Mattherson, Rejoice! The Enclave Has Quit!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LucMooncrest, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morticai

If there was no Buzz, the hacker might not have even stepped up to do anything. Remember, there was a ton of tension building up, until the Enclave huddled at the one-jump-pad farm and started insulting people for being unable to slip through walls of bullets.

People crack under tension, Buzz was providing plenty...the hacker got his name and went to work. Best part? He stopped only after the Republic lost the lock. Never saw him again. Literally the only time that one stepped in at such a crucial time.
  2. Xae

Other than the week where Movac was banned and TE had a pet hacking following them around?
  3. Drealgrin

hatred? No man, i love the guy. He's hilarious in the same way that tourettes guy is hilarious (bigotry and hate speech aside)

I only speak the truth, and you fanboys worship the ground he walks on! I guess that's sorta how all cults start right? You guys develop some weird emotional attachment to a man who berates you. Then you're his until he's done with you. Well, he's done now!
  4. Morticai

Strange that the profile for the hacker changed dramatically. They were obviously different people motivated by different causes.

...and if the Enclave really weren't such a problem, why would another hacker follow the Enclave?
  5. DamageKing

So you think that some person under the "tension" of ****-talking, went on google, downloaded cheats, created new char just to target BuzzCutPsycho.........yeah, sure. That hacker was there regardless, he just chose to name himself against Buzz, if there was no Buzz he would have different name. All you say is pure speculation and confirmation bias. But please, keep being delusional.
  6. DrEvilPenguin

I guess a lot of people must not care about the Enclave. (14) pages of not caring so far.

With 8000+ page views of indifference.
    • Up x 7
  7. ExarRazor

you're sadly mistaken if you think the enclave's exit from ps2 will affect the server in any way besides making fights more fun for everyone whos left.
    • Up x 3
  8. DamageKing

[IMG]

FUN
    • Up x 6
  9. Morticai

Yes, delusional, because I've found a connection and you've got nothing to go against it besides "It could have been this way instead."

That's not confirmational bias, that's fact against opinion. You're stating what could have been against what pretty much was. Now if you can provide the evidence to prove that this man intended to hack whether Buzz would have existed or not, please introduce me to mister Mallory, I'd love to go sliding into that dimension of factual events, the only place where you'd have a chance of being right for a change.

No, I won't leave it at that because Buzz didn't provoke a guy into bringing misery upon himself alone. He made everybody up there miserable besides the losers that enjoyed the dose of sadism. He got a guy angry enough to up and name his hacking character after him specifically. That didn't happen before, that didn't take a week of planning, that guy materialized the moment that battle had gone on for too long. The character was fresh, nothing suggesting a higher battle rank, nothing at all. He went and killed people with a stock weapon.

You don't like that? Then please, provide your evidence to prove that he had other targets intended before he went for Buzz.
    • Up x 1
  10. Diodeone

He paid people to play his account 24/7 while he ran a gun store. Maybe the hired help went on strike.
  11. DamageKing

Yeah man, you blame Buzz for everything, even for actions of others. That's all the proof I need for your confirmation bias/delusion. Hacking was rampant everywhere. VS was targeted, NC was targeted, TR was targeted. You just choose to remember only two instances where one of many hackers decided to troll a known outfit. That's all there is to it - trolling. If not for Buzz he would troll another outfit/person. It doesn't matter who, that hacker was hacking in the first place. But I guess it's hard to understand.
    • Up x 2
  12. JudgeDeath

This game aint about the MLG second grade BF3 clone ********. Some find it really intresting and meaninful but that aint the main focus of this game. If it ever will be then I will be heading out to play BF4 instead since it just does the combat in that scale better.

Main focus is the big battles and fight for the continents, It matters not how you do it as long as you succeed.
    • Up x 1
  13. Morticai

That's two too many, with a goal at that. That puts people in the crossfire of a stupid rivalry that never should have existed in the first place.

I'm still waiting for the evidence against that hacker. Different names planned and so on. Until you can provide that, the fact remains that Buzz was targeted at a time critical to the TR, and we lost a good deal because of it.
  14. DrunkenDoughnuts

Ahhh, so glad I'm not on Mattherson. Seems like many of the PS1 'elite' outfits went there, and this is the result; internet Dramaside. I thought the game was supposed to fun? Some people take the game way too seriously.
  15. Pat Cleburne

I've been very respectful of TE and BCP. So have many other Mattherson TR players and outfits. No need to start mud slinging at everyone on TR because a few players trash talked buzz.
  16. Alex Taldren

Oh, sorry. I didn't account for all the facts you presented to support your argument. You're delusional if you think losing roughly 600 players makes a game more fun. It might mean fewer tears or fewer hours with your therapist each week, but that's about it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Singed

Agreed. Say what you will about Buzz and his Zerg tactic, but it's important to realize that a significant amount of organization has just departed from Mattherson TR. TE was the 2nd largest TR outfit on the server after AOD, and probably the more effective of the two. If he is missed or not is not important, but an uphill fight just got harder.
    For a second NC and VS try and empathize. What if GOKU, GOON, or TEST just decided to pack up and leave. How would your faction fare?
    • Up x 1
  18. DrEvilPenguin

I love Buzz. He is my platoon lord and savior.

Every night I pray the "Our Platoon Leader"

"Our platoon leader, who art in teamspeak

Hallowed be Thy Buzz.

Thy lattice comes, Buzz's will be done.

Give us this day our daily certs

and forgive us for using hacks, as we forgive those who hack against us.

And lead us not into ghost capping, but deliver us into glory - amen."
    • Up x 7
  19. Morticai

Weren't you leaving?
  20. Tasogie

So you refuse to gang up an work together to defeat what was obviously a superior group of players?...

I am surprised you didn't all go to SOE an demand they be banned. In an FPS war game you cant work together as a unit an fight a stronger opponent....

lemmi guess why, because its easier for you all to farm little kdr against weaker opponents than fight someone who is capable of standing up for themselves...

sounds about right.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.