Game update 07 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tomahawk72, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Xasapis

They did not remove the lack of bullet drop, they only adjusted the damage degradation to be the same with the other two factions.
  2. SheerTorcher

I just wonder how the no-locking on turrets is balanced. The different ESRL's now work like this:

1) Phoenix: Fire from perfect safety at turret. Win, because we're NC.

2) Lancer: Point, shoot, duck. Nothing wrong here.

3) Striker: It's not bad enough that you have to strafe back and forth in the turrets LOS for a lock before firing. Now just throw rocks at the turret.
    • Up x 5
  3. Intruder313

On the whole I like it except:

• More un-needed Buffs to the VS and TR MAX when the NC MAX already got nerfed into oblivion. I called it with the Prowler being obviously overbuffed on paper and it was so, now I am certain the VS and TR Maxes are way, way better than the NC (where previously they were just way better :p)
    • The new handguns do way too much damage, hopefully fixed since the 450 seen on the PTR but at the very least the .357 has to do less than a .44. Simple logic and another way to balance them other than range/RoF tweaks.
    • Damage drop-off removal for the VS worries me when coupled with their zero-drop. We shall see, I know it's their main gripe.
    • Some improvements to Scout/BRs seem to have been partly countered with RoF drops and range changes. Must test.
    • No nerf to Rocket Pods meaning Fighters still kill MBTs faster than a Liberator with Dalton.

I like/love everything else.
    • Up x 1
  4. PsyStorm

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the weapon stats seem off. I was looking at my Ursa which should have a Standing Ads COF of .03 but it was .4 on test servers...
  5. pada0

The only part I'm interested about when reading the details is anything about game optimization. Looks like there is none in this update.
  6. Nyscha

I lolled.

"Un-needed buffs to the VS"

There is a reason VS is the lowest pop on every server and NC is the biggest.
  7. Fenrisk

What buffs? TR AI max got nerfed into oblivion
    • Up x 2
  8. nella

Has nothing to do with weapons. Purple spandex in a game marketed for young men is just not gonna work too well.
    • Up x 7
  9. Winfield

Buffs for the MCG, changes to the Lasher but no word at all about the Jackhammer?

Don't get me wrong, I think these patch notes are awesome, but neglecting one faction's Heavy Special alltogether is a bit disheartening. Even more so since everyone and their mothers and sisters know it's bad. A simple magazine size increase would make it good.
    • Up x 1
  10. WarCrane

Hey you seem to know a little bit about nerfs and buffs, I have a question, I had just bought "The Warden" rifle for my Heavy Assualt Trooper, and now i see they made some changes to it the following day, and now I'm wondering did something I just payed for get a nice free upgrade? or was I undermined for my moneys worth and it was somehow damaged? don't know much about the significance of the numbers from before and after the update so I'm looking for some one who does and hopefully give me some good news. - Thanks.
  11. innersphere1

i still dont get if comet is nerfed or improved.
  12. GamerOS

Maybe on the US servers, the TR is highest on most EU servers.

VS is still the lowest tough.
  13. Serval

"Fixed reticule flicker when compensators are equipped on LMGs and slug ammunition is equipped on shotguns"
    • Up x 1
  14. Thurwell

I'm not sure, but it will be at least be a bit easier to use since your damage is now spread over 2 shots. Now your damage isn't all in one shot, miss and you're hosed.
  15. Fenrisk

NC are the highest pop on at least 2 EU servers. TR are the lowest pop on at least 2 EU servers. (prime time numbers)
    • Up x 2
  16. NoctD

The T7 at least on the test server still has a short delay (about a second) before firing. Given I see the MAX weapon changes like 4-shot Pounder HEG, I'd imagine this is how its going to be in the real game.
  17. innersphere1

yes this is a good thing also speed increase will be easier to hit far away tanks..
    hmm then now dual comets make 4 hits interesting!
  18. KAHR-Alpha

Yeah, they look like crap, my first character was a vanu actually (because of the lore), but I switched to TR as soon as I had the displeasure of seeing what VS medics and MAXes look like (seriously, what's the VS medic? some sort of white-shelled snail?), they also got annoying snobby voices.
  19. Astealoth

what stands out for me this update:

detailed weapon info (finally)

nanoweave bugs fixed (finally)

ally activity on map (finally)

woot :D
  20. AltF4Fun

Thanks a lot man.Overseen that line.So happy right now:)