Some notes on today's cert grants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neopopulas

But this isn't CS, and Battlefield has a slew of unlocks based on experience gained.

Despite that, this ISN'T those games, this is a different game, its built differently, with a different goal, thats why you have certs in the first place, you can't compare apples to oranges.
    • Up x 2
  2. Gary

Wait... so people who bought bundles whilst already owning a weapon from the bundle got a Cert Reimbursement... yet if i go buy a bundle now and it contains a weapon i already i own i will not get certs for it?
  3. Neopopulas

I feel like an idiot for this, i almost bought a bundle the other day but two of the five weapons i had, since there was no discount or anything obvious i thought.. nah i'll just buy them normally as they come on sale.

I should have just bought them.
    • Up x 2
  4. Taylorstar

Wait so what your saying is that if I bought a bundle and it contained a weapon or camo that I already owned, does that mean I was entitled to reimbursement that I didn't get?
  5. Shazed

You dont play for level, but for EXP as it equals Certs that you use to upgrade.
    Some people managed to get certs worth over BR100. Really? I spend a lot of cash on multiple characters and get months of gameplay and experience gain instantly for the total of nothing?

So this they manage to do, but this giving me my 20k exp and certs for the ribbons they failed to apply (NS15M not giving ribbons but added in the ribbon patch anyone?), nope, apparently that is impossible according to the GMs.

Dont take me wrong, its not peoples fault, its SOE. They should of gives MAX 10K certs, as it is the cap. Even then, that takes time to get.

Yet again it shows that they dont know what the balls they are doing, and in my eyes, just managed to unbalance the game, and the point of it to a very, very long extent.

I think its time the board who decided this should be getting a new job.
  6. Aisar

For me at least, it has nothing to do with jealousy. Do I not appreciate that people received free certs and were given an unmeasurable amount of effort worth for free, of course not. I have put a ton of effort, money and time into this game. My problem is that the "reimbursement" was morally and logically wrong. People bought copies of items on different characters, received those items, reaped the benefits, and got what they paid for. They knew EXACTLY what the deal was and what they were doing. There is NO COMPENSATION to be had.

The big problem I have with this is SOE's pandering and the message they have sent. No one should have received any "compensation" at all. They are encouraging moronic, immature behavior and attitudes with this move. You can bet quite a few people have a different opinion and mindset going forward because of this. I hope people don't stop making a big deal out of this, because it is A BIG DEAL. It is wrong, period. It is simply wrong.
    • Up x 4
  7. SooperDog

How could you guys be so stupid though? You couldn't figure out these issues before you implemented it?
  8. Alystan

Thanks, it does answer questions.

However, I am deeply, and I really mean, deeply dissapointed with the way this turned out.

Do you know how long it takes to earm 1000 certifications for me as a regular member player? I have a job and can't spend half my life in the game and I guess I am not a god at it so It takes me about a week. So when I see people have received 100000+ certifications on multiple characters simultaneously. That is equivalent to 2 years worth of certifications... for each character.

It matters to me, to my enjoyment in progressing through the game and progression relatively to other people.

And if you think it does not matter, then give everyone the same amount of certification of remove them completely from the game.

What I am expecting from SOE? Realistically, not more than the first post in this thread: they acknoledge there have been mistakes and that cert will not be removed. They will not grant the rest of the population thousands of certs either to make it out. So I'll stay feeling robed and cheated because what I worked for has been diminished by artificial cert inflation.

Hence I do not feel like playing tonight and having to fight and getting pounded by chars which have been fully certed overnight. I am simply not interested.

Will I keep playing in these conditions? I am not sure. I really like this game, but this situation really spoils it to me. I am an Auraxium member with 9000 SC, I do pay for this game because a good product needs to be supported.

Right now, the product does not support me...
    • Up x 3
  9. CHDT65

"Hence I do not feel like playing tonight and having to fight and getting pounded by chars which have been fully certed overnight. I am simply not interested."

Good post.
    The "white knights" saying all this doesn't matter dont' know, no they know but they lie, how much important for instance is it for a tank to have the best reload main gun speed and how expensive in certs it is !
    Frankly, all this is a massive disappointement.
    And I say it as a fan of the game.
    • Up x 2
  10. SammySide

Are you ******* kidding me? You are basically admitting to everyone that you ****** up big time and gave people way too many certs. Instead of saying sorry to everyone else who didnt get absurd amounts of certs that takes 100's of hours to earn, you say "this is an added bonus" as if you are doing the community a favor?!

