Third person on tanks op or not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghosy01, May 15, 2013.

1. Ghosy01

anyone else find that third person is almost cheating when using a tank? i feel like im cheating, getting a good visual of my surroundings and how often and quick the view can change i just press t and i can see people who tried to sneak from around corner or behind me to c4 me. does it need to the changed?
    • Up x 1
  2. freeze

no
    • Up x 12
  3. Skadi

Lol...

No
    • Up x 7
  4. FateJH

I'd like to see ADS-only tanks, but, for what it might add, I think it'd hurt the VS more than it would do anything to the other two factions.
    • Up x 1
  5. ent|ty

6. NinjaTurtle

Yes on ESF as well.

This is a "first" person shooter, 3rd person has no place in the game anywhere and should be removed.

Going into 3rd person gives you a much better view of your environment and an advantage you shouldn't have.

I would suggest putting a rear view camera that acts to give you a view directly behind but is limited.

As a tank driver if you are worried about LA sneaking up with C4 use radar, a defense already exists in the game for that. You don't need a noob friendly view
    • Up x 7
  7. Pikachu

Yes. I only use it at rare times when the terrain is really tricky.
  8. f0d

no
    if anything the view should be pulled back a bit as you cant really see much anyways
    • Up x 1
  9. Zorro

I am on the fence. It does not seem realistic unless there is a floating camera that travels behind the vehicle.
  10. Pikachu

How about making it only useful for difficult terrain by making enemies invisible in 3rd person mode? :D
  11. Holomang

Can we just have one day where some clown doesn't suggest a pointless nerf?
    • Up x 4
  12. Point

Nanites in the air.
  13. Teegeeack

Take third person away from sunderers and harassers too while you're at it.
  14. f0d

you cant see directly behind you anyways - you get a little better view either side
    sure you could rotate the view around to see behind you but you can do the same in turret view anyways
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. NinjaTurtle

Not a pointless nerf. It's a "first" person shooter, so you know what that suggests?

I remember a month or so back someone suggested 3rd person for infantry and they were shot down because of how OP it would be by allowing them to look round corners etc thus having an advantage.

This is different for tanks and esf's how exactly?
    • Up x 1
  16. Teegeeack

because tanks are not squishy
    • Up x 1
  17. NinjaTurtle

So tanks are in even less need of an advantage then
  18. Xale

You anwered your own question.

Specifically:
    Is not really possible in vehicles. Also consider the exceptionally poor (and often highly unrealistic) first person FOV. (which IIRC is only something like 45-50 horizontal, even less vertical)
    • Up x 1
  19. Teegeeack

agreed!
  20. NinjaTurtle

Have you not seen how esf pilots use 3rd person to keep track of other esf's?

It gives them a much larger field of view. They should be using the look around in the cockpit button to track opponents or radar to help them.

Tanks do the same, though not as extreme but it certainly gives a larger field of view.