Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Yosarian

You wanna know how to take care of harrassers? Tank mines, don't cluster in open areas...you're welcome.
    • Up x 2
  2. Grimfalcon77

If they nerf the Harrasser (read: The only fun vehicle other than tanks left in the game that isn't just a glorified "faster than walking" item), I hope they're girding their loins for a wave of people finally putting PS2 to pasture.

I dearly hope SOE stops letting the forums dictate development. The galaxy is a glorified bus, Liberators are target practice, ESF's are there to give a reason to roll TR, MAX's are PS2's w+m1 and GU11 makes giant tank battles look like a powerpoint presentation.

I want to put on a blonde wig and get a camcorder and tell people to leave the Harasser alone. It's the only thing my squad logs in for anymore.
  3. Yosarian

Come to think of it, if you're in an open area without cover, you're doing it wrong, or should be expecting to die to a harrasser, a tank, a stealth flash running you over, a lib, rocket pods, snipers, dumbfire rocket noobs, random frag nades, random aircraft wreckage, stealth smg infils....ummm aka planetside
    • Up x 2
  4. LynxFury

A lot of my outfit would agree with that as well-- free roaming fun machines and hit and run tactics sure beat the heck out of lattice restricted mosh pit battles any day.

(am I the only one who watched "Rat Patrol!" growing up?)
    • Up x 1
  5. COMI

Meh, while i don't care if it gets nerfed or not I will say i do think they are fairly OP. I was in my lightning and a harasser with A vulcan melted away more than hlaf of my hp and bugged out before i could even put a full salvo into him, then was back within a few seconds and finished me off. Im not an amazing player per se but im no ****. The ease with which i was owned was a bit too much imo.
    • Up x 1
  6. Grimfalcon77

I would like this 100x if the forums allowed me.
  7. Grimfalcon77

I think what modern FPS players need to be careful of though is that just because one guy in a harasser got the advantage on you doesn't necessarily mean the harrasser is over powered.
  8. Vortok

• Up x 1
  9. COMI

except a guy in a light vehicle with super speed and boost should not be able to melt away most of your hp in a few second and be gone. That is acceptable in infantry combat but not in vehicle combat. And what does modern fps player mean exactly? Ive been playing css since before 1.6 and i enjoy a full range of fps games ranging from old school to modern. That has absolutley nothing to do with balance. There is a fundamental flaw in logic when a light "transport" Vehicle can out both out dps, out maneuver AND have more survivability than an a specifically purposed light assault tank. Especially when my tank has a fully certed combat chasy, side armor, and reload upgrade. I can own heavy tanks with my lightning, yet against a half decent harasser crew i don't stand a chance.
    • Up x 3
  10. Grimfalcon77

So, just so I'm clear, you're 100% OK that your light vehicle with higher speed can own a heavy tank? But you're not ok that your tank can be owned by a lighter vehicle with higher speed ?

Just want to make sure I'm not mistaking the obvious humor in that.

Maybe that MBT pilot thinks we should nerf lightning tanks since that's obviously a sign lightnings are OP.
  11. COMI

Well im glad you can be a ********. YEs when i use my AV loadout with upgraded everything and face a heavy tank with one pilot i can own them. Unless the pilot is decent in which case its a loosing battle. Even if u wanna take that away from my post instead of what i was trying to convey your logic applies doubly. Because if lightning needs to be nerfed against an mbt and harasser need to be nerfed against lightning.. Then HOOOOOLY CRAP the harasser need a major Nerf cause poor MBTs are **** out of luck. Lightning were made for a verity of purposes av being one. They were given certain advantages and some disadvantages. Harassares on the other hand surpass tanks in almost every aspect. And they are TRANSPORT VEHICLES! Once again they are called HARASSERS. NOT destroyers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Grimfalcon77

I'm guessing that Harasser had an AV loadout just like you have with your lightning. Unless they killed you with the out of the box Harasser. Than, I concede my previous proclamation that you're being hypocritical and instead, we need to nerf the Basilisk starter turret.

As well, are you implying you'd be ok with Harassers available AV abilities if they were named Destroyers?

Also, caps diminishes authority of written voice and creates the illusion of overreaction or anger.
  13. Zar

then he sucked ? or you did xD funny thing people always think oh its the weapon can't be me I am god I can't be bad! 85% of the time its the meat behind the keyboard learn to lead targets
    • Up x 1
  14. Zar

15. Grimfalcon77

Very true. Seems the trend in gaming that if "I'm not able to emerge victorious in every scenario, it's not fair."
  16. LameFox

That light vehicle costs as much as your lightning and needs two people just to shoot and move at the same time. Also a free HA with a default launcher can still knock the hell out of a lightning, then just take cover to reload. Hell I've had a VS MAX with the lancer-based arms and ZOE hit top armour on an MBT and take that to slightly above half HP from full. An ESF will still hurt like hell too even post-armour-buff and moves faster than the buggy, higher than you can aim if it knows what it's doing.

It's really not an issue with buggies, just a combination of what things are like in this game, and lightnings being left behind slowly as other things are buffed/introduced.
  17. Ivalician

Translation: My fun comes before overall game balance.
    • Up x 2
  18. Noodle!

While you think it's fun, many people are so frustrated they outright quit the game. I've heard a few whine about it in the game, of course, and the group I play with.

I'm an average player, and I think many here on the forums are quite much more skilled than the average player. The skillcap needed to kill with the harasser is far lower than the skillcap needed to effectively deal with one. I'm not saying that we should dumb it down for unskilled player, but I'm saying skill for skill the harasser wins.
    For players like me that are not top tier, it's a nightmare to hit it with anything and when I finally do hit it with a few tank AP rounds and my gunner gets a few Saron shots in, they just have an engineer repairing it and zoom away. The rapid fire of the vulcan and enforcer makes it so they don't have to be pinpoint accurate and even if it takes a while to kill a MBT they've got that time due to their speed.

Far from all situations can apply to the "counters" mentioned here.

I know that dumbing stuff down can hurt the game, but as it is now the harasser is pretty much the one thing in planetside that makes us (the ones I play with) just sigh and want to leave the game forever. Battles tend to be amazing and fun (even when losing and we have to draw back), until harassers enter the picture.

I've got no good solutions how to deal with it, I'm not a game designers and I don't pretend to know the nuances. All I know is that my feelings as a player is wanting to log off as soon as I see harasser hordes, and it's got nothing to do with losing (which I gladly do) and everything to do with a sudden lack of fun.
    • Up x 2
  19. Booface

You need crew for it to operate effectively, versus the Lightning and Flash which are 1-man vehicles, and MBTs which are usually 1-man vehicles. Harassers are what MBTs should have been.
  20. Stride

I've been keeping an eye on the differences between speeds and damage for a while when it comes to tanks and harassers. You could say I have been observing and trying to understand why harassers seem overwhelming at times. The thing about harassers that make them too good in my opinion is not their health, armor, or even the third seat rather their extreme turning capabilities and traction.

This may sound ridiculous to harasser enthusiasts but I am completely serious. Just compare a flash to a harasser in the VR and you will understand what I mean... A harasser can make sharp turns and maintain high friction with the ground where as a flash would turn much slower, spin out, or even flip over at times.

Why exactly should a larger bulkier vehicle moving just as fast as an ATV have so much more control than an ATV aka all terrain vehicle which ironically is the hardest vehicle to control on bumpy terrain. A driver in a harasser should have to work just as hard as a flash driver does to maintain cover and speed moving around the terrain.
    • Up x 3