Game update 07 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tomahawk72, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Guadoc

Active Heavy Assault Shields and flak armor will no longer stack.

Let me get this right, you have nerfed an ability where the upgrades after the first one are a complete waste of certs and don't have any effect? Maybe you could have fixed the ability at the same time so that people like me who have wasted 1000+ certs get what we paid for before you introduce nerfs??
    • Up x 1
  2. Rizen

Really pissed about the changes to the VS comet. It was already a slow low damage blue balls joke, now they nerf the dps even more. its not even worth popping around the corner to shoot. Im getting tired of unnessiary changes to VS weapons. The speed buff was nice, and the 2 round magazine could be useful, but coupling it with a major damage nerf... no. just no.. The only real changes it needed was the alignment of the weapons so they dont cross at range and then miss the target. Not sure why PS2 devs cant seem to perform a simple boresight of the weapons so that they actually fire where the indicator is on screen. Its suppose to be a anti-tank weapon, but now its less powerful than the default pea shooter on a Sundy. maybe Ill just keep my max inside the sundy from now on since I can do more damage to tanks with anti-infantry weapons without worry of getting one shot by NC/TR tank hacks.

Taking away our faction bonus is just another kick in the nuts too. It's not enough that the VS are already underpopulated on Waterson and other servers. Now we are turned into more of a purple homosexual joke. Seriously tired of logging in to find all of 20 VS playing on the server and getting ****** with the nerf bat every week.
  3. XRIST0

What about the crown spawn room shield ? its still missing :rolleyes: no mention of that either .

Sounds good i guess , nothing exciting .
  4. Xasapis

I want to actually see the comet change. From the looks of it they turned the projectile in two parts that are faster and together they do more damage than the single one did. Depending on how fast you can fire them, it looks like an actual buff and not an nerf.
    • Up x 5
  5. rexbinary

Ummm ok, why?
  6. MrIDoK

More like a slightly worse assault rifle, given the change to the minimum damage.

I like all the changes, except for the color of the enemy presence heatmap. Those green, yellow, orange and red hexes were very intuitive and didn't obscure whatever is on the map. If the gradient of red is like the one in the test server, it will be more annoying than useful. Anyway it won't be really needed thanks to the population pie chart.

I'm surprised by the change to the battle rifle damage ranges, it was already low(ish) at range, but we'll see if the better control makes up for it.

Overall, great update and i'm excited... another 4 hours (if we're lucky) and we'll see! :D
  7. buff as hell irl

It's absolutely a buff. They travel 50% faster and you get two shots per reload. They just reduced the damage for the AV weapons to adjust for how much easier they are to aim, and how much faster they hit.

Pounders are probably gonna be nasty once Lockdown is in, provided they're in an ambush position.

VV Pay attention bro, Falcons hit the hardest and their projectile has 66% less drop now.
  8. Steakbeard

It may be just bad notes, but did the vs and tr get an av max weapon with a two shot clip and the nc still have only one in their falcons? What kind of ******** balance are we seeing here?
    • Up x 1
  9. Rizen

Its not because now you have to actually hit with double the number of projectiles and it takes more time to fire them off leaving you more exposed.
  10. Syphers

The TR SCI-R concept is awesome the NC one a bit meh IMO
  11. Xankesh

Please help.

Where is this early access section?
  12. Xasapis

That weapon also received a considerable buff. The bullet drop will be a third of what it is today. It also received a speed increase, which will also help the weapon fire on a straighter line. Regarding damage, the very visible orbs of the VS comet do 50 more damage (700 compared to 650) assuming both actually hit.
  13. Matlock0

They only nerfed the Mercy maximum damage, which means the damage under 10 meters. Its bullet velocity got a nice buff of around 20%. Mercy will still be good but it's not the best anymore in all ranges of combat. I expect people will be locking down their maxes with mercies next week and inflict a lot of damage on targets at medium ranges (10-50).
  14. Torok

the update is still not rolling, you gotta wait my friend, anyway it will be in the in-game store aka depot, just like back in the days when we had the Galaxy/Liberators/ESFs appearence slots for Early Access only (subscribe members) or the camos, days before anyone else could unlock them.

more info is always appreciated i guess, if i'm far away from let's say.. Tawrich, and yet it says enemies spotted and SCU down i would know that i can't redeploy there and i should hurry going there repairing generators, it's a good addition for defense-oriented players who want to know what's going on in the map and to better understand a facility status

i love it, imagine it on the MAX, i'm pretty sure the result would be really fearsome, futuristic-space looking exosuit
  15. Xasapis

On the other hand the damage has gone up to 700 (combined) from 500 and he speed up to 90m/s from 60m/s.
  16. Acceleratio

Oh my god FINALY no force switch after deplyoing ammo

AND

a sticky repairtool
    This patch already made my day
    • Up x 2
  17. Steakbeard

So tr and vs maxes have weapons that can take out a max in one reload, whereas we get to wait for ours, honestly, what the hell? Where is the news second round? Why do we have to be substandard to other empires? It makes zero sense unless our av weapon does twice the other empire damage to compensate for them firing two shots in the space of time of one of ours.
  18. Xasapis

Are we talking about the Falcon specifically now or generally about NC max weapons?

(Btw, NC maxes still have the highest alpha in-game and still take out VS maxes in one reload. SOE just made the extended magazines necessary).
    (On a separate note, I kind of feel bad about the EU NC, since they don't share the absolute population boom the US NC see on their servers. On the other hand, they have to deal with the adjustments made partially to address that population disparity).
    • Up x 1
  19. Porcelain Cow

Oh hey, still no Hacking Ribbon, who would've guessed.
    • Up x 1
  20. PS2Freak

I agree, something go wrong with our (nc) Max AV.