaults some other variant, fine. I've no objections to someone dropping C4 on my head.
    What is cheap is when it gets tossed in to a doorwell to replicate a 'blind toss' grenade. It's not challenging in any way to do this.
  18. BlackbookPS

Stop wasting my time. I just went into VR and stood still and threw it 5 Metres at the firing range. I did say if you don't believe me then go into VR.

Talk about what you know about.
  19. Zotamedu

Oh, the C4 is fine as it is now when they made it disappear on death. Sure it's annoying having your MAX blown to bits by a single C4 as soon as you exit the teleporter room in a bio lab but most of the time, you can avoid it if you are smart. I watch the roofs a lot when I play in bio labs because I know how much LAs like to camp there. I rarely get a kill because not even the mercies are accurate enough at that distance but I often hurt them which scares them off. Also, stay away from the walls. Running around hugging a wall is asking to get C4 dropped on your head. Even worse if you are standing still. Just as running straight into a cap point or into a just flipped spawn room is asking to get blown up my a mine.

I have shot down plenty of LAs trying to drop C4 on my MAX because I make a point out of keeping an eye on the sky as well.
    • Up x 1
  20. makrome

Why not restrict grenade throwing distance to 5 meters ?
    Sounds like fun and lots of weapon locks.