Lattice announced in GU09

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, May 15, 2013.

1. UberBonisseur

[IMG] Matthew Higby@mhigby
    @Dunkelheit83 yes, rush lanes / lattice will be in GU09. Next week.

Still believe it's not ready.
    It does accomplish what it was "meant" to be, sort of, funneling people.

But all in all, it does not overwhelmingly improve the game, or add depth.
    It actually removed some, objectively, with the loss of things like Influence caps.

We're missing the mechanics that give meaningful options.
    Why would you cut this base ?
    How can I deplete the zerg of its reinforcements ?
    How can I resecure my base without just rushing the control point ?
    • Up x 4
  2. Jac70

Hurrah, the corridor shooter is almost upon us... oops sorry, I mean 'rush lanes' :D
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

Whaaat! Next week? This is GU week! Could we get some extra patch instead? Just tweaking some things.
    [IMG]
  4. Radec594

Aww, next week?
  5. Giggily

6. Ranik

While it's still missing some mechanics. It's still FAR better to have it in than not. :D
    • Up x 2
  7. UKAvenger

Essentially its just different links in the maps. In that sense its ready. They can use current cap timers and quicken them IF they need. Slow tweaks not massive ones please. Any links that need to be added can be done after live testing.

The major difference being indars bases layouts, possition and number. Less bases = good for indar so bring it on i say. Tweak the system as you go. Like ranik says its a whole lot better than what weve had for all this time.

Just make a network map, stick it on live and tweak as you go. Cant test these things on the PTS with its pops like they are.

Yes more stuff is needed in background but that will come in time like everything else has in development history.
    • Up x 4
  8. r1stormrider

this is gonna be a great change for the game. this will be the foundation that will lead to meta-game being thrown into ps2. i am very excited for the implementation next week. if people still wanna ghost cap empty bases and just cause "chaos" as they say, well they can still do it on amerish/esamir to their heart's content. they can have all the 1v1 2v2 deathmatches they want there. those of us who have been clamoring for the lattice and the large battles will be on indar partying hard.
    • Up x 2
  9. Liquid23

in the last interview with Higby I saw he said rush lanes are only being added to Indar first... honestly it needs to be tested on live because there simply aren't the numbers to do it properly on the test server... and besides it's only gonna be on one continent and they can always change it back so it's not a big deal
    • Up x 1
  10. Oneth

I think it will be the final nail in the coffin for VS on Waterson. Other than a couple hours a day we just dont have the numbers I imagine will be needed for this kind of setup :-(
  11. UberBonisseur

I'll give you that, but it's not planned as "testing"
    • Up x 1
  12. LordMondando

Well, he makes a point of saying they are putting it in, in a way thats easily revertable. One way or another, we need to test it will a full indar, before we know how it really works.

I have a funny feeling, the population imbalance issues will make themselves apparent 2 if not 3 days in. But at least then we will know.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ash87

Anyone on Waterson doesn't need to worry as much. Waterson (Even Waterson VS) Can lock indar. What they need to see is the 33-33-33 split on a locked continent (Something only Waterson and maybe 1-2 other servers can do regularly).

If anything, the fewer attack routes will mean that the VS can focus their people on fewer lanes and have a chance to respond in an organized manner.
  14. Liquid23

if it wasn't than it would just be releasing on every continent instead of just one... also the fact that Higby himself said it was planed as testing and could be reverted easily in case it doesn't work out
  15. Maelios

If the Lattice is being released this week then why did the map for Indar on the test return to the hex system?
  16. Stew360

Unfinish product will be launch on live servers BEcause test servers are ghost town and even if (( annonced test )) they are almost empty

So to (( test it )) properly theyll have to launch it on the test servers

I fear one thing about all this and ive create a trad about it you should take a look ;)

here»»»http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-game-ready-or-can-handle-the-lattice.126063/
  17. gigastar

SOE intend to have 2 display options for the lattice, first one being the solid lines that were on PTS, second one being something that looks similar to what was in PS1.

And its not being released this week, its being released next week.
  18. OldMaster80

While I love lattice more than hex map, I hope they will reconsider introduction with GU09.

1) They should push the new map on test server so we can have another event and take a look at it.
    2) They should reconsider capture times, currently way too short for small outposts.
    3) What about Esamir and Amerish? Pushing live just 1 map out of 3 seems to me the wrong way to do it.
    4) Why the hell don't we receive patch notes? It's freaking annoying that we must search in Tweetter, Facebook and whatever to find information about what we're going to test.
  19. chilly154

can't really blame the devs for this.
  20. Stew360

I dont blame them for this but we all should expect unfinished product since this game required massive testing in order to see what work and whats dont