Soooo, with ScatMAX gone, what is NC supposed to do in CQC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheUprising, Apr 3, 2013.

1. SolidSnake

Umm continue playing as normal? I hardly ever played my Scatter MAX, all the certs I spent on my Max were for the Air Bursters, so these changes don't affect me at all.
    • Up x 3
  2. Scorponok

how did you know NC writes his checks? have you been spying on us? hmm...? but i expected a thread like this to appear...oh noes the max has been balanced...what to do no more OP max...what to do...this is what you do...adapt or die...thats how the game works...even shotguns got the wack of the fix wich is good im tired of only facing shotguns so im having a blast reading that..
  3. TheUprising

I was talking about in CQC, we have no good CQC LMG.

We have this wannabe hybrid CQC-mid ranged LMG called the Anchor, while the other factions get CQC LMG's and legit long ranged LMG's that compare well to the EM6.
  4. Zaik

Anchor is pretty nice. It's a ***** to wrap your head around the different recoil and high first shot multiplier, but once you do it's basically a 50 round magazine Gauss Rifle when you're using the adv. laser dot.

the rest are pretty bleh though. we'll see how the ns-15m is.
  5. Zagz

Oh my! 1 less round in my clip - THE END OF THE WORLD

There was only a handful of people using the MAX. There will still be a handful of people using MAX and the only difference is that they won't be insta popping everything in CQC. A bit of tactics will be required in order to perform well. You know, the same type that it takes to be a godo and efficient TR MAX or Vanu MAX.
  6. Loegi

You loved it though, apparently in CQC since you were talking about that.
  7. Dagonlives

Wrong. I will kill 5 people in a row with the SAW in CQC because it causes the most flinch now. I hip fire a 3 shot burst to the head, at least one bullet will hit it, then aim down the sights while they are flinched. Add an adrenaline shield in for extra lols. This is basically what I used to do with my Carv.
  8. AltF4Fun

Atlest wait till the servers are up again before posting this.Its like saying your food tastes **** when you havent even tryed it...Bet you havent even watched trough the patch notes before posting this.
  9. Duff_Chimp

Be the same as everyone else except slightly better?
  10. Czuuk

I forgot to try the double hacksaw MAX before the nerf. I will also forget to cry about it next time I pull both triggers in somebody's face. I don't think these guys or their friends in the bio lab will be too worried about it either. They had a LA drop C4 timed with the MAX charged.
  11. TheUprising

The Anchor has more recoil and more first shot recoil than the Gauss Rifle, as well as having a larger hipfire CoF if you get all the laser attachments for each respective rifle. Also the angles in which the Anchor shoots at horizontally are far more varied than that of the Gauss Rifle: 23/25.

I would take the Gauss Rifle over the Anchor in a heartbeat....
  12. phreec

Hip fire with the SAW? Haha, good one...
    • Up x 5
  13. Zaik

it's all in one direction horizontally, you compensate for it at an opposing diagonal rather than straight down. gauss rifle is the usual back and forth crap horizontal recoil that requires a forward grip.

like I said, once you get over that hill with the first shot recoil, it's basically the same thing with a larger magazine.
  14. Highway_Star

NC can do what all other factions do in close quarters, grab shotguns. We've done fine without a win button, you can too if you try.

I'm so happy that you can't just spam scat maxes in biolabs and automatically win anymore.
  15. Jaes

Kinda getting tired of seeing my fellow NC complain about our weapons. Just because they're not as easy mode as the starting TR/VS weapons doesn't meant they're complete and utter trash. NC weapons have more specialization to them IMO because they require a higher skill cap to use them effectively, not to mention you have to put more hours into learning how to use them.
  16. AuntLou42

I'm confused why the scatmax is gone. Doesn't it still one shot kill?
    • Up x 1
  17. rayvon

Just use the OP one hit kill shotgun instead
  18. TheUprising

I edited it in later, but the anchor's horizontal recoil angles are 18/22, making it far more unpredictable as compared to the Gauss Rifle, who's angles are 23/25.

Also the difference between x.6 first shot recoil and x.9 is nothing to scoff at, basically the only reason to pick the GD-22s over the Anchor is because of that lower first shot recoil. Both the GR and Anchor have 1 sided recoil. Use the Anchor in VR and you will see.
  19. Pikachu

The engineer's troll weapon in biolabs. *boom* refill
  20. Scorponok

shotguns got nerfed as well :D dunno how badly yet cant get ingame...