[BUG] Grenade launcher exploit wasn't fixed, now it's even worse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Aug 3, 2013.

1. DMan6505

The exploit that allowed players to use the under-barrel grenade launcher to kill players behind shields wasn't fixed as stated. The "fix" made is so almost every weapon with a splash damage can now harm players behind shields. This includes: Tank shells (HE + HEAT), rocket launchers, lasher, grenades, mines, lolpods etc.
    Previously I used to take videos of the exploiters and open a ticket against them, now I don't even use /report, seeing how it doesn't help. There are players that literally used this exploit for months (and not by accident) to get easy kills, and nothing has been done against them.
    I would really like to hear soe's statement on this situation, because right now I really feel like I'm wasting my time reporting these exploiters.
  2. gigastar

I experienced this yesterday but i thought it was the shield rendering exploit again.

At any rate, i shall equip the Python HE again and check it out in more detail later on.
  3. DMan6505

The shield renders fine, there is a specific, yet easy way of shooting a weapon with blast damage to cause this exploit.
    I won't describe exactly how to do it for obvious reasons.
  4. VanuSovereignty

This is why you don't sit in the spawn room. If you are camped in the spawn and are not getting large amounts of reinforcements you should be leaving the base and going somewhere else, getting ready to defend.
    • Up x 3
  5. DMan6505

If you have even 2 HE vehicles spamming the shield and killing everyone inside how do you even supposed to get out?
    This is not the case, and clearly not a reason to exploit.
  6. Goretzu

FYP.

The idea that going to another place makes any difference (unless others redeploy from somewhere else - in which case they may as well do it to the base you are in orginally) is plain silly.
    • Up x 2
  7. VanuSovereignty

You can hold off a force that has superior numbers assuming you are more coordinated and have better positioning. The pass up to Hvar North from Quartz Ridge is a very good location for this.
  8. DMan6505

So feel free to redeploy every time someone is exploiting in any base other than these 2.
  9. KAHR-Alpha

That one also seems to have been made worse since GU13, several times I was within usual render distances for the shield, yet it wasn't showing at all on my screen.
  10. GhostAvatar

The fact that you think this is silly, just goes to show the lack of creative game play on your part. Last week my squad mates and me managed to crush an enemy platoons sized tank zerg that was spawn camping us and halted the zergs advance. We did this by redeploying to the next base over and hitting them from behind, before they even finished the cap on the previous base. By the time they started to move to the next base, they were half their original size. The other half advanced on us and never made it to the next base. This resulted in them foot zerging from base to base. By that time all the randoms that were spawn camped with us in the previous base, where spawning at the new base. Needless to say, the foot zerg was easily pushed back.

Why? Because we decided to move when spawned camped, instead of staying and being farmed.
    • Up x 4
  11. IronWarrior

Well, it's a nice way to make players leave the spawn room.

But am guessing this is why am getting kills with my Fury/Mard when shooting at Spawn rooms, seems to always happen at X and Y angle, though I can't be sure because I can't see the players am hitting from this angle, maybe they are popping their bodies out just enough or not.

It's all good though.
  12. DMan6505

Nice to hear that but please stay on topic.
  13. Jryder

I am baffled as to why people think that this is an exploit, and specifically as to why they tie it to UBGL's. Granted, I haven't been playing since Day One of Beta, but I don't recall when HE didn't splash through shields. As long as I have played, tanks/aircraft/Inf have been shooting and throwing HE against spawn shields...so how is this an 'exploit' that people are just now noticing? Even if a player simply spawns and instantly runs out of the spawn, how does anybody except a bonifide day One-battle One newb NOT catch some HE splash in the spawn?

And just how does one try to prevent this supposed 'exploit'?

Even if it were possible to get every single Inf to stop throwing/shooting grenades and rockets at spawn shields (and it isn't...) you will NEVER get tanks/aircraft to comply in the slightest-they profit far too much from spamming spawns. I've been hit with bullets through spawn shields too, Should we eliminate all firing on spawn shields? Do you expect attackers to voluntarily not shoot at exits and therefore allow defenders to freely escape and counter attack with no attempt to kill them? What should the Safe Zone-No Fire zone be for spawn exits? How exactly are attackers to measure this 'No Fire Zone' so as not to 'exploit'?

It's a ridiculous notion. In fact, It's beyond ridiculous-it's absurd to even consider it.

If this were an unintended design problem, then it will only be solved by SOE making spawn shields truly impenetrable to splash damage. Writing support tickets trying to get players banned for perfectly legal activities in which ALL players engage to some degree is just lame.

I don't like taking splash damage inside a protected spawn either, but the idea that this is in some way an 'exploit'-and one practiced by every single player in the game no less-stopped being rational after the first few times it happened on my first day of playing.

If this is truly a design flaw, fix the shields...and until they do, lobbing HE at shields is impossible to regulate and completely legit.

If it's not, stop complaining about it and trying to get innocent players in trouble.
  14. Goretzu

I've never once redeployed and changed the fate of a base.

The only thing that ever chances the fate of a base is reforcement, and they would change the fate of the base if they deployed TO the contested base never mind an adjacent base.

Yes you can redeploy, lay a few mines, find a nice snipiing position/turret, but none of that will save the next base if you are outnumbered.

And indeed yes if 50% of the zerg that attacked you at base A goes to base B, yes you might win, but then if only 50% of the Zerg had been at base A in the first place you'd likely not have lost it in the first place.

Nothing "magical" happens when you redeploy - nothing.
    • Up x 2
  15. Goretzu

Yeah, fair enough in a few places you might gain a terrain advantage, but those are few and far between.
  16. HadesR

You see it's not just as simple as that .. The exploit only works from certain angles .. some random tank spamming the front of the shield has very little chance of triggering it .. But those players who purposely set themselves at Y angle to purposely cause damage to those inside know damn well what they are doing ...

Those innocently spamming shells at shields = Legit
    Those knowingly using the splash dmg to hurt those inside = exploit

And yes the game has loads of the former ..

GM's response in another thread

And you don't need me to tell you what " Using a bug to gain an advantage is "
    • Up x 2
  17. IamDH

Irrelevant.
    Its like someone kills you in your WG then you say "you shouldnt have been in the WG"

I experienced this bug yesterday
  18. Trebb

I've been on the giving end of this. I was on the curved metal roof in the bio-lab, and if I aimed JUST SO with UBGL, and at the perfect angle of just one of the windows, I would get the hit marker.

I did this over and over, thinking that someone was just being cheeky and trying to poke out and launch a rocket. Until the /yells came, then I realized it was buggy and stopped like a responsible gamer. You really can't argue that it's intended. They've already claimed to 'fix' it, so it's considered broken. Don't abuse it! I still camped the morans popping out, but from a legit angle.
  19. BlackbookPS

I watched a guy on a Twitch stream firing HE rounds at the enemy spawn room.

I could see exactly where he was aiming.

He was not firing at any enemies just pounding a shield and getting splash damage and then kills.

He parked his ******y *** on a minor hill and pounded away.

After the spawn **** was over he showed off about getting 17 spawn room kills.

I called him a spawn ****** camping ****** and left the stream.

A complete cheater!
  20. Iridar51

Had a funny expirience recently. Mostly off topic.

Played really late at night, like 50 people online on the whole server. So I was defending all alone from enemy tanks and infantry >10 players. All I could do is sit in the spawn room and shoot through the shields, while constantly bombarded by tanks and shot by infantry.
    Funny thing is, they saw they couldn't damage me, yet still were shooting. I think I racked up at least fifteen kills before redeploying and logging out. Hilarious.