no real point for NC players anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by THUGGERNAUT, Mar 29, 2013.

1. THUGGERNAUT

phoenix nerfs, incoming scatmax nerfs, and everything that even made NC close to competitive is out the window. the infantry game is a joke since you're fighting VS/TR armed with hyper-accurate bullet hoses. the vanguard is a complete joke compared to prowler and the newly rebuffed magrider so the ground game is pointless on all fronts. and the air game, don't even bother mentioning the reaver. might as well just eliminate NC and make it a two faction game. damn glad i didn't spend any money on this double SC weekend, and hopefully most other NC didn't bother spending any dough this weekend either.
    • Up x 1
  2. iRhuel

Prepare for flaming.
    • Up x 6
  3. THUGGERNAUT

it's easy to prepare when you don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks.
  4. Sturmwaffles

Hi,

Yes, NC are totally UP. They aren't OP, but they aren't UP. They are... wait for it, balanced. Infantry wise, Phoenix and ScatMax have been OP for a long time. High accuracy bullet hoses also do less damage per shot. The trade-off is reasonable, DPS is similar. Take care knowing at sub range (40-50m) it's usually easier for you, as your guns fire a little slower and require less shots to kill.

NC are not in a bad place, they are balanced with all the rest of us. If you are not feeling the CQC scene, nab a GD-7F or shotgun or something.

Sturmwaffles
    • Up x 3
  5. Vikarius

lol.....
    VS will trade you the no bullet drop for your high damage weapons (recoil included)
    deal?
    • Up x 2
  6. Robes

And so the tears start, balancing is a ***** huh?
    • Up x 1
  7. Jaquio

If nerfs will make all the fourth faction bandwagoneers leave, then great.

I'm looking forward to the Phoenix nerfs for no other reason than peace. I'm sick and tired of hearing people whine about them.

I'm looking forward to the ScatMax nerfs for the peace as well. For the same reason.

I want to go back to being the weakest of the three factions so that my accomplishments will feel that much more rewarding and my enemies' tears will taste that much sweeter.

And for everyone of every faction: If nerfs of any kind really anger you, it's probably because you're using said weapon as a crutch.
    • Up x 4
  8. Robes

Thats very good, but the problem is you're the strongest right now, when those two things are fixed, you're not going to the best worst, you're going to be in line.
    • Up x 1
  9. DJPenguin

overly dramatic, aren't we? A weapon's balancing, one that was just released a week ago and that we were doing fine without since, isn't going to kill you. We'll still have splatter maxes regardless of what's being changed about them.
  10. Vikarius

So if they nerfed scout rifles or the beamer, and it angered me, those weapons were a crutch?
    :p
  11. Jaquio

Fine, then nerf something else. I don't care. Keep nerfing stuff.

I'm the kind of guy who would run around on CS with a scout and buy the .228 pistol. Just because.
  12. SgtBreastroker

There's a fine line between being logical, and being stupid.

Making the Phoenix not OHK with direct impact is not logical.
  13. Jaquio

If you're a dedicated scout rifle user, and Higby decides to nerf it to screw you personally (because you're probably the only one), then your fury is both appropriate and righteous.

That's why I said "probably". :)
  14. Silentnuke

Look listen to me . The NC is able to survive this easy. The Max will go back to version 2 and they will lose some power but a skill max pilot can hand it until flame tower come back. The Phoenix nerf was not that bad. Infact you can say it was a buff because we can now take on tanks and maxs alot better then before and the fact that it can be use as a scouting tool to pass on info to your team is great. Shotguns was bug and it going to be fix so what. Adjust you tactics and your be fine.
  15. RasFW

You still have the ESF that is the best for dogfighting hands down. I was using that and Air Hammer today... Whenever I wanted to do a reverse maneuver, all I had to do was think "gee, a reverse maneuver would be pretty sweet right now" and BAM it was done.

ScatMAX is absurdly OP. Cert slugs if you want to cry about range. Then you'll be just as accurate as VS MAXes. And anyone who would ever defend the phoenix in its current state is just flat out wrong.
  16. bodmans

good for you, if you dont want to play, DONT.
  17. Flashtirade

I'm pretty sure that having the words "nerf" and "beamer" in the same sentence without some kind of negative modifier breaks some rules of the English language.

Anyways, I main NC. I'd love to see our MAXes brought to be more in balance with the other classes. I'd love for the Phoenix to be made into a proper AV weapon (emphasis on proper). Partially because I'm sick of seeing baww threads when there are deeper issues with the game itself. But it's also because I enjoy an even fight. I bought the Phoenix last night before it got patched, and I was using it at Indar Excavation Site against the VS. I was laughing my *** off instagibbing people and saying to myself "there's no way they're keeping this."

I'm just really the devs have some common sense and bring about some positive changes this time around instead of just new weapons and cosmetics.
  18. THUGGERNAUT

lol. all credibility lost here.
  19. Robes

What happen? the 4th faction kiddies left? Or are you under the impression i ran around making rage/cry threads like yourself?
  20. THUGGERNAUT

thanks, you're right, it's high time SOE stopped getting my money. it was fun for a couple months, but longevity is never the goal in the free-to-play equation. and when you've been burned this many times by the same company, it really is your fault for coming back again and again. lesson learned.