2nd set of pump action

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by bestan, Apr 8, 2013.

1. bestan

They are available on the test server.

Anyone noticed a difference with the first ones? (except for the model)
  2. DJPenguin

Yep. I find the first one to be much more balanced but this one is beyond powerful. The increased reload time and re-fire delay doesn't do anything to a player who can reliably land shots consistently. And for that they get more damage. Since the first pump can still get one shot kills at point blank range on certain classes already, i don't see the need for this second variant. One that has increased range/accuracy but lower damage would make a nice alternative but this guy is just redundantly more powerful.
  3. UrMom306

wait...they're adding ANOTHER shotgun? ffs
    • Up x 3
  4. AnotherNoob

From what I can tell, it has the same damage, only difference is tighter spread... Either they should do something about the damage, or this is going to be everyone's new <40m weapon....
  5. Pikachu

We like shotguns. :mad: Go away terran.
  6. Varben

Shotguns are still too powerful. Introducing new one hit kill weapons is a bad idea.
    • Up x 9
  7. Grotpar

Harder hitting, slower firing? But otherwise the same?
    What a huge waste of time.

I had hoped that it would be at least magazine fed.
  8. Nocturnal7x

Fires more slowly, I didin't compare the stats, and I didn't use it much. Still OHKs though.
  9. Zaik

they're added to the spreadsheet now, 3.5 spread 86 RoF 12 pellets. the other pumps are 3 CoF 100 RoF 10 pellets.

all in all, this does what the pump actions are intended for better(super close) while doing very slightly worse at what they aren't(past dropoff range).

I guess with this though, it's unlikely they'll ever properly increase the spreads on pump action shotguns so they're pretty much always going to be the best in the game. figures.
  10. PrimalPhantom

Okay so one word about the new shotguns. OVERPOWERED. If they hit the live servers now it will kill the player base just like the first set did before the debuff. The LA39 Bruiser, is an insta-gib gun both at long range and short. If I wanted one hit kills(full shields and health) I would play UT2K4 with the insta-gib mod. This is not what needs to be added to PS2. The devs need to bring them in line with the first set of shotguns. Besides the game has enough shotguns as is.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lancars

Jetpack shotgunners everywhere. Just gunning people down left and right.
  12. Amouris

Great just what we needed, more OSK shotguns. Good to see the Jackhammer will remain useless till next year.
    • Up x 6
  13. ikillyou1990

Ugh...Shotguns already are already ruining the game..SOE STOP ADDING SHOTGUNS AND MAKING THE COD NOOBS HAPPY!!!
    • Up x 5
  14. DuskSoldier01

Did you guys really think about those shotguns? I'm seriously asking this. Cuz the second those things get slug ammo, well if your not a heavy with shields up or a max you may as well forget infantry
    • Up x 1
  15. Malsvir Vishe

Because a weapon designed for close quarters killing definitely shouldn't be able to instagib, despite only having very few rounds per mag while having a huge disadvantage of NEEDING to land the first shot. Might as well make bolt action head shots stop being a one hit KO because they're too good at what they're designed for, right? Don't bring a carbine to a shotgun fight.

EDIT: Now, if it has more pellets, does more damage, and has a tighter spread, then it HAS to be nerfed. It should have a wider spread if it's gonna have more pellets.
  16. TeknoBug

No I haven't noticed a difference except 5000000000 players emptying an entire clip into you everytime from 30m away like an idiot.

PS- devs, if you want players to keep coming back and playing this game years down the road then quit adding shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  17. Radec594

Seemed to me like it didn't actually OHK at CQC like the other one, but was far more reliable on medium range.
    I had to hit a VS medic twice to kill him, then again, test server = he probably had nano 5.
  18. ikillyou1990

The shotguns right now can 1-2 shot a heavy assault with its shield up..This is why I say shotguns are OP. This game needs no more shotguns. I'm honestly at the point where they may as well make the pump action shotgun the default for every class. At this rate they may as well rename the game to Call of Duty: Planetside 2...
  19. Kroova

Have not downloaded test client yet, but another shotgun?? :eek:

We already have:
    An Automatic Shotgun
    A Semi-Automatic Shotgun
    A Pump Action Shotgun

and now SOE adds

Another Pump Action Shotgun

All these weapons are competing for a rather limited niche role and range in combat. Personally I thought three was too much, yet SOE wants to introduce a fourth?

This weapon will either be:

A) Weaker than existing shotguns. Why add it then?
    B) Virtually identical to one of the other shotguns. Why add it then?
    C) Stronger than existing shotguns. Nerfff --> A) or B)
    D) Be more effective at range. Shotguns are meant for CQC. Creating one for longer ranges use seems counter-intuitive, especially since it would encroach on the already threatened CQC Carbine and LMG variants.

I am having a difficult time seeing what niche this weapon is intended to fill.
    • Up x 5
  20. darkagent

so much for higbys tweet on never adding any OHK weapons. the last thing this game needs is more OHK weapons.
    • Up x 5