Saron/Enforcer altered for Harasser, but Vulcan remains unchanged?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, May 14, 2013.

1. Metal Insomniac

As soon as I saw the Enforcer damage at 1000, I was ready to freak the hell out until I saw the buff to reload speed. This isn't so bad, I suppose. Glad I didn't buy the Halberd just yet.
  2. Fumblewatt

Striker(eSports approved), fractures and now a vulcan on the harasser.
    I bet the TR faction pistol will OHK the whole VS/NC population from the warpgate
    • Up x 3
  3. OddChelsea

At least the entire VS population, since there's only about 300 of you guys across the servers.
  4. Naithe

Honstly think a Vulcan harraser will do very well against aircraft, compared to the others, but it will be much MUUUUCH worse against infantry.

EDIT:

Why not just give the PPA gun, as an AV variant for the VS Harraser. And have a new look at RoF while we're at it.
  5. Posse

Well, that's assuming you can stay still while the gunner aims at infantry without being destroyed by rockets or whatever, if the gunner manages to actually hit infantry with the Saron while you're running at full speed he deserves a medal.
  6. Ash87

So has no one noticed that they bumped the damage down from 120 to 90 per shot on the Vulcan?

ROF remains the same, and frankly I don't know if the COF numbers are an improvement or nerf, so I'm leaving that to someone better to say whether or not it's a good or bad thing.

Practically this means that, shooting from the rear, it takes 3 clips, not 2, to kill a MBT, so add another 2.5 seconds onto TTK for most large vehicles when it comes to the Harasser Vulcan, vs. the Prowler Vulcan.
  7. Ranik

From the other thread.

• Up x 1
  8. Mechlord

Lightnings resist 40% of the Vulcan's damage type, but MBTs resist only 20%. (Sunderers resist 60%.)
    Even the Prowler Vulcan is slightly less effective than the Halberd against Lightnings.
  9. Ranik

Thanks. That now raises all sorts of questions.... o_O
  10. Ryko Nailo

The PPA does hurt armor, 1% to the front of a lightning per orb, and at a grand fire rate of 1 a second that means in little over a minute and a half.

Yup theres a reason I say they should half the travel speed and double or even tripple the rate of fire, that will make it good for close range only but actually be able to hurt stuff.
  11. Naithe

Sounds like an oversight from before the armor buff.
  12. Lavalampe

The thing i fear the most are ESF shredding TR-Harassers.
    The Vulcan is still so damn good against slow flying aircraft.
  13. The King

Meh, if you know how to control the Vulcan, it's great at far range..
    But as people keep typing in here, they obviously do not know how to control it to get better damage far range...
    It's OP...Especially against air. The flyers trying to kill you, you can easily kill em with it.
    Saron? lo,l that thing cannot aim high enough to target anything..
  14. Ranik

Yeah no.

By control you mean. Burst fire. And if you are burst firing you have probably the worst DPS of any AV secondary...
    • Up x 2
  15. The King

lol, you have no idea what I am talking about.
    Do you even have a vulcan?
    Really. you should learn how to use the weapon, it isn't that hard. Don't treat it like all the other weapons in the game.
  16. Osskscosco

Talking big is easy, show us some proof of you sniping tanks with vulcan.
    • Up x 1
  17. The King

Obviously, comprehension fails you.
    Learn to use your weapon.
  18. BARBAK

As a TR player I would like to know NC MBT pilot opinion,
    -How many time you have been killed by a Saron compared with how many time you have been killed by a vulcan?
    -NC infantry, same question?

I'm truly curious to know
  19. BARBAK

I want to see a video of a vulcan sniper :D
    its weird how the prowler ability is a sniper ability (anchorage mode) and how TR MBT specific empire weapons are close range weapons o_O
    I'm not complaining about anything here, just a weird fact

I play a bit NC and VS and be sure every factions think other faction weapons are OP.
    Good player never cry, they adapt and deal with it.

For exemple Vanguard pilot have a slow tank with slow rate of fire, they adapt and now they are awsome sharpshooter.
  20. Blitzkrieg