Purchased common pool item more than once? U Get Nuttin!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Crotalus-, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Highway_Star

Someone bought the same common pool item twice? Didn't they know about the cross accounts unlock update?

Give him nothing, why reward ignorance?
    • Up x 1
  2. Jaloro

Firstly, I wish people who haven't paid anything towards this game would stay out of this thread. I obviously fully respect their opinion when it comes to gameplay issues but on this they can take their freeloading verbal diarrhea and naff off.

Secondly, in terms of what I would expect back, I would be perfectly happy with some boosts roughly equivalent to the SC wasted. Just some acknowledgement like that really. Its not like I want to take actual money away from SoE.

The only thing the current stance achieves is upsetting a significant portion of the 10% who pay to play the game. It just seems counterproductive to alienate the exact portion of your playerbase you really really would not want upset. For every one you lose over this, you need to attract 10 more people to replace them just to maintain the financial status quo.
  3. MasterCheef

no matter what happens, no one will be happy until everything is free and the game is made tailored to their specific liking. Why even argue with these people? Just let them vent amongst themselves.
  4. Stadulator

Annnd for the 1000th time, the devs are working on a fix
  5. Taiji

It's a shame that a move which looked reasonably generous to begin with, but only because they weren't being fair or sensible in the first place, then mainly turns back into the exact opposite once they're honest about the details.

I'm really disappointed at the apparent pretense of listening.

Of course ES weapons bought with SC should have rough equivalents unlocked for the other factions.

Because if they did then I'd start an NC, and maybe a VS, character.

So now of course I won't be buying any more weapons, nevermind cosmetics that suit the other factions.
  6. Kediec

Because a large portion of us bought multiple common pool items across multiple factions when the games released BEFORE they even announced account wide unlocks.
    So no , we didn't know about account wide unlocks.

For those saying " you got what you paid for " .... Yes , at the time we did and we were happy to support the game. How-ever this change is retroactive, which means we would not have had to spend anywhere as near as much as we did if this system had been in place originally.
    You can't tell a paying customer - "well you know that identical stuff you paid for to use on different characters, we're giving it everyone else for free and they only have to buy it once but you don't get anything back - deal with it ".
    If you do , expect the response you are seeing now from those of us who supported the game financially from beta onwards.

As others have said, we would be happy even if we got our accounts flagged to choose X weapons to account for the dupe purchases, or even certs to those characters that have dupe items on so we can get something else.
    I haven't seen anyone of us asking for £ back.

I personally will not be renewing my 6 month subscription due to this, nor will i be buying anymore SC ( of which i have spent aprox £150+ on since beta, plus the Alpha Squad purchase ). This isn't a threat, this is a fact. I will vote with my wallet on this issue and take my money elsewhere to other games.

Give your loyal customers a bone and they will stay with you. Give them a kick like this and they will leave.

SOE has time to fix this, don't kick your paying customers where it hurts.
    • Up x 1
  7. HyperMatrix

SC is station cash. So 1,400 Station Cash and 100,000 Station Cash. I'm saying the 1,400 station cash they would be refunding me is nothing compared to the 100,000 station cash I have purchased so far in this game, but the gesture would encourage me to buy more from them.
  8. HamOnRye

Speaking of ignorance, yours is on full display.

The people in question are those who bought items for different characters before this was announced.
    • Up x 1
  9. meucha

Oh yeah i got that. What i wanted to convey is my amazement at someone purchasing 100,000 station cash, that's $1000 full price or $300+ if bought on triple days. :eek:
  10. Traska

This, exactly. And, since I've made a few posts on this matter, I've distilled it into one post, which I'm placing below. TL;DR warning now:

I take issue with this, heavily. The people who bought an item multiple times are the people who have supported this game the longest, with the most money. The patch message stated that this would be applied retroactively. As in, as if it were always so. Were it always so, I never would have purchased the A30 Walker for my liberator, three times. Or the Dalton, three times. Or any number of other things. It's unnecessarily punitive to those who are your staunchest supporters and most ardent fans. I urge you to rethink this.

I was planning to use the SC refund to purchase even more PS2 items, but I have no plans to spend more money on PS2 items until those who bought the items early receive the same bang for their buck as those who walk in and buy one today. Someone who buys a 700SC item right now for all three of their possible characters pays 700SC. People who did this a week ago pay 2100SC. That is unacceptable, and I strongly hope you reconsider. This is real world money I have invested into this game, not mere certs or play time.

