Higby and Spencley201 perfectly summed up my opinion of the Lasher.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormStrafe, Mar 22, 2013.

1. StormStrafe

So the Lasher is a high capacity fully automatic grenade launcher with no drop, excellent point. Bravo.
  2. Fenrisk

They were idiots. What are the chances that no one notices they are being fired on from above for a good 60 seconds. 1 light assault with a shotgun would of prevented that. Hell one heavy with a lmg could of prevented that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Joram

Last time i check the lasher couldnt kill 3-4 people with 1 shot, but you can be happy with Highby and other guy in your alternative reallity where the lasher is awesome and you the skilled people know it.
    • Up x 1
  4. StormStrafe

One well placed person might have ended it. The problem with that was the one using the Lasher was the one who was well placed in that video. Seeking the high-ground has been a priority throughout the history of warfare.
    • Up x 2
  5. StormStrafe

A reality that's different from your reality, of that I have no doubt.
  6. Slyguy65

Lasher is an EZ mod splash damage weapon used for groups...lancer is a giant over the shoulder PEW PEW RPG that people use as rifle
  7. Rodek

StormStrafe, what was your point in creating this thread? So far, all you've done is claimed that the lasher is a great weapon without backing it up with hard evidence. The one video you've shown is hardly a common scenario and, as others have pointed out, could have been done to similar effect with other weapons. At this point, this looks to be nothing more than a troll thread.

If you actually want to provide an argument as to why the lasher is a good weapon then please make a video of how you use it.
    • Up x 2
  8. StormStrafe

You asked for a short video, I gave you a short video. If a video and statistics that support my opinion of the Lasher aren't hard evidence as you claim then you're the troll.
  9. Marked4Death

It's well established that Higby and NC fanboys believe all VS suck at the game and need to L2P.

This thread was entirely unnecessary.

That lasher vid gets posted in every lasher thread. The truth is he would have nearly as many kills just firing rockets into that cowd, only slowed by the fact he'd run out of rockets sooner. But if he used the lasher instead of an LMG every day, hoping for this situation, he would have died hundreds more times leading up to this one time.
    • Up x 2
  10. StormStrafe

Ok, here's a different video then. And take note of how his/her kills slow down drastically when he/she switches from the Lasher to the Rocket Launcher.

11. Rodek

I'll bite, In that video the Sunderer was in one of the most exposed places imaginable. Lemmings kept spawning at it even knowing they were at a heavy disadvantage. There were no snipers watching the ridge of the biolab. A rocket launcher or UBGL would have done the same job to similar effect and would have been a safer option. The video was posted in December.

Nowadays, players are smarter in their placement of Sundies and won't put them in such horrible places. That kind of scenario rarely, if ever, happens. If your point is that the lasher performs well in situations where you're fighting toddlers then I guess congratulations are in order. You win this one.

Now, I'll refine my request. Show me a video of you using the lasher against an organized force.
    • Up x 1
  12. Munq

Lasher is a niche weapon.

And I sense Lasher nerf incoming. I'll still use it because it represents novelty and failure all in one small neat package. If I ever log back into the game that is. Seeing the new launcher threads and videos on youtube, I'm more or less disgusted and not exactly excited to jump into any vehicle let alone log in only to be forced to run around as infantry.

Maybe I'll log in as TR or NC. Depending what I want to play. If I want to play with vehicles, TR, if I want to play with infantry, NC.
  13. StormStrafe

How about you show me a video where an under-barrel grenade launcher or rocket launcher is being used that (and I do mean that) effectively.

And again, here's what your video has to contend with:

14. SgtBreastroker

It is hilarious to use. The amount of fun I've had since unlocking and using it has increased exponentially.
    • Up x 2
  15. Marked4Death

Are you really being serious now?

In case your not, the player is firing the lasher into tightly clumped infantry, admittedly, doing well there. They change position, then switch to the launcher against single infantry, get 1 kill, then miss when trying to kill 1 single other infantry. There's no comparison, the lasher is used against tightly clumped infantry, and the rockets are fired poorly at single targets.
  16. Rodek

So now we're deflecting the argument?

You came in here trying to prove a point. That the lasher is a good weapon in the right hands. So far, the evidence you have provided is debatable at best and damns your argument at worst. If you are such a good player with it I don't know why you're so defensive about posting a video of you using it.
  17. SgtBreastroker

By your logic the Chaingun is EZ Mode because all you have to do is point and click.
    • Up x 2
  18. StormStrafe

Ok, same challenge that I gave Rodek: How about you show me a video where a rocket launcher is being used that effectively.

And again, here's what your video has to contend with:

19. StormStrafe

So you can't provide the requested video that would support your claims. Got it. You already asked for a video and I gave it to you and now you want to ask for another video when you can't even give me one in return? Got it.
  20. HyperMatrix

I'd like to see any user with a Lasher do better than I do with a JH/Pistol inside towers. Or better than I do with my MSW-R outdoors. Lasher is great as suppressive fire. But a good player who can aim will kill you with an LMG before you get 3 shots of with the lasher.
    • Up x 2