GU13 Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Torok, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Torok

/discuss

no but seriously.. the Jetpack feels off... weaker and slower, both drifter and jump jet... Q.Q Soe!
    you gave us so much with the new Esamir but how are we supposed to play it like this.
    • Up x 2
  2. RogueComet

*sigh* did their "bug fix" where we can't combine strafe and forward go through? I can't tell... need ppl to test.
  3. VonGrimm

I just posted in the game play bugs, but the drifter jets no longer give a speed bonus on flat terrain after GU13.
    • Up x 1
  4. paradroid

Just did a quick test on combining Jump Jets with Jump pads, I seem to be getting the same distance as Pre Gu13 using this trick, (breathes a sigh of releif)
  5. Paqu

Well thats interesting. So the bug that the nerf was supposed to fix didn't change, but now drifters suck on ground level and you cant get any extra speed by going downwards with JJ or DJ... Nice!
    • Up x 1
  6. RogueComet

I'm confirming this. Adding it to the NERF list now. *sigh* I am really starting to HATE SOE for the crap they are putting LA through.
    • Up x 5
  7. WookLordz

this is ******* stupid. why would they take away abilitys for the least played class
  8. RogueComet

I'm actually of the opinion that almost none of the devs play LA very much. They probably don't realize that they are doing when they "fix bugs" or "change game mechanics." It is sad really. They should hire one of us (or 3? one for each faction) to give some good opinions about the stuff they do.
  9. ZephyrBurst

The drifter jets not boosting speed on the ground looks to be a bug, just report it and it'll get fixed.

That IS a bug fix. It's a bug in any game that allows this.

I'm pretty sure through the lot of them, they play all the classes. They play it fairly often. I mean look at how much time Malorn has on his dude.
    • Up x 1
  10. WookLordz

I'm sorry, but what? I suppose you're referring to the "Laws for every game mechanics: 3rd edition"

I guess diagonal walking is a bug too.
  11. WookLordz

I don't get it. I guess for a "fast flanking class" moving fast sideways is against the rules.
  12. ZephyrBurst

Was talking about diagonal movement granting extra speed. It was a flaw in the code and is almost always unintended.
  13. WookLordz

Seriously. Nerf weapons. Nerf whatever you want. Just stop ******* with the flight mechanics.
  14. WookLordz

Have you even tried out the drifters so you might know what we are talking about?
  15. Iridar51

Drifters on level ground are a joke, I crouch faster. And if there's so much as a dent in the floor, it slows the movement even further. This can't possibly be intended.

Jump Jets themselves didn't seem particularly slower to me, I even dare say - a littel faster with upwards thrust? But they did feel like I had like 30% less fuel.

I didn't get much playtime, as I now have crashes to destkop every 5 minutes, opposed to every hour pre-GU13.
  16. ZephyrBurst

Yes, and it seems fine.
    Jump Jets felt the same, Drifters felt a little different, hard to tell exactly, but nothing drastic. I can see getting the same performance out of them as before.
  17. Paqu

No offence but you have only played LA for 8 hours and its your least played class. So when you say drifters are little different I can say you have no idea what you are talking about. Difference on drifters is huge, they are now completely useless on ground level since you can walk as fast. While in flight you move slower than before.

On jump jets nothing changed when you are going upwards. But when you jump down from somewhere and tap the jet to move diagonally you no longer get any speed boost from that which is just stupid and doesn't make sense. So that means I cant get to places where Iam used to be able to get and Iam even easier target to shoot since Iam so damn slow.

Which makes things even funnier is the fact that I haven't seen anyone complain LA's being too fast. And they sure haven't been. The speed boost you could get while going diagonally was about 30% faster than you can run. And thats only when you keep going downwards the whole time. Your weapon gets the same bloom while in flight that you get while jumping so its not like I can just fly and shoot people. So yeah why the nerf?
  18. ZephyrBurst

Strawman arguments are the best. Although you're somewhat right. I typically always run with the jump jets since I prefer getting above my targets rather than the benefits the drifters give.

But...
    The drifters on the ground sounds more like a bug considering that was added a few updates ago and was noted in the patch notes. I would assume they would have mentioned in the patch notes yesterday if they decided to remove that feature of the drifter jets. Immediately screaming "IT'S A NERF! I HATE EVERYTHING!" seems shortsighted. They seem to break stuff with each update, it just needs to be reported to be brought to their attention.
    • Up x 1
  19. RogueComet

That statement alone speaks volumes. NOBODY has ever said anything negative about LA in this manner that I can remember. Part of me understands why they took Icarus Jets out, because it was so fast it caused warping of players. The way JJ were before GU13, this did not happen. I have tracked dozens of LA jumping down from towers and other locations, shooting them the whole way down. I never once saw this warp someone or cause them to be unable to be hit with a weapon. Players dropping in this manner were doing a daredevil maneuver where, yes, they sped up, but they also had a tendency to go SPLAT a lot more often than simple breaking on the way down did. Risk vs. reward in my opinion.

I have a feeling that drifters are bugged, like we told them they were on test (which they promised would be fixed... hahaha). Still it is very disheartening that any of these changes to the mechanics of the jets were put into the game. In no way did it "break" Light Assault or make them OP. It was one of our guiding features and now it has been taken away. *sigh*
  20. RogueComet

DUDE, the fact of the matter is Light Assaults have suffered from more nerfs than any other class. We are 100% justified in our anger. This change to the jet mechanics is completely unwarranted. They have been they way they have been for A YEAR and none of us can remember a single person really complaining about them. Saying "It was a bug" when it has been in the game for so long is nothing but an excuse to change the way a MECHANIC WORKS. They weren't broken, there was no reason to change them other than personal feelings. Well Light Assaults have feeling about the way their class should work too. FALLING plus jets, in the real world, would produce a speed boost. It's call gravity. That's now gone. Seems to me that they actually broke the jets with this so called fix. This is not a fix, it is a pure straight up NERF.

If we die just 1% more often from this change (entirely possible it could be much more than that), then we are just inches away from being the most broken class. You as an infiltrator would like that, but we as Light Assault players don't have that kind of narcissistic outlook on life. We like to think better of people instead of putting them down. That 1% more deaths would put us out of the range of the other classes where we are 'statistically similar'. We already die more than any other class but 1% is enough to pose a serious difference compared to the other classes.

"Lets make LA die more so they will score less too!" We are within inches of being the lowest scoring class as well. If we die 1% more often, it is entirely possible we will actually score less than any other class in the game. Just one percent can make that kind of difference. Yes, the speed NERF can easily add up to a 1% loss in our effectiveness. When talking about

Finally I want you to realize that Light Assault is also the 2nd most least played class. Those of us who do play it, thrive on the adrenalin pumping action we get with the speed that we had before GU13. If people pull the class less often (which could easily happen, it isn't as fun going SLOW, plus we aren't as effective which leaves people asking 'why bother pulling?') we will officially be the least used class as well.

Are you actually saying Light Assault should have the lowest score per hour?
    Are you actually saying that Light Assault, even though they are already killed more often than any other class, should be killed more often?
    Are you actually saying that Light Assault should be the least used class as well?
    If you answer YES to any of those..... *shakes head in sadness*
    • Up x 2