Are people here ever legitimitely complaining or just bad players whining?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arquin, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Juni

I agree with the majority in this topic, it is mostly just bad players whining.
    However, there are a few legit threads, but they are very few in numbers.
    I for one does not see why the nerf for ZOE is needed now that they are fixing the ADAD issue, I have killed plenty 1v1 as an Engineer, which is more than I can say 1v1 against a Hacksaw MAX.
    If I were to make a thread about nerf/buff, I'd make one about nerfing the Gauss SAW sniping ability, buffing the Battle Rifles across all factions and buffing the T5 AMC for the TR(Faster rate of Fire or higher damage, either one, not both).
    But I am not a gamedev, and I do not have access to the statistics of how well these weapons do in combat like they do.

Whiners are in every game, and sometimes the Devs have to bend over for them, which is to bad.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iota

Protip don't use the same example over and over again. Also don't put words in my mouth simply because you don't have a better argument. I can see how this update hurts you though. Less resources to spam your MAX and your magrider. When the dreaded time comes for playing as infantry, now you don't have a broken scope? Woe is you. It's why this update is so entertaining for me. All the low-skill players get a kick in the rear

Edit: Also trying to change the topic to the settings issue (which isn't a big deal) is a failed low blow. Anyone who's not vehemently trying to defend their cheap way to play, can see how broken NV is. The FPS and graphics advantage is miniscule compared to the scope in question.
    • Up x 1
  3. bodmans

SSSSSSHHH, now THEY know....

also @ OP, WELCOME TO FORUMSIDE
  4. Snib

It's quite normal to find mostly players with complaints on game forums. The players with nothing to complain about are busy playing the game.

Besides, obviously everything I complain about is legitimate and everyone disagreeing with me is just bad.

Welcome to ForumSide. :eek:
  5. c4r151

It's a bit of both really.
  6. DonRaphaelus

Well, Forumside is made of 90% of topics from people that got killed a couple or more times by the same weapon (ZOE, Saron, Phoenix, Reaver, Magrider, Mosquito, ScatMax, Fracture Max, and so on..) crying OMG X is OP! NERF NOW or I will stop playing and spending $400 to be better than the others every month.

When I play as ZOE, I got killed pretty fast, I dont really know what is the matter here. Saron? Well, its not just click as fast as you can to kill infantry, ir requires some skill to snipe with it.

I was killed countless times by strikers, scatmaxes, lock on rockets, shottys, C4. So what? You gotta die too! I kill too. I don't need to be a freaking superman, the main objective of this game is to have fun. For that to happen, you need to adapt to the changes.

So what that my HA cant go head on and kill a tank with 2 rockets anymore? So what that I have to take cover when there is ESFs in the area? Just organize and change tactics, plant AV mines, get air support, AA suport, and so.

I really dont understand why so much whining.

Get over it, dudes, spend more time playing and discovering new ways to attack and defend, counter-attack, instead of complaining.

Cheers
  7. Patrician

Why is that an issue? So long as the piece of equipment (what ever it is) is available to all classes and all factions what is the problem with everyone using the same? If you want to use some the the others that's fine, do so.
  8. VSDerp

ill say 90% is pure crying and complaining and 10% is constructive feedback.
  9. Kevorkian

It got nerfed because it was a required piece of equipment that virtually every loadout non-long range used. Lets not beat around the bush, it was far superior in target acquisition and didn't suffer from the same visual movement penalties as other sights/scopes. Everybody used it, hence why so few complained about it. Its gone now, time to relearn how to aim and shoot, and stop relying on a crutch. I personally, will miss it.
  10. Redshift

I don't understand why they decided to have a bash at the nicest scope to use rather than making the other sights less horrible.

People use the IRNV because the other scopes have horrible cross hairs and a load of vomit inducing screen shake and flashes.
  11. Tommyp2006

And this is where I leave the thread.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ash87

When it comes to complaints... I'd say it's 40% legitimate points, 40% factional bias, 20% bad players.

Even if someone says something you disagree with, that doesn't mean they are wrong, because you yourself are likely biased against what they are saying. The only threads I really comment on with weapon balance these days, are when either A.) It's being blown wildly out of proportion or B.) I have had time to test the options, pre and post nerf/buff.

I mean the shotgun nerf is damaging the NC, I don't think that increasing the range, justifies the damage nerfs, but I'm holding my final opinion until I test this tonight. It's wandering down that homogenization road for weapons. Easiest way to make everything balanced is just to make everything the same, but then you loose specialized weaponry that should only fill particular rolls. My worry is that, that kind of stance will be taken for balance in PS2. But then, making weapons require greater accuracy also moves towards something I was reading not too long ago, talking about forcing people to be more accurate, means that the skill cap of the game gets higher... which is ultimately a good thing for long term player retention. So buffing and nerfing is kind of equally as dangerous in the long run. Too many buffs and the skill for the game is gone. Too many nerfs, and the weapons are crap.

The biggest thing here, is that most commonly the loudest voices in these kinds of threads, are the people who are directly effected. And given that the game is attempting to have asymmetrical balance, the things that make each faction's weapons good, giving them a leg up on other faction's weapons, are things that the parent faction don't think are a big deal... because they deal with that thing on a daily basis. Conversely, the thing that makes the other faction's weapons good against Their weapons, is obviously overpowered, because they are on the receiving end every day. So it's rather difficult to find objectivity when someone is upset that their own guns got buffed, same basic thing with nerfs. I mean carrying the NC shotgun thing, every single thread I've seen today has been focused on the damage changes... not a 1 has noticed that the guns gained some range, it's all about the damage. This is exacerbated by the fact that NC are supposed to be the high damage dealers, so ANY decrease to damage is not only going to take away from a weapon, but detracts from their faction as a whole.

Anyhow, that's my observations on the matter.
  13. Wulfen109

i am a legitimate player, with valid complaints thank you very much
  14. umbrellapower

There sure is a lot of whining, but there are diamonds the rough that you have to look for. It just seems unfortunate that the devs would rather post on reddit than respond here. But who can blame them? The atmosphere on reddit is friendly and there is endless praise for SOE. On here, people are ******** and moaning about even the smallest of things. But as for which is more beneficial to the game, I'm going to have to go for the official forums. I'm sure Higby likes it when redditors fondle his balls, but redditors need to realize that when you're used to giving praise your criticism will be poor.
  15. SpcFarlen

9/10 are just whining and dont even know what they are talking about. That 10% that do type up a wall of text and generally have a good opinion on the matter and what to help the game out as a whole. Then someone takes one line out of context and the whole thread dies because of trolling and whiners.

All the threads whining the day of the patch because "they went in game and its terrible" really havent had time to adjust themselves to the changes and think what they used before can be used the same way, when it cant be or just requires a slightly different angle of approach to it. People dont like change, they despise it... because they have to now think.
    • Up x 2
  16. DonRaphaelus

^ This.

Right on the spot, my opressor enemy from Connery! This time I agree with the TR!

Enlightment is the only salvation!
  17. Arquin

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...ing_your_top_bugs_and_quality_of_life/c9z4xb7

Balls to you, sir
  18. Vanu Superiority

I rarely advocate for nerfs (I do once in a great while, but not typically). 99% of my complaints are lettuce related. So I wouldn't really say I'm a bad player who is whining, since my complaints are unrelated to my skill.
  19. The King

Nearly all bads...
    Very very bads...
    They'll make up new terms just to appear cool too... Which you can easily tell from the bads from the actual goods.
  20. Macchus

mostly the bad whiners ...

[IMG]