Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Smeh

Not balanced! It is as someone drive with cheats.
  2. The King

Pretty easy to kill if you know how to hit em.
    They shouldn't kill you if you're in a Mbt.
    Unless, of course, you keep missing. Also, don't let em get your ***. I guess since I ride a magrider, they're easier, however, if I were using the prowler or vanguard, I can always hold a key and make em not shoot my ***. Now, if there was two, then yeah, it'll be much harder, as expected. 4 players vs 1-2... Usually though, I'm not a lone guy out there with my tank and with that, I am able to always kill the harassers.

However, I usually run a harasser and lone it up to harass. but there are a lot of dangers to it. If I see a lone tank out there, they're easy prey since I know for a fact, most people don't aim well. Those that do will come out on top. I usually have my brother gun for me and when he guns for other players, they said that he is the best gunner they have ever had. I will agree as we own most people out there. I wonder what will happen if I get a fury. lol

With all that said, if you're good, then you'll be good with whatever you have. If not, then you just need to work on it a bit. Since I feel that i am great, I haven't had a single harasser kill my tank when I have my brother as a 2ndary gunner. We did kill tons and tons of harassers though. Now, if I had a ****** gunner on the top, I'm sure i would have died a few times. So they're balanced.
  3. Bad News

Harasser takes 2 ppl to operate and MBT only one. So is it not fair that it is stronger? If you had a gunner on your MBT then you would have won easy.
    • Up x 2
  4. Epoch/Eep

All good 2/2 tank crews can destroy good buggy crews.

I get to be that harasser driver/gunner that people complain about. Thing is when we run into good tanks they are so dangerous. I do agree we might get away rather than die and so harasser might seem OP here. However, most good tank crews take cover and repair at this point and the fight starts all over again with us both at full HP.

Most lightnings and 1/2 tanks don't stand a chance though. We eat them up but then if we ran into that guy as infantry 1 v 2 we would eat em up also. I don't see an issue.

Imo the reason tanks hate on buggys is because its close range combat that you're not used to playing. Tank fights tend to be very long range encounters and so people think they are brilliant because they can snipe. Buggys ruin this play style for you. You have to bruiser tank and most of you are used to camping on a hilltop. So you suck at it.

You think your good because you have a 15/0 kd but u dont realise its friggin easy to do in a tank at long range. Thats the difference between good tank drivers and bad ones. The guys who can play up close are good players. The ones who snipe from hills are a bit crap but think they are good because of an artificial stat.

Its like rocket podders compared to dog fighters. You're the podders guys.
    • Up x 2
  5. Weirdkitten

Maybe you need to shoot your guns, not just point them in the enemies general direction? It isn't *that* hard to hit harassers even when going full speed :p
  6. MarkAntony

It's not balanced and if the devs know what's good for the game it'll get nerfed. If.....
    • Up x 2
  7. Sinoby

So, 2/3 harasser killed your MBT, because you missed it with your shots, or you had some horrid AI setup (like HE main cannon and cobalt?). And that is tbe reason, that harrasers are imbalanced? Aim better next time...
    And I do agree, that harasser needs some work (remove remair ability from the third sit). But not for the reason that good buggy crew can own bad tankers.
  8. KAHR-Alpha

I've had the displeasure of being hit by HE cannons with my harasser, and actually they hurt a lot.
  9. Sinoby

I know, but AP hurt even more, and it is easier to hit with AP (due to projectile speed)
  10. TeknoBug

HE aren't good against vehicles, sure they're a better option than the Bulldog or Fury or such but they require many rounds to take out most of the vehicles- 4 on a naked Harasser from a Magrider (3 from a Vanguard) whereas it'll need 6 Magrider HE rounds vs a full composite Harasser, the Harasser has all the time in the world to leave the area or repair due to the long reloads of HE. Nobody in their right mind bothers with HE anymore since the blast radius nerf anyways, especially the Lghtning HE which does piss poor damage now.
  11. IamDH

They are balanced and in a flat field the tank will win
  12. 660/12

I personally can't stand harassers because they reward twitch-style gameplay at the expense of coordinated tactics.
  13. Zenanii

They are slightly overpowered agaimst infantry, my max-composite armor max-smoke fury harasser literally can't be killed by infantry (except by mines, hate those).

However, they are perfectly fine against tanks. Lightnings SHOULD lose, you're fighting 1vs2, vehicle vs vehicle, of course you'll lose. A AP MBT have a very fair chance against a AV harasser if you're a good shot, if you lose with a 2/2 mbt you're plain bad.

Even after the resource increase they are still a minor factor (unless you're getting warpgated), what really decides most fights is manpower. As such, it is perfectly fine for a 2-man vehicle to measure up to a slightly more expensive 1/2 tank.
    Saying the separate gunner/driver setup somehow makes the harasser more powerful is a completely ******** argument btw. If they DIDN'T require a crew they would indeed be imbalanced, the crew requirement is currently the key balancing factor.
  14. Epoch/Eep

This is clearly how many tankers feel.

If you run into a twitch tanker and gunner when you're in a buggy. They practically instagib you. They are a bit rare though as tank players dont get into close range fights because if you do that "your doing it wrong". give them a few months fighting buggys and they will be good at both. Or they could whine like hell to get them nerfed instead. :)
  15. Jex =TE=

B-17 crews would disagree with you (10 man crew) .
    BF-109 Pilots would disagree with you (1 man crew).
    • Up x 2
  16. BarxBaron

I laugh when people cry that they lost a 2/2 MBT to a 2/2 harasser.

Talk about fail. They are much easier to hit then people think. If both you and your gunner fail that badly it's your own fault tbh.

If anything they just need to get rid fo the last level of composite armor. That is pretty much the only nerf I could see being justified.
  17. Zenanii

What are these B-17 BF-109 things you're talking about? Is it some kind of planned vehicle for planetside?
  18. 660/12

I'm not really a tanker much these days at all. . . tanks are essentially cert pinatas or spawn farming machines.
    • Up x 1
  19. lolitank

• Up x 1
  20. illgot

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!