Refunding costs you nothing. No one's going to get real world money back, we're just asking for SC (heck, make up some new PSBucks currency specifically for this game, I don't think anyone would care, or give us a 50% discount on all SC items until the discrepncy is eliminated). The resulting items are just code, and I'll turn around and dump it back into PS2, but not everyone might, and it's excellent PR (the real currency no company can have enough of.) . Not refunding costs you goodwill with players and potential players. Gamers tend to have long memories (ask me why I refuse to play a NCSoft game ever again), and gamers tend to talk. A lot. To anyone who will listen. That kind of negative word-of-mouth campaign is not what PS2, SOE, or Sony itself really needs (Ask EA how they like the reviews for SimCity). I want this game to succeed, but there are people who are far more disappointed than I am, and far less polite in how they express it.

I was looking so hard at the ESRLs too. Ah well. I'm not buying them unless it's with the SC I used to get the two Daltons, two A30s, etc that I never would have spent money on if this were truly retroactive. I'm not going to purchase SC to do that, I'll just use the freebie SC I get each month as a Station Pass subscriber. Unless this is rectified, I don't intend to spend a single cent specifically on PS2, and I cannot be the only one.

I don't get worked up over certs, or downtime... but money? Actual real world money? Yes, that is my berserk button. And the fact that it costs a new player less to buy (assuming no sales) what I, a loyal customer since day one have now, is wrong. In this time of server merges and declining player numbers, they should be enticing player retention, not players leaving for other games.
    • Up x 2
  11. HyperMatrix

I think $150 triple, $50 double, $150 single, $40 from Alpha Squad, and just recently got 3x $75 Nvidia Free2Play Bundle cards, and 3x $150 Nvidia Free2Play Bundle cards.

45,000 SC from Triple
    10,000 SC from Double
    15,000 SC from Regular
    4,000 SC from Alpha Squad
    7,500 SC from Nvidia Cards (Cashed in)
    22,500 SC from Nvidia Cards (Not Cashed Yet. Hoping they work on a Double/Triple Station Cash Day? :p)
    2,000 SC from 4 months Premium Membership

So yeah I was pretty accurate. 106,000 SC so far, approximately. Or if the Nvidia cards work during double/triple station cash and we get one of those days before the end of April, potentially 150,000 SC.
  12. HamOnRye

Radar, if you are reading this I would you be willing to convey the following:

Nobody is asking for money back, and SOE has at its doorstep a golden opportunity to demonstrate that you are very much a customer centric company. As opportunities go this one is damn cheap too, as it is a one time event and it won't cost you a dime (aside from a little coding work). If you do this via SC refund, certs, special camo, or whatever you are going to purchase for yourself a lot of goodwill and customer loyalty.

If you choose the bean counters solution of blowing off those individuals, who have a proven history of open up their wallets for your product. Do you think they will continue to do so in the future?
    • Up x 2
  13. MaelstromSOB

i had to switch servers about 3 months in to be with my guild,same faction .i knew account unlocks was coming so i was comfortable spending some sc for the same items...till that happened.
    well,it is unfortunate that soe has made no mention of the double purchasers in this whole farce....except 1 post from higby.

ive spent money on monthly as well as money to unlock....ive been loyal and supported this game with my wallet,consistently

SOE................YOU HAVE CHEATED A FAIR PORTION OF US .....................WE WANT OUR SC REFUNDS ..........NOW
    • Up x 1
  14. Highway_Star

It was announced in the beta and many times afterwards.
  15. Siro

RadarX, here is some constructive feedback.

At the time of the account wide unlocks, the only item that didn't transfer for me properly was a Rocky Tundra infantry/vehicle/weapon camo package that I bought with SC. I put in a support ticket and by this morning when I logged in the issue had been corrected and the camo was now available to all my characters since it was usable by all factions. I will admit that SOE isn't good about keeping us updated on the forums with what is happening. For instance right now the servers are down but there is no message on the boards stating how long the expected downtime will be. Just little things like that allow the player base to feel like that know whats going on. That is something that can easily be fixed. We don't need a novel explaining what's going on, and if maint. takes longer than expected a edit to the original post stating what the new ETA of servers going back up keeps everyone informed. Just a small bit of communication between the forum mods and the maint. team is all that's needed.

As for the account wide unlocks.
    First when I log into my account at planetside 2 to review my purchase history I was surprised that when I check purchase history, each item is listed as "PlanetSide Next In-Game Item" . When I opened my ticket to ask for the Rocky Tundra camo package to be unlocked on all my characters I wanted to give the transaction number so that it would be easy to look up that I had indeed bought it with station cash in the past. I couldn't do that because I couldn't tell what transaction was for what item. Correcting this would help alot for us as well as when we talk to a service rep on the phone or email.

