GU13 Light Assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Torok, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Paqu

Yes the drifters on ground might get fixed, but I doubt the speed nerf on JJ and DJ is not going to change.

Difference on speed isn't huge, but for us who has played LA from launch its going to make a quite a difference as you cant pull stuff you have been able to. And it doesn't work the way you are used to. So now if I want to get across the room I might as well just run instead of fly up on the roof and then diagonally going downwards while tapping the jet which used to let me go about 30% faster. That extra speed was usefull when you tryed to escape as if someone caught you mid flight you were skrewed.

Same thing with the drifters now. Even if they fix the gliding there is not much reason to drift if you are not going any faster than running. Simply because, like I said the bloom is so high you wont hit anything while drifting so its better to be running and get caught by enemy that way since you can immediately stop and have a good accuracy.

Which leads to the fact that what is the point even playing LA with drifter when I can just play HA instead and have almost 2x more health than my opponents?

When I said that LA is your least played class my point was that with your fairly little experience with the class you dont propably see the difference. I saw it immediately and it pisses me off. Its bit the same if they would reduce the infiltrators (which seems to be your favourite class) running speed by 20% while cloaked. I might say there is little to no difference, but Iam pretty sure you would disagree.
    • Up x 4
  2. S0LAR15

I was in a tank where an LA tried to jump from a tower above us to C4 us, he didn't make it anywhere close and was so slow, he ran out of fuel and dropped right infront of my Saron and I one shotted him. I lol'ed. He would've made it before np, greater speed and range on the jets used correctly.

I'm not playing LA anymore; the fun is gone, the edge you could use in combat is gone, and the team utility and usefulness along with it. You've got the worst weapon class which doesn't even win in CQC vs shotguns everyone can have, or LMGs + shield and high RoF ARs. You're only going to C4 infantry in a tower with the LA now, and we know they're planning on nerfing C4. So don't waste certs in LA anymore.
    • Up x 2
  3. Messaiga

It would be quite saddening to see the LA nerfed even further. C4 should hopefully not get nerfed, and if it does then SOE should be prepared for a wave of raged LA's at their doorstep. I think that the speed of jump jets should definitely be increased so that we can actually move somewhat quick while in the air and not be as easy to hit, since we cannot hit a darn thing ourselves while mid-air.
    • Up x 1
  4. GloryAndPain

The 30% or so capacity nerf some have been mentioning I noticed in GU12, GU13 I noticed was not returned to pre12.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kayth

Hey man, I've read alot of your stuff while browsing the forums and I respect your opinion in regards to LA, but you are jumping to conclusions a bit.

ZephyrBurst really wasn't saying any of that stuff, what he meant is that it was honestly a bug in the game. It was suppose to be fixed for consistency of the game even at our expense. From a developer standpoint that may be more important. The result of the fix may or may not have been intended, therefore they will probably be switching it back.

I feel like SOE doesn't give this class as much attention as it deserves either, it is by far my most played class. At the same time just because we receive a nerf (either direct or indirect) doesn't mean they are out to get us. I'm sure they plan to buff us in the future, but probably not soon enough.....
  6. TheSeer

Even if it was a bug, it wasn't game breaking and they didn't have to change it. I mean do people really complain about the diagonal movement speed of light assaults? Sometimes things don't need to be fixed, spy crabs anyone?
    • Up x 1
  7. urida

So this wasn't intended, i hope, as a nerf to LA. It was meant as a bug fix. However end result is that LA maneuverability got hit. Hopefully when they take a look at the Light Assault for a revamp they will notice all the terrible changes that have happened to the LA and do something about. Possibly against my better judgement, i will remain hopeful.
    • Up x 1
  8. Corezer

This.

I don't play la any more.

I'm not the best, but I was happy if I could keep my session over 2.5
    Now it's a struggle to keep over 1.2

My gameplay has devolved into trying to swat mossies with a Phoenix for an hour, then logging off and watching the paint dry...
    • Up x 2
  9. Wolfwood82

You know Comet, you remind me a lot of the editor of the Daily Bugle in Spiderman comics. Or the crazy hobo on the street corner with a sign that says "the end is near!".

