A SCATMAX tries the Mercy (yup)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Goretzu

If the TR MAX ends up getting 2x DPS for anchored mode, they'll be able to camp doorways much better than the NC AI MAX ever could too.
  2. Takoita

Better delete this comment - it has enough BS in it to invalidate all your other arguments.
  3. Goretzu

I can't see how that can possibly happen when it already out-DPS the ScatMAX from ~5m now. o_O
  4. Tekuila

Two of them barely do the dps of one lmg, that's pretty sad.
  5. Laraso

The DPS of an LMG is enough to kill someone in a fraction of a second, seems pretty good to me.
  6. Metal Insomniac

Do any of you VS/TR players have any idea how depressing it is to not even be able to damage an enemy on the other side of the room? We have to rely on the element of surprise, or only guard doorways. Otherwise we're ******. If you think it's unfair to die so quickly at very short ranges by a SHOTGUN, then you clearly do not understand how weapons are supposed to work in an FPS.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

And yet they still out-DPS the ScatMAX from ~5m onwards now.
  8. Laraso

Nah, I'm not a coward and I don't renig things I say. I didn't really notice any bloom with the Mercies. I'm not saying there isn't bloom, I'm saying that if there is (which could indeed be the case), it wasn't obvious enough for me to notice it within the time I was using the Mercy. For the most part simply looking at my target and hold down both mouse buttons was enough to secure a kill.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ash87

This thread is adorable... Give me a little bit, be right back.
  10. Krayus_Korianis

Perhaps you shouldn't ONLY use shotguns then... Might be worth it to try.
  11. BigMacDeez

0/10
    • Up x 1
  12. Tekuila

Not if you use slugs.
    I'd be happy with better rpm.
  13. Metal Insomniac

I was specifically referring to the ScatMAX. The only weapon we can have are shotguns. You guys get to have machine guns. Which of the two are more versatile? You tell me.
    • Up x 1
  14. Laraso

Shooting slugs is like shooting high powered anti-infantry burster shots, except you have less ammo and a slower rate of fire. It's better at range than normal scatters, but it still isn't reliable.
  15. Krayus_Korianis

Shotguns, since TR Max guns can't shoot straight. Of course you'll whine for SAWs. Everyone knows you will.
    • Up x 2
  16. Goretzu

If you use slugs you basically never really out-DPS a mercy (non-ADS slugs are very hit and miss DPS too), you just have better longer range DPS than with pellets.

Slugs with ADS is a different kettle of fish, of course, but you can't do that with a MAX.
  17. Takoita

I doubt very much that anyone could fire off a magazine with that gun and say that "the bloom is not obvious enough". It calls into question if that was you playing during that video at all, to be honest.

And before anyone mentions burstfire, those clink-clink-clinkers' audio bugs out in a very noticeable way when the user does that.
  18. Metal Insomniac

That's an incredibly ignorant statement. Shotguns are the furthest thing from versatile. Look it up if you don't know what it actually means. According to the video I just saw, the TR MAXs shoot straight enough. Not to mention have an insta-reload. Our reload takes a day and a half for six melee-ranged shots. Sure, it's great against 2-3 enemies that are extremely close, but anymore than that and you're as good as dead.
  19. XParagonX

Haxmax was nerfed? when? really? Don't feel a dam difference that is for sure.

LMAO @ OP

you went 1 time, had a gang of people behind you shooting at the same targets, how can you get a real idea of the ttk on the mercy, when you have 10 other teammates shooting at the same targets, do you see how many assist you got? So you do something 1 dam time, and come to this? Please don't work in the science field.
  20. Tekuila

I'm sorry but slugs on a scattmaxes are incredibly powerful and accurate, I don't see any problems other than people's refusal to adapt.
    its as reliable as it gets for you until they give you guys your machine gun weapons.