Post GU13 - Infiltrators now completely invisible to low graphics users

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ih8Darian2, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ih8Darian2

Here's a direct quote from the GU13 notes:

"Cloak Shader Changes
    The low graphic settings cloak is now less grey and more transparent."

This was completely called for, because it was too unfair for infiltrators because you could easily see them cloaked on low settings pre GU13. However, they have become completely invisible.

CQC infiltrators are supposed to cloak, and then uncloak right by enemies to get the jump on him. But to keep this fair, infiltrators are somewhat visible while cloaked, so if the enemy sees the infiltrator cloaked, most likely the infiltrator will die. But if the enemy doesn't see the infiltrator in time, the enemy will likely die. However, post GU13 those with low graphics have no chance in seeing the infiltrator, which is not fair.

Here are some screenshots of what a wraithed flash looks like in different overall graphics settings, I used a wraith flash because I didn't have a friend on so I couldn't use him to cloak, and the flash doesn't seem to turn into a purple cloak:

Overall Graphics Settings: Very Low
    [IMG]

Overall Graphics Settings: Low
    [IMG]

Overall Graphics Settings: Medium (Notice how you can now somewhat see the cloak)
    [IMG]

Overall Graphics Settings: High
    [IMG]

Overall Graphics Settings: Ultra
    [IMG]

How do you guys feel about this?
    • Up x 4
  2. Tekuila

Excellent change.
    • Up x 28
  3. NinjaTurtle

Yeah, they should do something in about 9 months, about as long as low res users had an advantage over infiltrators pre GU13
    • Up x 12
  4. Remonew

from glow in the dark ghosts to total invisibility :confused:

well at least this makes infils' lives easier, it will probably take another few GUs to sort out.
  5. IronWarrior

Good.

IT should had always been this way.
    • Up x 14
  6. Zerran

We need to keep track of how often this flip flops. This has happened quite a few times as I recall. :rolleyes:
  7. Konfuzfanten

No more low settings crutch: good!

Now they just need to remove lower settings all together. Play ultra or go home.
    • Up x 2
  8. Joram

Well, before i couldn't even play as infil because people shoot me in the face at 50 meters while i was cloaked, hope this same guys have fun while i kill them now because i'm totally invisible.
    • Up x 5
  9. ih8Darian2

Really? As I recall it's been the same way for months
  10. Haruk

Oh good, now complaints will be that high settings users can see cloaked infiltrators.

I fail to see the difference between the infiltrator shaped grey blobs, and a shimmering apparition proclaiming "Bullets go here plz" Bullets still go there, you're welcome.

What does a cloaked infiltrator on low settings look like when it's moving? They've always been pretty damn invisible while stationary anyway.
  11. qwertyqwerty

I has seen it at day when I uninstall ps2)) I dont believed my eyes)))
    In fact stupid. I dont like high or ultra settings only because they do many items annoying and bright and in fact its more slow reaction.
    I think every player must have choice to play like he want. I dont need epic picture in shooter.
    • Up x 1
  12. ih8Darian2

I'll take a video as soon as my friend gets on
  13. Izzy

But wait, this is just the wraith vehicle cloak, right?

The regular infiltrator cloak on just the person is still visible a bit, right?
  14. ih8Darian2

No, same effect as infantry cloak. I just didn't have anybody to screenshot (Like I said, I'll take a video of that soon)
  15. Serell

Yeah man I'm sure if they just removed low settings a lot more players would totally play so we could have bigger battles :rolleyes:
    Oh wait, no, the opposite would happen, battles would be smaller since less people could play and the game would suck since its only niche are giant battles.
    • Up x 8
  16. IamDH

101 ways how to kill planetside
    • Up x 5
  17. IamDH

@OP I think you need to turn up render quality
  18. HadesR

;) looks fine to me

But TBH it should look like it does on Medium on all settings IMO .. How it was before on low was totally FUBAR ..
    If they can't fix it and given the choice between how it is now and how it was, then it should stay how it is ..
    • Up x 2
  19. ih8Darian2

Hm? Why?
    I agree with this, the way it was before was just totally out of hand, but it is also pretty unfair now.
    Even if they make it barely visible, as in you have to be less than 3 meters away to notice the cloak, I'm okay with that
  20. PieBringer

I can't wait to get in-game to see how many crutch-users have such a more difficult time detecting cloakers.
    Or aimbot right for heads, but that's a whole different can of worms.
    • Up x 1