You dig through all kinds of minor game tweaks and if you can connect it somehow to a nerf to LA, you do so. Never mind that a lot of your "nerf list" helps the class out just as much as it nerfs it. All you are really doing is killing the morale of the LA player base, and inciting players into a frenzy about what literally amounts to nothing at all.

I've wanted to say that for a very long time.
  10. RogueComet

Ah I see myself as someone who likes to look at a bigger picture than most people. I'm convinced that SOE is trying to push Light Assault towards a need to play more as a group, instead of being more solo-oriented, but nobody has come out and said so. Actually I'm very frustrated in general with how little feedback we seem to get from SOE in this section of the forum, as well as the treatment that they give Light Assault. To go from Higby saying it was one of the classes that needed the most work, to nothing like we currently have on the roadmap (unscheduled might as well be nothing, since it now goes to January.)

Does it have me upset to see them changing things that impact my favorite class in a negative way? You bet it does. I've already decided not to give SOE any more of my money once my current amount of SC runs out.

I find it funny though that you talk about me digging through game tweaks when this, GU13, is a direct nerf to LA's jump jets. Was pretty easy to find, even if they didn't publish it. Plus I really don't see how those nerfs on the list help the class more than it hurts it. Most of the things I refer to on there are much more negative than any kind of positivity we could get out of them. Some are misunderstood too though I suppose (like the spotting mechanics changes, I've seen the direct effect before-after and it is difficult to put in only a few words.)

Still... I'm tired of how they treat LA, yes. I've begun playing other classes a lot more and my effectiveness in battle has gone WAY UP compared to when I run LA most of the time. HA get more hp plus ranged AV. Medics can heal and rez. Engineers can repair plus turrets and ammo. LA get jets, and that's it. We are lacking, pure and simple. Honestly if they treated LA a bit better I'd probably forget to update the nerf list. But... nope. LA doesn't get treated nice by SOE.
    • Up x 1
  11. S0LAR15

Honestly, like I said, you're only going to be using LA for C4 infantry farming.

The speed of the jets and the moves you could pull off with it was pretty much LAs only remaining (prior to GU13) combat edge. Now that is definitively gone. For actual combat you won't pull LA. For flanking yea, when you can squad deploy or beacon to where you want to go. Even then flanking hasn't been any use in real terms for a long time. You can't go and sit somewhere and pick off targets, it's not really viable when your Carbine drops soo much damage over distance. You gotta go in close, and that means, when you're flanking, contending with stronger CQC classes, detection, mines, superior numbers.....it's all well and good some dev (I forget who) saying "flanking is powerful", which it obviously is, but if you make the trade off for flanking too extreme, then it's not really worth it.

I thought, I'd still use LA with the walls on esamir bases. But no, it's easy enough to just drop pod where you need to go, and be a HA, million times more useful.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kayth

**** just got real.
  13. NaySayer

Bump
    Not that soe cares...
  14. Torok

yesterday on Pts the light assault jetpack like it had even less fuel than it has now on Live servers... hope this GU14 won't screw it even more..

it was only an impression but you know... one never knows with all these stealth tweaks
  15. DeadliestMoon

The speed boost Drifter Jets give you was missing when GU13 came into play, but they are fixed on the PTS (or at least it seems to be) and I assume it will go live with GU14
  16. NaySayer

I still don't get why this unwarranted la nerf was implemented.... Why it wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes.... A reply please devs?? anyone?
  17. RogueComet

When it was pointed out that we noticed it on the test server, it was mentioned as "a bug fix." *sigh* I'll cry BS on that one. It is a direct nerf to the abilities of the Light Assault, pure and simple. The fact of the matter is, nobody was complaining about how we worked before the "fix" yet there have been LOTS of complaints after the "fix" about how it has brought LA down to a very low level. SOE really messed up with this one. They really had no reason to do what they did, it isn't like LA was over-performing.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ganjis

I have been playing a fair bit of LA today and noticed a couple of odd things with JJs. That old chestnut is back where 1/3rd of your fuel instantly goes when you activate (intermittent). Ofttimes the missing fuel comes back in one go after you land. By bursting your jets you can sometimes keep airborne with normal JJs longer than you used to (a combination of the two prior bugs and latency confusing yor PC/the server into letting you fly longer perhaps).