A Mattherson take from a Connery VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Kaserai

Ok - the server can be summed up in one word. BROKEN.

A native Connery VS, and a part of the DPSO outfit, I frankly did not understand why there were so many cry babies on the forums about mattherson. I mean REALLY? Could it be that bad? Ive heard of nothing like "God mode cheats" and "Massive 4th faction switches" on Connery.
    On the other hand, I had never visited Mattherson in the first place. Here is my documentary of my 1 hour playing TR.

1-10 minutes: VS holds 40% of Indar - TR heavies are spamming strikers at everything that moves

10-20 minutes: Alert begins. I join the front against the NC

30-40 minutes: I report 8 alleged aim botters. NEVER have I encountered people like this

40-50 minutes: VS goes from 32% to 45% faction population.

50-60 minutes: I get tired of reading the rage in chat and log out

I feel your pain mattherson players. Im sorry. Back to Connery for me
    • Up x 4
  2. TeknoBug

When PS2 launched I rolled VS on Connery and was disgusted at horrible they were so I rolled on Mattherson, now I'm disgusted at how much of a crap server it is and been enjoying my time back on Connery.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kaserai

Yeah Connery became good when the Helios server was merged with Connery. Several good VS outfits from Helios REALLY improved the faction
    • Up x 3
  4. TeknoBug

My NC was on Helios before the merg, that server had some REALLY good fights on weekends.
    • Up x 1
  5. JKooL

This is why we call Mattherson "Hard Mode". ;)

Sorry you couldn't hack it on our MLG pro server.
    • Up x 1
  6. Corporate Thug

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a decently skilled character on Connery. Out of all the U.S servers Connery is by far the most balanced and skillful server. There is fighting on all of the continents and no one faction always has an advantage. Even though we lost a good bit of players on Connery it is still one of the few places where Planet Side 2 shines.
  7. tyronemmg

Stopped reading there. Connery must be easy mode if you 'encountered' 8 hackers in 30-40 minutes lmao, I've probably seen less than 8 aimbotters since September.
    • Up x 2
  8. BaronVonVirtu

Connery is not a very enjoyable server to play on to be honest, especially for someone coming from Mattherson. We've played it on alt faction times on numerous occasions as TR and the best way we've been able to describe it is as the "trailer footage server" as everyone pulls massive armor columns for every base no matter how insignificant it is and how little ESRL's are used. It's always a game of who puts the most tanks around the spawn room. I've never seen a galaxy drop, but I'm sure as hell seen stalemates been two random bases for hours that shouldn't ever happen.

Connery TR also has roleplaying commanders or something.
  9. EWarren

I think Connery had the same players as the old Emerald / Markov servers from PS1 - similar people / outfits / rivalries
    • Up x 1
  10. Nerd Mode

Yea, at least more than a few TR and NC players from Mattherson have either quit the game or have begun playing full time on another server. If this snowballs, the VS tryhards on Mattherson won't have anyone to fight. Of course, even with the numbers clearly showing blatant population imbalance, the VS will deny it, claiming their superior skills win all those alerts. /lol
    • Up x 2
  11. Xae

Connery has the best (auto) erotic mil-sim Roleplaying in command chat.

No other server can measure up.
    • Up x 1
  12. THUGGERNAUT

stay on mattherson, the vanu infested ghetto. we could use less of you purple fools on glorious connery.
  13. NoctD

Don't worry - if anyone has to worry its the poor souls on Waterson. I think its just a matter of when, not if, the two servers get merged.

Mattherson is the absolute dung hole server for PS2, with the lowest forms of players on it. It does have a lot of good players too, but is rife with cheating, hacking and other stuff you just never see elsewhere is the PS2-verse.

Connery is a ball of crazy at times, but so much less hate and so much more just people playing PS2 the game, nothing more, nothing less.
    • Up x 2
  14. MilitiaMan

Yeah, most outfits went to Connery with a few to Mattherson.

Personally, I find people on Connery to be far more challenging to kill than Mattherson or Waterson.
  15. Sebastien

It's because he plays VS and never has to contend with FCRW so doesn't know what Hardmode means.
  16. Vanudrax

Mattherson is THE server if you want challenging gameplay in PS2. We take big, walk big, and carry a huge f'ing stick. Some people can't handle the trash talk. That's cool. Some people need that kind of "great job everyone, you tried your best so your all winners" kind of gameplay. You're not going to find that on Mattherson. This is the adult server. No trophies for second place here.

I've played on all the US servers. There are some very good players on the others. But nothing like what we have here. I see outfits and players on the other servers who do things that simply would not be possible on Mattherson, because if they tried that here they would be destroyed again and again. Mattherson players, and outfits are simply top notch. Whether VS, TR or NC, no other server has the same level of talent.

Go ahead, flame me. But if you ever want to improve your score, come play on Mattherson for a while, then go back to your old server. Going and playing on Waterson or Connery for me is like playing against bots.

Mattherson = Hard Mode
    All the rest = New to FPS games? Play here to begin your adventure.
    • Up x 7
  17. ElCreepo

Right on, dude. Completely the opposite of my experience, but hey, right on.

When I play on Mattherson, it's usually "sit on top of a tower, drop an ammo pack, and kill poeple with an UBGL for 45+ minutes, because nobody ******* looks up." I get away with **** on Mattherson that I would never get away with on Connery.
  18. TeknoBug

Mattherson isn't hardmode compared to Miller, almost every fight on Miller is pretty tough. Europeans are pretty much gung-ho gamers.

And if you say Connery is easymode... heh, Waterson and Woodman and among others are but Connery isn't one.
    • Up x 1
  19. Mustarde

The Black Widow Company will never back down. Bring on the purple wave, our extended magazines are loaded and waiting to mow it down with a sea of Red.
    • Up x 2
  20. Negator

character link? And yeah, Connery is bot land. Matherson has its share of tools, but nothing like the mindless atmosphere connery has.

EDIT:

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428016813489437697/weapons

Quite the evidence Creepo has here.