New Crown On The Test Server

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Skippytjc, May 9, 2013.

1. Skippytjc

Oh yes, and I like it.

The B and C points are now on the bridges. The spawn is in the tower now and slightly modified. There are also a jump point at the points that shoot you to the building walkway facing Zurvan.

I LOVE it. Its going to spread out the fight and taking and or keeping the Crown is going to be a MASSIVE effort. And not just effort, but teamwork.

It is also my opinion that owning Ti is going to be that much more important now as one of the Crowns points is just 80 yards away.

Looking forward to it!
    • Up x 5
  2. Zakuak

Hey right on!
  3. MFP_TK_01

I avoid Indar specifically because one tends to get sucked in to the never ending battle at the crown. What you described there sounds great!
    • Up x 1
  4. XRIST0

Please for god sake , change the crown .. Its a better game without it

3/4 of the faction all at the crown farming certs , who cares about the rest of the map or game :rolleyes:

Crownside 2
    • Up x 4
  5. Bill Hicks

The crown is how every base should be. Not this horrible base design made so ADD gen y kiddies dont get frustrated. Everything is so Zerg friendly. The crown was one of the few places that had a true defensive mindset.

R.I.P CROWN.
    • Up x 10
  6. lootandshoot

Have you seen the base design in Amirish
  7. KAHR-Alpha

I don't really know how it is on other servers, but on Ceres the crown is not really a big thing anymore, I often take a look at the map to see how many people are there, and most of the time it's not more than a few squads.
  8. Bill Hicks

I have the seen the anti-crown, its called split peak, the worst base in the game other than maybe impact site.
  9. Alesteex

While I was sick of the Crown, I am also sick of the zerg friendly base designs. I want a base to feel like a base, not a playground.
    • Up x 5
  10. Bill Hicks

This is what its like on Helios. Nobody cares about the crown. Maybe when the lattice system comes in, we'll care.
  11. XRIST0

True..
  12. VexTheRaven

There's nothing wrong with the crown. It's one base that can be easily defended, big deal. Now we have even more reason for the entire server to be at the crown, which is exactly what we DON'T need.
    • Up x 3
  13. Skippytjc

Truth be told, I want action, not bases. The new layout promises more action in my opinion.
  14. Sen7ryGun84

Bring on the lattice. Burn down the Crown.

Good times are coming.
    • Up x 1
  15. Bill Hicks

I see your point old chap. Its obvious no one has taken the crown offensively ever in the history of ps2. That would require balls
  16. Phazaar

Sounds interesting. Wish I was with my PC to try it out... Maybe it's time for the Mac client :O
  17. XRIST0

I was joking .. but really , it is more fun making your way around the whole map actually achieving something for your faction ..

Rather than sit at the crown and shoot down at every idiot who spawns from a sunderer , been there and done that man its getting really boring and old .

The game needs to be in circulation , which ever faction holds the crown forgets about the rest of the map and it practically makes the game boring to play unless you are at the crown :rolleyes:

Sure there are small outfits who continue to cap bases , but they will be outnumbered eventually as you push further into their territory .
  18. GhostAvatar

New base design doesnt matter really. The lattice system would have destroyed it anyway, when it becomes nothing more than a simple link in one pathway of the lattice.
    • Up x 1
  19. CptFirelord

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. Skippytjc

Agreed, but probably the biggest speed bump there. As it stood, its way to easy to defend and would stop the progress through the lattice.