NC MAX's: Looking innocent with guilt in the back pocket

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Mar 2, 2013.

1. The Milk Man

Well yeah no duh they are bad at long range, but they are never at long ranges. They are always camping the bio lab doors and being repaired or revived by medic and engineers. They can rush rooms with other shotgun maxes to eliminate a lot of people including tr and vs maxes with one clip from both arms. Then infantry can rush the room and revive all the nc maxes again. So they are great at offense and defense. Have you ever seen a TR max rush before? If you ever did, it probably failed miserably because NC maxes can just tear apart them. If TR are defending, their maxes still get shredded by nc maxes and infantry since it takes a lot longer for TR maxes to kill infantry.
  2. FlayvorOfEvil

I dunno, the shotguns in Crysis 1 were pretty accurate. You could kill an enemy from more than 50m.
  3. StormStrafe

Never played that, thanks for the knowledge! (I assume we're talking about buckshot and not slugs or sabot rounds here.)
  4. Revanmug

You know, everybody was saying Magrider was the most pulled MBT of all and so, outnumbering everything.
    Amusigly, it was the least pulled tank by far.

It also makes me remember when people were complaining sniper were everywhere and OP during Beta. Too bad the usage during a day was of 13% out of 6 class with HA and engineer on top.

On the splatter max business... You can't balance those. They'll never be able to. It's a soo specific type of weapon that nerfing them just a tiny bit will make them useless in every single combat scenario as they were during the first half of Beta.

There is only 1 way to fix this and it's to give a Gauss MG to NC MAX. (While removing/sharing shotgun)

Also, Flamethrower are coming. I remember having to use those to make a NC MAX usable outside of AA. It was amusing burning MAX down.

Every MAX has a 80% damage reduction to bullet. That "tiny" 5% is actually 25% damage reduction.

It's annoying that people still don't know that.
  5. MittRackRObama

How about buffing the VS max and leaving the other 2 alone. I can't tell you how many times I've been able to survive as a light assualt jumping over the head of an NC Max. They just need to be approached differently.

VS Max pretty much has a decent assault rifle on it's one arm with a larger ammo capacity. You could compare it to the TR MAx's chain gun, but that would be a gross overestimation of its ability.

Having you played VS Max? 1 time does not count. Don't lie. VS Maxs are seriously UP when compared to the other faction's alternatives.

Either the VS Max gets a cloak ability or a quick "jump" ability NOT FLY but a nice jump ability (less than Jump Jets 1) than we might have some balance, but I fear that might turn the tides way OP in the VS direction.

Solution? Simply offer all Max guns to all factions. Bam. People stop complaining.
  6. DuckSauce

Best 30--40m-range anti-infantry for NC MAXes is burster, no joke.
  7. iShootCats

Or you can nerf the rof of the scatter shot problem solved? I don't think the Nc maxes are that op but they kill me way faster than vs or tr maxes at close quarter fight.
  8. Devrailis

I would love to have a long-range Gauss Railgun for my MAX. Heck, NC needs to do more with this magnetic-railgun thing they supposedly have going for them. The Gauss SAW doesn't count, where's my Gauss cannon?
  9. Suroped

We could have had many interesting looking guns but SOE decided to play money grabbing.
  10. MayorD

w t h is this score thing? compared to exp people gain? I just see NC sux everywhere, not by MAXes. NERF them! we need balance!

so you say, they should run outside and... and what? NC maxes camp biolabs cause thats the only thing they can do. With gun that can hit only under 10 m theres only way to camp somewhere in closed area... just wait till flamethrower are ingame, you will see TR and VS camping. but then you can change your gun and go outside. NC MAX can change the gun and still stay camping..
  11. LibertyRevolution

You have to equip AV max as NC if you want to AI outside.. it is really is that bad..
    I would love to swap my NC max for a dual cosmos or dual mercy max.
  12. iller

Again... it doesn't mean much. All it meant in the past is that all other stock infantry (especially our HA) was total crap by comparison. Situations where the number of NC at the base slightly outnumbers amount of attackers greatly reduces that impulse to go MAX + Engie (this happened especially often with Biolab Pubbers, or within Outfits at smaller bases & even some AMP stations). If the trend continues and NC still don't go back to using their personal favorites like LA, Inf, ...maybe even sprinkle in some actual battle Medic isntead of REZ farming medic??... I dunno but it's something to watch for so this discussion and its "DATA" is by no means over. Infact it's just beginning.
  13. DogEgg01

Baby Jesus seen in NC scattermax suit ! true story.
  14. Devrailis

He died for your control points and was ressed by a Medic on the third day.
  15. Leer

Everything about this post is one lol after another.
  16. TeknoBug

Like that one?
  17. ExarRazor

for people who dont get it, every single kill in that video except two that i could see, happend at ranges greater than 5 m

most happen at ranges greater than 10

a few happend at ranges greater than 30
  18. Purg

Nowhere in that video did I see the NC MAX confront 10 enemy on a cap and destroy the lot. What I did see is the lack of ability of a handful of people who don't know how to deal with a MAX. A VS or TR MAX would have dealt with the (lack of) threat just as easily. One guy sort of got smart in the middle where someone finally decided to use a tactical grenade but then didn't switch to a rocket which would have ended the streak.

Keep searching for that impossible video.
  19. Lucidius134

Hey man, calm down, take a deep breath, and look at the other sections of the forum.

Class Discussion -> MAX
  20. Purg

You seem to be one of those who believes this is a video of the NC MAX's OPness. I'm one that believes it shows it's UPness.

That was a couple of videos joined together where slugs weren't used at the start and were at the end. I could quite easily post a video of a VS MAX doing the same amount of kills that it took that NC MAX several reloads and almost all of its ammo to do in a single clip at ranges father than that NC MAX.

In fact, I will post it. Also includes a couple of NC MAX kills by the VS MAX.

Tell me again how the NC MAX is OP?