A SCATMAX tries the Mercy (yup)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Laraso

Will do.
  2. MaxDamage

You should learn to play.
  3. Syphers

My first character is TR and really they got nothing to complain about. Mosquito, Prowler, Low recoil guns, a stronger lock-on rocket launcher, bigger clip size, strong MAX when played right, cool gears ( infiltrator aside )

edit: oh yeah 1 downside the claymores
  4. Laraso

I'm sorry, I guess I don't know how to play this game. Please, teach me how to be good like you.
    • Up x 6
  5. drNovikov

"Months ago"? Before server merge? Well, we did that too before the merge. Now it's different. And we emerged victorious, despite pro-whiners small success at nerfing our max.

I'm mad? No! I am amused by professional whiners! We triple capped. We got Indar 2 times in a row and we are still holding it. Without OP scythes and magriders and easymode guns :) Why would I be mad?
  6. Takoita

Hmmm. OP almost makes it sound like NC MAX have shorter killstreaks.

On the other hand, the changes in the latest patch don't make much sense to me. The greatest problem - the obscene damage AI guns can do to a MAX and the meh damage MAX AV does to other MAXes remained unchanged. Pump-action shotguns and SMG still do too much damage too quickly.
    • Up x 1
  7. Radec594

I don't get it, is this supposed to mean that using the same class you've had extensive experience with, in another faction, with full backup, and owning with it, is anomalous?

So by this logic, if I play good as a TR LA medium range, going VS LA and being good at long range with it day 1 then, obviously, the VS LA is "ridiculously outperforming" the TR counterpart?

I don't think so, I think you should be glad each faction has their own traits, since I'm pretty sure the NC MAX still rules everything out in terms of CQC, while the Mercy doesn't at all (you'd be best going Onslaught for that).

Additionally you shouldn't be blaming the Mercy for being good at what they were designed for, blame SOE for not giving the NC MAX an appropriate alternative to medium range, like the Mercy is to the TR MAX (even though, the NC MAX does have an option for slug ammo).
    • Up x 1
  8. Laraso

That's not it and I've already said that many times. The Mercy is an objectively superior weapon, very capable of slaughtering infantry in the same ranges in which the scatmax was designed for, along with being able to consistently kill at range. Regardless of that fact, TR and VS feel that the extensive nerfs to the scatmax aren't enough, and are requesting more nerfs, which is just ridiculous.

The scatmax isn't that good. People act like you can't do the things you can do with a scatmax while using a TR MAX, but I tried it just like everyone told me to and that's simply false. You can do the same exact things in a TR MAX. You can't, however, do what you can do with a TR MAX while using a scatmax.
    • Up x 1
  9. Armchair

All OP is trying to do is point out that Mercies are NOWHERE near as bad as people keep implying them to be.

With all the crying, you'd think that TR maxes were better off charging + maxpunch.
    • Up x 2
  10. Laraso

EXACTLY. At least someone gets it.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bloodskull

Oh, well you looky thar?

I knew the Mercy was an excellent weapon (my favorite MAX one) but the TR and VS just laughed at me because I played a Hacksaw/Mattock MAX. :(
  12. Bloodskull

You would friggin imagine. TR MAXs kick serious ***.
    • Up x 3
  13. EliteEskimo

Thanks for the clarification :cool:
  14. {joer

TR AI max has alway been fine. What it is not is OP in CQC, you can kill a mercy max. The NC AI max would instagib both player and max alike.
  15. Niller

Im pretty sure Mercies and other TR/VS max AI weapons have bloom.
  16. Laraso

If it does, it's small enough to be unnoticable.
    • Up x 1
  17. Krayus_Korianis

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Niller

Maybe but more nerfs would make them useless (not completely, but compared to the other two) I still think that all maxes should do WAY less damage, but have much more armor. So they were actual mantanks
  19. Niller

Try to full auto at the VR and see if the far away targets isn't harder to hit, but its very simple to overcome, just burst fire.
  20. Tekuila

If anything the mercy needs a buff.