This is absolutely disgusting and I am so mad at SOE right now. Unbelievable actions!

Trouble is, the only people who can see that they have ****** up so hard are those who check the forums to see what a ****storm they have caused or those whom have friends/regular contact with people who gained insane certs. Unfortunately this is an extremely low percentage of the PS2 population so SOE can piss off a small number and not care.

Disgraceful... Pathetic excuse for a game and the dev team. Shall be cancelling my membership and stop playing after this utter BS.
    • Up x 2
  11. Lito

SOE just lost their largest outfit on Waterson server. DVS outfit is run by guys mostly in their late twenties to early forties, we don't have time for this ****, this isn't our first time around the block, and as individuals and as a group will not be part of a play2win "game".

But don't worry, just like Sony Corp America wrote off the Mahwah NJ facility as a loss of Goodwill and fired the entire staff without severance, I'm sure the PS2 devs will find the 40 hours of career counselling provided by HR hacks will facilitate them finding new work after a few months on unemployment.
    • Up x 4
  12. Haedshootar

This update has left me with an extremely bad taste in my mouth.

After having spend around 300 dollars and hours into this game, having farmed 15k cert,
    It makes me very dissapointed to see that someone with 20 hours in the game has got the
    Equivalent of 2000 hours in the game, for all his characters.

If this were supposedly one or two people, it wouldnt matter, but youve successfully awarded hundreds if not thousands of people for making stupid purchases.
    The thing you may not realize is because of this, these people presumably will never by sc, seeing as they can buy everything with certs now.

Eventhough a reset is probaly the best solution you folks said you wouldnt do this,
    I think the next best thing would be giving everyone a possibility to press a claim certs button which would give you 1 cert for ever stationcash spend on your character.

This would leave out the people who didnt pay, give the people who want it a respective amount of certs and the people who spend sc and dont want the certs are not forced to claim it.

This is probaly one of the very few ways that you can repair the damage youve done.
    I can assure you that this left an extremely sour taste in the mouths of the majority of your players,
    This was your worst move by far, and youve pulled quite the show before.
    • Up x 4
  13. Gribbstar

I'm sorry Matt but no.

I would have stood behind Planetside 2 and shouted from the hills about how great a game it is until you posted this.

Wont be spending another penny on this game if this is how you handle the situation.
    • Up x 2
  14. CHDT65

...and we won't be 'confiscating' or rolling back characters which received certs....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And for people having paid real money for weapons other guys will be able to get free on a massive scale ???
    I just want my money back, perhaps I will begin later another character, but now I just want my money back.
    • Up x 1
  15. CHDT65

"...about how great a game it is until you posted this..."

the game is still great, but all this, NO !
  16. Shidhe

That's why it's a free to play game. You are free to play it whenever you want to, and you can buy the "shiny" things to get them quicker or just play and buy them with certs later.
  17. CHDT65

No problem, in a sense, for guys who have invested no real money in this game.
    But for the guys who paid real money, this is just a slap in the face.
    Now I feel like a big moron.
    • Up x 1
  18. Gribbstar

I'm not sure of the relevance of your post?

I have a platinum premium membership and have spent well over £200 on the game to date, I'm well aware of it's F2P systems.

Sony want my money, they also want your money. The point is they wont be getting more of my money if this doesn't get addressed in a better manner.

Free to play or not, without enough people paying for the "shiny" things there won't be a game to play.
    • Up x 1
  19. Phrygen

This was so poorly done...
    • Up x 2
  20. Shidhe

That is a very scary number... $300 could have bought a bowl of rice for a starving child in sub-Sahara Africa for a year.

BR 65 here, 500ish hours played, now with 34k certs if they even counted the cert gain correctly and it doesn't bother me one bit that I might run across a BR 10 with more certs than me. I'm still going to to my best to kill them.

What's going to happen when yall reach BR 100? Are you going to complain about every low BR character that kills you, or you just going to keep going out and trying to win the unwinnable game of war?
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.