That was the only problem I had for the account wide unlocks. There are many that bought copies of items on different characters and I know that you stated before RadarX that there were no plans for a "blanket refund" of SC. That would involve someone going over all the accounts and transactions and looking for the people who did that. That's a waste of manpower. Each player is very familiar with their own account and you have a dedicated team of customer service reps that have the ability to refund SC. A simple post on these forums stating something similar to "if you have purchased duplicate items with SC please create a support ticket or call our service dept and we will refund your SC so that you can purchase another weapon or camo to continue your fight in planetside 2. As soon as one of our customer service reps verify the duplicate purchase we will credit your account in-game." something like that...

It would do two things.
    1) You now have a list of accounts with duplicate items because the players themselves will present them to you by making a ticket. You don't need to have a team check all accounts for duplicate item purchases. Players will bring you the affected accounts because they obviously would like to spend that SC on something else.
    2) It allows you to maintain good customer relations, and keeps people wanting to play and spend more because they feel like they have been taken care of.

This is a simple solution to this problem, but it will require communication from SOE. It might slam the service dept with tickets for the next week but that is also what they are there for. A sticky at the top of the forums or a message in-game would both work to inform players to make a ticket if they have duplicate item purchases.

MBT secondaries might have to wait longer for account wide unlocks because I understand that the in-game item ID number is different on a prowler and a mag.

I hope you implement this simple solution. You'll make alot of players happy even if they have to make a support ticket.
    • Up x 2
  16. Lex Striker

Well, this whole incident has caused me to go out and see how much money I have really put into this game and my three characters. Even though I was not shocked at the total, it is way too much… especially based on what just happened with the Account Wide Unlocks. I have spent a lot more money on Free-to-Play games lately then I have ever spent on Subscriptions. I do so to support the game and its future development… my investment in its future. So why do I feel like a sucker right now?

Where this leaves me is having paid up to 2100SC for many items that other players now pay 700SC. Now I could give a rat’s-butt less what other players think, because they are not me and they may not be in the same situation as I am. All I know right now is the way I feel about SOE… which right now is not good. I wanted to unlock the GD-7F and was waiting for the Account Wide Unlocks to do it. Well, now I am not going to unlock it, as well as any other item for that matter... at least not for real money. That means my enjoyment of the game will decrease, because I will not be working with weapons I want to be working with. This is my choice, but both SOE and myself will suffer for it. When my subscription comes up in June, we will see how I feel then and whether I will continue to support this game financially at all. Hey, free-to-play, right?

My past impression of SOE based on what I have read from other players has been one word…“greedy”. Now I have felt that for the first time personally. I have been an Eve Online player now for 5 years. I came to both GW2 and PS2 because I had read articles saying that these games were going to try to emulate the design model of Eve Online and their 10 years of success. GW2 failed miserably in basing their ‘Trading Post’ on the Eve Online model. With that and other factors, I have ‘shelved’ the game. Now I feel like I am reliving that experience here with PS2… which is not good. Players play a MMOG based on how they ‘feel’ about the game. Well, at this point, I guess the PS2 honeymoon is over. Oh well.

I am not comparing PS2 to Eve Online at all… they are too different games and Eve Online has a great advantage of being around for 10 years. However, the public relations… the idea of the players feeling like they own the game as much as anyone else… well, that is not what I feel here with PS2 now. CCP has not always done the right things either, but they have always managed to turn things around. If they strayed off course, they listened to the players and corrected it… unfortunately, more than once. However, I have always felt that CCP was improving Eve Online to make my experience of the game better… not to just make money. All I can say is that if the partnership between CCP and SOE on Dust-514 means that SOE is thinking of buying out CCP, then I better start learning to play golf.

One of the developers of Eve Online made a statement that CCP did not own the game… the players did. All that CCP did was provide the environment and tools for the players to create their own worlds. At this point, I believe this because I have felt it. I was hoping to feel that way here as well. I was also part of the SWG redesign mass quit… so that is another bad experience with SOE that makes me leery of how PS2 will eventually turn out.

That does not mean that I do not think SOE is trying. They are, as they have used our feedback to create new stuff. I just have a gut feeling that SOE is having a hard time following the player-oriented design model. I feel sometimes it is forced, where CCP just goes out and has a beer and eats shark's heads with the players. I want to believe, but that trust has to be earned. Right now that trust has taken a hard hit. We will just have to wait and see what the future holds... and wait for the 'solution'.
    • Up x 2
  17. HamOnRye

I am calling BS on that statement. I was in Beta, as we're several others in this thread, and this was never brought up in Beta. This was first announced after SOE put up the roadmap where this became a prominent issue.
    • Up x 2
  18. Kediec

This.
    • Up x 1
  19. Highway_Star

Choose to believe that if you like. Dev meeting twitch streams mentioned it as a future update long before the roadmap was even made.
  20. meucha

Impressive.
    While i'm not concerned having spent cash on my main account only, i believe SOE should address the issue since it obviously only impacts their highest-ROI customers. Simple business logic.
    • Up x 4