Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Jeslis

They are just fine.

2man Buggy with its speed is balanced to be able to kill a 2man MBT in a no cover, flat ground environment..

Perhaps I should preface this by also stating it was an NC using the enforcer (The halberd with a 10shot clip)

Perfectly balanced.

I don't even think we got him below 50%..

(No one got the jump on either.. both knew the other was there.
    • Up x 5
  2. SgtBreastroker

Yes, they are.
    • Up x 9
  3. Zorro

They can withstand too much damage for their speed. They needs to be less durable in order to balance their speed and damage output. Flashes and lightnings simply do not have a chance against them.
    • Up x 43
  4. LT_Latency

They can take too many rocket hits for how fast they are IMO.
    • Up x 20
  5. Phrygen

Composite armor cert is not balanced

Repairing from 3rd seat is arguable.
    • Up x 27
  6. theholeyone

I agree.

And good thread, its nice to have threads every now and then which don't just call for nerfs or other negative things with little information at all.
    • Up x 1
  7. LoveYourKitten

Maybe you need a second gunner? Any gun the Harasser can mount, a MBT can mount as well + the main weapon. If it's a speed issue then you just need to learn how to lead your targets. Been driving a Harasser for a while now and the Vanguard + Enforcer is crazy combo against a crew who knows how to operate.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jeslis

I had a gunner.
  9. Owleyes

How many Lightnings have you Harasser drivers destroyed versus How many Lightnings killed you?

If, After thinking about that question, You still think Harassers are balanced then you are clearly biased and shouldn't be listened to on balance issues.
    • Up x 12
  10. korpisoturi

"They needs to be less durable in order to balance their speed and damage output".

are you talking about ZOE MAX ? oh wait ZOE is "balanced" :rolleyes: not like that horrible "OP" harraser what ANYONE can drive/gun.
  11. LahLahSr

Remove the Composite armor option and see how that goes. If that doesn't balance out the Harasser, then remove the "repair from the backseat" option next. By then, it should be properly balanced.
    • Up x 2
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

I would hope not. Both flashes and lighting are one man light armor. I would hope that a dedicated 2 man buggy with an AV weapon on the top beats out lone-wolf light armor.

IMO the harasser is fine. I think that the MBT is to weak (both in armor as well as firepower), but the harasser requires 2 people JUST to operate. It needs to have a significant effect on its Targets.
    • Up x 4
  13. Bill Hicks

They are balanced like vanilla WOW warriors in full naxx gear.
    • Up x 4
  14. UzumakiW

As much as I dislike people calling on nerfs for everything in the game, I'm going to have to agree with those saying they do have a bit too much armor for a vehicle that drives that fast and is that agile. Mix that with the fact you can have someone repairing it from the inside, and I understand why people are asking for some nerfs with this thing. I don't want to see it nerfed to the point where it's useless against anything, but I do think it needs a little work.
    • Up x 6
  15. Phazaar

Composite armour is lolworthy, but other than that I thoroughly believe they're well balanced, if irritating... Often, I find myself feeling... What's the word?... Harassed.
  16. Drealgrin

composite armor should slow down its top speed and acceleration.

There, balanced.
    • Up x 3
  17. Bankrotas

And I'm queen of england...
  18. soeguud

remove all harasser nade launchers = balanced.
    • Up x 1
  19. illgot

They have too much firepower for the damage they can sustain and on top of that they are the fastest ground vehicle in game.

Think of it in terms of the ZOE.

ZOE increased the maxes speed to that of a normal infantry unit and gave it a damage output increase up to 20% (not all weapons do 20% more damage). To balance this the ZOE also takes 30% more damage from all sources and glows bright pink making it easy to see.

The Harasser has about the same armor as a Lightning once certed, moves faster than the lightning and is in fact the fastest ground vehicle, is a 2-3 man vehicle allowing the driver to concentrate on driving and the gunner to concentrate on shooting, has very effective weapons, and even a back seat to allow a person to repair on the move.

Where is the Harassers down side? It can't fly?
    • Up x 6
  20. Kaesarr

The harasser is fun, but too much effective atm
    • Up x 3