Roadmap, Players Site and Server Merges!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Infinn

The obvious choice for merging was Soltech with Jaegar... Logic is broken these days!!!!
    • Up x 5
  2. Bape

The TR are lucky in soltech they get to be teamed up with Buzz and the enclave. I just hope the NC have organization in soltech we are doing pretty good but we will see once the server merges :D.
  3. Hosp

WTB Free VS Transfer Tokens for Connery.

That made sense right? ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Pat Cleburne

SolTech NC has been doing quite well lately.
    SolTech TR is strong and well organized, just under manned.
    SolTech VS has crazy numbers.

Merge will be interesting.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gavyne

Genudine + Helios, woot very nice. Good to see server merges coming so quickly, can't wait for next week.
  6. Ceylynx

What determined which servers were folded? Jaeger/Waterson? It obviously has nothing to do with faction pop. No VS love :(
    • Up x 2
  7. Blitzkrieg

What a surprise, Woodman isn't on there.
    • Up x 3
  8. NytDragon

FYI, the Indar only focus is on EVERY server and won't get fixed until continent locks are implemented. That doesn't mean your server is lacking players, just that they're all on Indar. Nothing is preventing the largest outfits across all of the factions to agree on running ops on a different continent. That's really your only solution.

Moving to another server is just entering the exact scenario on another server. Not exactly the wisest solution.
    • Up x 1
  9. Dr.Destro229

oh NC is very good on matt we just have very few pilots so we mostly use tanks and mass inf
  10. DeliciousDonut

As a woodman player, you had me so hyped up with the merges. You really let me down SOE, really. I just can't stand it that there are no battles on Esamir and Amerish. These two brilliant continents are ghost towns on woodman and now that I can't see that change in near future, I am very upset.. I'd love to have a decent fight on Esamir.
    -1 for SOE
    • Up x 7
  11. Anti-Skub

Woodman only ever has players on Indar with Amerish and Esamir rarely seeing more than a single squad from each faction. Even with the entire population on Indar I have seen a queue maybe two or three times in the past couple of months (I play on and off peak times virtually everyday). Surely this is far from beyond capacity. Isn't capacity having all three continents fully populated?

The busiest I've seen it since the new year has been when game update 1 came out and Indar had a whopping queue of 2, with Amerish and Esamir still ghost towns. Wouldn't that make our peak population conservatively around 40% (on the assumption that Indar being full is one third capacity)? Surely we could be merged with another server with a equal population and still have significant room to spare.

I may be jumping to conclusions here but I think you'd find the vast majority of players would prefer full continents to absolutely no queues. If I have to occasionally queue because there's too much action on my server with the alternative being unable to play on two of the continents or even on Indar at off peak times because there's literally no one around then for god sake..give me queues.

Please, PLEASE don't make the mistake so many other MMOs have made to date and refuse to merge servers "just incase" when people are abandoning the game because lack of players is ruining their experience. Look at the fantastic flop that was SWTOR and ask anyone who played it for a significant length of time why they stopped and the answer is almost unanimously "They wouldn't merge our bloody server". Can I make the suggestion of going for the Guild Wars 2 route and just allowing people to switch servers once a week for free, allow the community to level itself out to a population it feels comfortable with and then shut down the servers that empty. You have no idea how much happier your playerbase would be.
    • Up x 5
  12. Rraymondo316

Happy about Helios & Genudine getting merged

But why not just merge all 3 west servers so we get fights on all 3 continents :)
  13. Masterskunk

I cannot believe Woodman won't get merged :(
    • Up x 6
  14. whitupiggu

Well looks like connery is going to remain dead during the off hours. What is the logic behind merging mattherson but not connery?
    • Up x 3
  15. Kenok

As a connery player, im frustrated at this. Indar is the only populated continent, Amerish and esamir is the dreaded ghost caps. I really hope you reconsider. Its absolutely boring and everyone is tired of the fight only being on Indar.
    • Up x 5
  16. hawken is better

Damn, I was hoping Jaeger would link up with Mattherson.
  17. XFynxX

what if players have a character on the two servers you are merging?
    i have a vanu on jaeger and an nc on waterson what will happen to them ?
  18. that_darn_lurker

Nice! Looking forward to meeting the Genudine players. Glad Helios gets to keep its name, because Helios is the coolest named server, which is why I picked it.
  19. Kujo

I'm guessing it's because there just so happens to be 4 US East servers while there are only 3 US West servers. So for East, they can just merge 2 pairs of servers, while West has an odd man out. I'm guessing that Connery, being the biggest US West server, was chosen to take the hit because it would hurt them the least.

Both characters will be on Waterson.
  20. Kwanza

Now way man, matterson is one the highest popped servers. Soltech makes the most sense. Soltech would balance our faction pops perfectly.
    • Up x 2