So how long before lockdown gets nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duvenel

-slowly claps-
  2. TeknoBug

Oh dear Lord, I hope this gets downvoted on the roadmap, this is getting stupider by the day.
  3. Bearcat

I actually think it looks cool. It reminds me of the TR Pounder MAX from the original Planetside. Just a couple could lock down in a tower and bounce those things around corners, and they were very very difficult to get at. But you know what? It was still fun as hell, even considering that TR were the only ones to get it.
  4. Tanelorn

Nobody remembers PS1 with a time delay pounder max in lockdown in a tower?
    Edit: ahh... Theres one
  5. TeknoBug

Um I remember GODJOEY.
  6. Dragonblood

At least TR and VS max will now do more damage than a carv.
  7. Morpholine

I remember. The best tactic was to hold out and wait for the inevitable weapon lock before making a rush.
  8. Ghosty11

No no, haven't you heard? All the TR is complaining how bad lock down mode will be. No one will be getting Lockdown. Seriously, it's a non-issue.:rolleyes:
  9. Cowabunga

They should spew concussion grenades not this overkill nonsense.
  10. Razzyman

You guys think that's bad? Go check out the TR MAX in Lockdown, the bursters are insane, and the chain guns in that mode are ridiculous. It's gonna be fun trying to clear those guys off a point sitting in a corner. I'm already trying to figure out how to take them out. I hope they can't turn 360° or it's going to get tough. :) Good times should be had.

Also, that launcher is called the fragcannon I believe.

Ah, here's a couple links.

11. Scatterblak

I heard they were going to be sticky....
  12. TeknoBug

I've been saying it about the lockdown, it should only affect TR specific MAX weapons, if it affects the burster then that'll be bad.
  13. Blueink

People seem surprised by this but it is just the standard SONY process. Release OP weapon so people will buy it, wait for the forums to explode because anyone not working for SONY or with an IQ > 10 can see how badly balanced these things are, nerf it, keep profit, work on next OP weapon to market to the nub lemmings (you know the type those who think pump action shotguns, 500ft lockon weapons and lolpodding are ok in their current form).
  14. Duvenel

I think this is a terrible idea. So I drawed a pretty paint picture to express it:

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Skippytjc

You know, I never made that connection before. They do seem to make these fantastic weapons that we all buy up, then nurf them back when the backlash comes out. And I am pretty certain nobody has ever gotten a refund as a result...
  16. bobzebrick

Anchor mode has a blatant downside, you are anchored. You are pretty much asking every heavy with a launcher to fire at you. Apart from the AA max this will really not be that viable unless the people you are against are really bad. The other max abilities don't have such huge downsides.
  17. PurpleOtter

Don't forget limited torso traverse. You have to guess from which direction your target is coming from and then lock down...
  18. Slaidd

Oh, they absolutely do this.

And with regards to the OP and that ridiculous Max mounted cluster bomb, it's not just the community that's not ready for that. The GAME isn't ready for that, because it's stupidly overpowered. If they put that in the game, it WILL be the last time I ever even consider playing.
  19. Fenrisk

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  20. Bape

To balance it out if its NS only 1 round one each arm rather 4 or whatever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.